banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 12-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #1
Peter Bro10

Default Hey, where's Jesse Joe been?

Just curious if anyone knows what's become of our Jesse Joe??
On another holiday?? (aka vacation?)
The place just isn't the same without him!
Well, Jesse Joe, where ever you are, Merry Christmas!!

Peter Bro10
Peter Bro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
charlene

Default Re: Hey, where's Jesse Joe been?

the east coast has been hit by bad weather for days now..maybe he can't get online..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:26 PM   #3
Nightingale

Hi Peter Bro...Jesse Joe decided to take a break from cyber space. He let his high speed internet connection lapse for the winter. He said he needed a break but will probably come back in the spring.

I sure hope he does. I miss him You are right, Corfid isn't the same without him but I guess everyone needs something different now and then.
into the broad ocean..."

G. Lightfoot "Tattoo"
Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #4
Peter Bro10

Well, if anyone has direct contact with Jesse Joe, please tell him that Peter Bro10 said "hey" and Merry Christmas! (albeit a tad bit belatedly).
thank you.

Peter Bro10
Old 01-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
Patti

You are right, Peter Bro, the place just isn't the same without him! I can get a letter to him. I'll try to get to a printer within the next week or two and print out this thread and mail it to him.
Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #6
ELizabeth

Patti, if you get a letter to Jesse Joe please tell him to hurry back-there's a piece of the list missing w/o him.
ELizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:22 AM   #7
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Take a break ? lapse ? what ? Tell him to hook back up and get back here, good grief ! This is 2009 not 1955.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
Dream Street Rose

Oh where, oh where can our Jesse be?
Oh where, oh where can he be?

Come back Jesse Joe. I miss you too.

DSR
Old 01-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #9
Patti

Still haven't gotten to a printer, but will soon, I hope.
Hey there, Jesse!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:28 AM   #10
Nightingale

Hey there Patti!
I was wondering about you today. Hope you are well, my friend.
into the broad ocean..."

G. Lightfoot "Tattoo"
Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #11
Patti

I'm fine, you wonderful person.
I'm going to print this out now, then go mail it to Jesse Joe.
Talk to ya later.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #12
Peter Bro10

Hey Patti, have you heard back from Jesse Joe?
his hiatus has been long enough... time to come home Jesse Joe!

Peter Bro10
Old 02-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
luv4lightfoot

No, I haven't heard back from him. It sure was nice to hear from him in January. It would be nice to see him on corfid again.
luv4lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #14
geodeticman.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Bro10 View Post
Just curious if anyone knows what's become of our Jesse Joe??
On another holiday?? (aka vacation?)
The place just isn't the same without him!
Well, Jesse Joe, where ever you are, Merry Christmas!!
P-Bro (been awhile since I called you that, makes me think *after I type it* of Peabro Bryson (sp?) - a soul/R&B entertainer as I recall from the late 70's to mid 80's maybe ? - Anyway, you're right, the place isn't the same w/o him.

I was just sitting and thinking about Jesse. He, or rather his membership in corfid started out kind of up down and sideways, as I recall, not so much rocky at all, but he had a tendency to want to be friends so fast at first, which is certainly no crime. Its just how I remember the early Jesse. I remember his wavering on how his name should be spelled, despite it coming directly from "Flying Blind" as I recall; I think the Q he had at first was did the given spelling in verse render an ambiguous gender ? He worried over that for a few days as I recall.

I certainly did too have my rough (still do once in awhile) moments when the room was a bit more bositerous from the peanut galleries, a few individuals perhaps, no matter. He weathered it, and he even had the endurance to listen to several well-meant suggestions, and a few not so well meant, and for that matter, not so well in origin.

He even allowed me the windage when he was taking flaming arrows, right and left, he was taking shelter from behind the overturned buckboard, so to speak. That is to say, he allowed me to comment upon the omni-presence of him, or maybe more properly said - his apparent ubiquitous presence in each thread and seemingly through the distorted lens of memory, each post, which he certainly didn't. It only seemed that way. Wel anyway (lol) - I keep losing my way here, he alllowed me to comment upon this perception of him, where I stated that I wanted to help, and I explained my less-than-brilliant observation.

It was at a time where he and I both were experiencing some rocky replies due I guess to more pronounced (for both of us) habits and manner of writing that apparently agitated a rather caustic few, and he and I both certainnly heard about it. And then, I thought I saw what he was wanting (friendship, what a terrible crime) and that was all he was vigorously pursuing at the time, a rocky time indeed in corfid, around late 2006, early '07.

In my longish (laughs from the peanut gallery) post to him, I explained how a person tends to get burned when they try to make friends to quick. "Fast friends make for fast enemies all to often" was the message I tried, still typing far worse than I do now, punctuation, long-windedness, at a time when I was taking a lot of heat from a caustic few as well. I still blabber on long-windedly, I know it, you all know it, and quite simply, its who I am. And I grew early on to like Jessie for who he was, when he was having difficulty in explaining his mission.

Point is -he had the good character to listen, and to think upon it, and reply cogently. I compliment him now on that, something I should do so well as.

So, any way, I wonder too where is Jessie Joe, hope he is allright; and I am glad the flaming arrows stopped at him long back, as they (for the most part lol) have for me now. I recall when he was having some transitional difficulty to all-english when he was apparently accustomed to a mix of the two with frequent euphemisms that sounded French, like 'They hear us, like the flies on the wall"

How boring corfid would be if we were all alike. And Jessie is certainly a likable character, and I do hope he is well.

PeterBro - you once I saw asked casually in a thread called "Has anybody seen or heard from Geo-Steve ?" - and now, more than ever, as you ask about Jessie, you reveal, as you allways have, including then, a vary kind and caring nature. All this talk has been to get to that point, and, to...sort of celebrate our differences. I miss him too. Thank you for caring enough to ask, P-Bro
Old 03-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #15
Yuri

"How boring corfid would be if we were all alike".

Blabber on Geo Steve - I enjoy your musings. Although, in life we all gravitate towards certain personalities and traits, here at Corfid I'm always amazed and delighted at the variety of personalities, backgrounds, life experiences and nationalities that have been brought together by one man and his music.
How boring indeed,... if we were all alike!!...
Bugs! - http://thunderhouse4-yuri.blogspot.com/
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:25 AM   #16
geodeticman.5

"Blabber on Geo Steve " - Thank you Yuri - and for the way you have as a characteristic of yours of wisely summing-up a common thread we perhaps are not seeing, and making a thought-provking....summation isnot the word....but maybe summarizing point-to-pomder so well. I always enjoy reading yours.

Having been formallybeen given the kind permission to blabber-on, I need never apologize for that again. jj and a few other said I say sorry too much anyway... so as I have been encouraged to, I will proudly tack-along, brandishing my attempts at modest erudition while tilting at my own envisioned windmills of the parts 'o my brain that havn't gone thunk to many times

Thanks, Yuri