banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-26-2003, 03:58 PM   #1
philip.deer1

Hello, folks! Thank ya'll for allowing me to come into your ranks here. I am sure that I will find this site enlightening and pleasurable.
I have a question for you dedicated Lightfoot fans. A very unique amplifier has come into my hands wiht an interesting story. I was hoping that someone here might have some insight as to the validity of the unsubstantiated claims that accompany this amp.
The amp is a 1950 Fender Pro that has been very lovingly cosmetically enhanced. The tweed is gone. There are copper 'diamonds' inlaid in various places on the amp. The 'TV' front has been 'arched' twice at the top and bottom. Beautiful red roses have been decopaged around the front of the amp.
At the bottom back panel, "Lightfoot" has been stenciled in white. The story is that this amp was once part of Lightfoot's stage equipment. Is this amp familiar to any of you? Does anyone have or recall any photos of this amp on the stage with Lightfoot? This is a wonderful sounding amp, and the story piques my interest.
Have a good one!
philip.deer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 03:58 PM   #2
Wally

Hello, folks! Thank ya'll for allowing me to come into your ranks here. I am sure that I will find this site enlightening and pleasurable.
I have a question for you dedicated Lightfoot fans. A very unique amplifier has come into my hands wiht an interesting story. I was hoping that someone here might have some insight as to the validity of the unsubstantiated claims that accompany this amp.
The amp is a 1950 Fender Pro that has been very lovingly cosmetically enhanced. The tweed is gone. There are copper 'diamonds' inlaid in various places on the amp. The 'TV' front has been 'arched' twice at the top and bottom. Beautiful red roses have been decopaged around the front of the amp.
At the bottom back panel, "Lightfoot" has been stenciled in white. The story is that this amp was once part of Lightfoot's stage equipment. Is this amp familiar to any of you? Does anyone have or recall any photos of this amp on the stage with Lightfoot? This is a wonderful sounding amp, and the story piques my interest.
Have a good one!
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 04:25 PM   #3
Borderstone

Well,I don't know that much about amps or the one your discussing but from one Wally to another let me welcome you aboard! This is Julie our cruise director,she'll show you around. P.S.-I prefer either Walter or Borderstone thanks. Have fun! Later!

------------------
Borderstone (An,"Avid Listner" of G.L.)
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 04:49 PM   #4
philip.deer1

Howdy, Walter. I am a Walter, also, but for better or worse have kept the diminuitive 'Wally' since childhood. I keep hoping that it will lessen the serious side of my nature...hhahaha
Thanks for the welcome. I knew that I was taking a long shot in talking amps on this page, which I surmised would be on more of an acoustic guitar slant.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:49 PM   #5
Wally

Howdy, Walter. I am a Walter, also, but for better or worse have kept the diminuitive 'Wally' since childhood. I keep hoping that it will lessen the serious side of my nature...hhahaha
Thanks for the welcome. I knew that I was taking a long shot in talking amps on this page, which I surmised would be on more of an acoustic guitar slant.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:29 PM   #6
Auburn Annie

Wally,

I have no clue whether the amp was truly part of Gord's equipment at one time or other. He DID have some sound equipment (and a guitar) stolen in 1974 in Saginaw, Michigan resulting in a cancelled concert in Ann Arbor. I saw him in concert that year but frankly don't remember seeing an amp - I wasn't checking out THAT equipment <grin>.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 05:29 PM   #7
Auburn Annie

Wally,

I have no clue whether the amp was truly part of Gord's equipment at one time or other. He DID have some sound equipment (and a guitar) stolen in 1974 in Saginaw, Michigan resulting in a cancelled concert in Ann Arbor. I saw him in concert that year but frankly don't remember seeing an amp - I wasn't checking out THAT equipment <grin>.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:50 PM   #8
philip.deer1

Annie, girl, the way you be! hehehe I hope this amp wasn't part of that missing equipment...
Old 08-26-2003, 06:50 PM   #9
Wally

Annie, girl, the way you be! hehehe I hope this amp wasn't part of that missing equipment...
Old 08-26-2003, 07:54 PM   #10
Auburn Annie

Hey, guys, cut me some slack - I was a healthy, unattached 22 year old female of the hetero persuasion at the time. As for nowadays, I'm committed (married almost 23 years to the same fella) but not dead yet.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:54 PM   #11
Auburn Annie

Hey, guys, cut me some slack - I was a healthy, unattached 22 year old female of the hetero persuasion at the time. As for nowadays, I'm committed (married almost 23 years to the same fella) but not dead yet.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:32 PM   #12
fowlesjohn

Auburn Annie,
At the time I was reading your posts hear I was listening to Sunday Concert and specifically "Just Like Tom Thumb Blues"... I almost spit my coffee across the screen as Gord is singing "when your gravity fails and negativity don't pull you through" added new definitions for that verse for me (LOL). Hey, walking forward is what we continue to do, correct? Funny post.
fowlesjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 08:32 PM   #13
gwen snyder

Auburn Annie,
At the time I was reading your posts hear I was listening to Sunday Concert and specifically "Just Like Tom Thumb Blues"... I almost spit my coffee across the screen as Gord is singing "when your gravity fails and negativity don't pull you through" added new definitions for that verse for me (LOL). Hey, walking forward is what we continue to do, correct? Funny post.
gwen snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 03:32 AM   #14
Iron

Wally,
I beleive He most always uses a twin reverb on stage, and something fancied up as You described would seem a bit out of ordinary for Gordon onstage,but,...Ya never know..
good luck,
Iron
Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 01:01 PM   #15
2Much2Lose

Unfortunatly Wally, your amp was never used by Gord. It is possible that someone made it with him in mind, but it wasn't his.
Jenney
2Much2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 01:01 PM   #16
Jenney

Unfortunatly Wally, your amp was never used by Gord. It is possible that someone made it with him in mind, but it wasn't his.
Jenney
Jenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 08:07 PM   #17
SomewhereupinMichigan

I believe it belonged to a chap by the name of Phil Lightfoot who used to play blues in the cheap bars on the south side of Chicago. Or maybe it was that "other" Gordon Lightfoot that got arrested a while back!
SomewhereupinMichigan is offline   Reply With Quote