banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-14-2000, 01:44 AM   #1
dill23

I have to laugh. All this talk about Terry and Rick and not one word about the guy who keeps the beat going. He's a great guy too. Soft spoken and a tremendous musician. Been sitting in the back for too long to go unnoticed, don't you think?
dill23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2000, 01:44 AM   #2
Rob Wells

I have to laugh. All this talk about Terry and Rick and not one word about the guy who keeps the beat going. He's a great guy too. Soft spoken and a tremendous musician. Been sitting in the back for too long to go unnoticed, don't you think?
Rob Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2000, 12:40 PM   #3
Jez

Without a doubt ! I've always admired his drumming style. His sence of timing is tremendous. Sometimes it's not so much when, he hits a drum, but more so when he doesn't !!!

------------------
The house you live in will never fall down, if you pity the stranger that stands at your door.....GL
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2000, 12:40 PM   #4
Bob from Westphalia, Mich

Without a doubt ! I've always admired his drumming style. His sence of timing is tremendous. Sometimes it's not so much when, he hits a drum, but more so when he doesn't !!!

------------------
The house you live in will never fall down, if you pity the stranger that stands at your door.....GL
Bob from Westphalia, Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2000, 02:31 PM   #5
CanadaGirl38

Yes! Excellent point. The hardest thing for a musician to play is nothing. The guy that can hold back when that is what's called for is very good indeed. Didn't mean to overlook Barry - I date back to Gordon's pre-drums days - just an oversight...
CanadaGirl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2000, 02:31 PM   #6
fezo

Yes! Excellent point. The hardest thing for a musician to play is nothing. The guy that can hold back when that is what's called for is very good indeed. Didn't mean to overlook Barry - I date back to Gordon's pre-drums days - just an oversight...
fezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2000, 09:49 AM   #7
Gord

Um just a small correction Barry's last name is spelled Keane. Yes Barry is one of the better drummers around, he not only plays for Gord but countless others, Anne Murray, Murray McLaughlin, Roger Whittaker among many others. Gotta be hard to sit on stage every night not doing much cuz 80% of Gord's songs don't involve drums. Having seen the band in concert many times and hearing the old LP's before CD I had no idea Barry was doing something on those recordings even tho you couldn't hear it. The thing that got me was that on the Wreck Barry was hitting the Hi Hat though on the CD it's barely noticeable....
Old 04-15-2000, 09:49 AM   #8
Gord

Um just a small correction Barry's last name is spelled Keane. Yes Barry is one of the better drummers around, he not only plays for Gord but countless others, Anne Murray, Murray McLaughlin, Roger Whittaker among many others. Gotta be hard to sit on stage every night not doing much cuz 80% of Gord's songs don't involve drums. Having seen the band in concert many times and hearing the old LP's before CD I had no idea Barry was doing something on those recordings even tho you couldn't hear it. The thing that got me was that on the Wreck Barry was hitting the Hi Hat though on the CD it's barely noticeable....
Old 04-15-2000, 12:29 PM   #9
dill23

Sorry about the typo. As dI have mentioned before, my wife says I type like a gorilla.
dill23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2000, 12:29 PM   #10
Rob Wells

Sorry about the typo. As dI have mentioned before, my wife says I type like a gorilla.
Rob Wells is offline   Reply With Quote