banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 12-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #26
Melissa

Default Re: CBS Sunday Morning?

Yeah, I need to be able to watch it in the car while I'm driving to work!

Melissa :-D
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #27
charlene

VIDEO CAN BE SEEN AT:
http://cnettv.cnet.com/gordon-lightf...-50160600.html

and

charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #28
Lisa J

Send a message via AIM to Lisa J

in the midst of my move i remembered to check in on this forum and was lucky enough to read about the Sunday Morning piece. Thank you for letting us know it would be on. We have only been in our new town, new house 1 week, and the house is still a shambles, but i made sure i set the alarm for the 7 AM showing here in Washington. It was wonderful to watch. I agree it was too short, and i wish there had been a mention of the band, but what they did show was well done. It was good to see old and new, but my favorite part was making sure everyone knew his contribution and loyalty to Canada. Good job.
Lisa J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #29
Melissa

Thanks for posting the link to the video, Char. Amazing how different the online version is from the one that was on TV. For example, when they were talking about Peter, Paul and Mary doing "For Lovin' Me," they played PP&M's audio on the TV show. But in the version online, they played Gord's version. Several other things were different, too.

But I'm glad it's available online, especially since my recording of the TV show got fouled up!

Melissa
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #30
niffer

My DVR worked
niffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #31
Borderstone

Hello! Well,despite the fact I couldn't get to sleep
last night,I stayed up until CBS Sunday Morning came on @ 7am.
When I saw the host show the order of stories i was worried they were saving Gordon for last,thankfully,on right after another world renowned legend.

Gord looked like he was feeling good and sounding great (Both singing and talking). Yes,I too noticed the "overdub" of 70s vocal but that's a standard thing done on TV. Same as they do on those TIME-LIFE music collection Tv spots.

Glad they showed him circa 1970,singing CRRT and others. It was a good interview but what I didn't dig was the announcer/man reading story saying "if you're going to listen to Lightfoot,let me warn you." Now,I know it's only a humorus line and no ill will was in it but still "a warning?"

After the 10 to 15 minutes was done & they went to commercial, I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer . Was it any longer than that? Of course,I can just watch the fulll clip we have here and see.

I think that's the most positive U.S. interview I've seen since either Entertainment Tonight in '83 or Thicke Of The Night" in '84. I kind of wish they hadn;t mentioned his illness in 2002 and would have focused more on the present and the fact he had a live album out for people to hear. Not to mention his whole catalouge,

Been the B. Later!
Old 12-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #32
Lisa J

Send a message via AIM to Lisa J

Borderstone;

"I think that's the most positive U.S. interview I've seen since either Entertainment Tonight in '83 or Thicke Of The Night" in '84. "

perhaps the fact that the man conducting the interview was from Orillia had something to do with the positive US interview. Hometown boy!

Last edited by Lisa J; 12-08-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Lisa J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #33
KHester

Default Segment on Facebook

The Lightfoot segment is on Facebook now
Gordon Lightfoot: Music's humble legend - YouTube
Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #34
paskatefan

^ Thank you so much! Our DVR recorded it, but I also so grateful to see this up on Youtube! I hope people are polite in their comments.
paskatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #35
JohninCt.

Location: Wallingford, Ct. Not far from what used to be Oakdale Music Theater

Glad they showed him circa 1970,singing CRRT and others. It was a good interview but what I didn't dig was the announcer/man reading story saying "if you're going to listen to Lightfoot,let me warn you." Now,I know it's only a humorus line and no ill will was in it but still "a warning?"
I think it was in reference to his mention that "Gordon's songs will stay in your head all day." Not at all in any way a negative.
JohninCt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #36
charlene

B - You misunderstood... the warning was only to say 'these songs are so good they'll stay in your head even after you've turned off the stereo/radio'...not a bad thing meant at all ..
Old 12-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #37
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

great stuff
although I did somehow manage to watch the video using Char's original links it was a most frustrating experience .I know that I was not alone in having trouble getting the video to appear instead of only hearing the audio or seeing adverts: of the 21 comments on the CBS page 9 were about the problem of getting the video to play ending with this rant:-
"Thank you for this crappy website, I tried clicking on the play video link and the only thing that plays is commercials. Thank you for wasting my time"
I googled and found a link go the video uploaded to Daily Motion which despite its name is NOT a crappy website!!
I thought great if I could download the video from there I could upload it myself to YouTube
Then I would have posted a link here with a hint or two for any interested readers on how then to download it from YouTube and convert it for use as a driving distraction etc.lol
But although I searched and found several ways of saving a daily motion video, I failed to get one to work for me but now I do have some notes that no doubt will one day be useful.
Then thankfully YouTube member "CBS Sunday Morning" uploaded Gord's segment thereby saving me any further trouble. More than this another good segment on freemasonery has been uploaded and is joined by yet another piece that I somehow missed on Gord's Harry Tracy costar Bruce Dern
I hate to complain, but as sombody who for 30 years helped through the UK TV Licence pay the cost of the BBC I feel that CBC at the end should have given the BeeB credit for the clips they used from the fabulous 1971/72 In Concert program
Finally I noted that in the more recent clips of Sundown with just Rick behind Gord Rick is not singing along at all

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #38
jj

it was CBS...not CBC
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #39
Doug

Send a message via AIM to Doug
Default Lightfoot On Sunday Morning

I was able to capture a fairly high quality video of the segment.
Should be available here:
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/rcjyb...%20Morning.mp4
Old 12-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #40
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj View Post
it was CBS...not CBC
Thank you James I stand corrected

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #41
jj

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfowles View Post
Finally I noted that in the more recent clips of Sundown with just Rick behind Gord Rick is not singing along at all
hey John, maybe that is 1st chorus.... harmony is delayed until 2nd and onward
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #42
charlene

He's been singing when I've seen him this year - and Carter too!