banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #1
charlene

Default IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND DOC airing in London,England

NOV.7, 2019 -
https://www.curzoncinemas.com/Bookin...cDgYt9Ilo2WSQQ
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:15 PM   #2
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default Re: IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND DOC airing in London,England

All very interesting pity that I cannot get there.Yesterday I had noticed as evidently had Char a posting on the Gordon Lightfoot Gold Facebook page (posted by John Kamau Savill) in which he reported:
Got my ticket! Gordon's film is being shown in LONDON (UK) first UK debut! to limited audience and includes a Q&A session with the Director(?) c/o Curzon Cinemas one night only 7th November at 18-30 (6-30 pm) Soho Cinema Screen 3- 50% seem sold out already. Follow link, join as temporary member (free) and book, alternatively phone UK 03333210104 for booking office. I had to as they had problem with their website. Tickets £16-90 or £15-40
for seniors (over 60)
+ £2-00 phone booking fee VERY sorry its late! Book now
https://www.curzoncinemas.com/Booking/soho/362226
This morning I have found a relevant web page on the cinema's website at https://www.curzoncinemas.com/film-i...rdon-lightfoot

it features a larger photo (917x512 pixels) that I am having trouble posting here
plus some IMHO rather nice text

Gordon Lightfoot: If you could read my mind + Q&A | UK Premiere
In Canada's history, there are few people who signified the nation's modern confidence in its arts more than Gordon Lightfoot.
This singer-songwriter's singular talent in music changed the world's opinion of Canada's culture with his tremendous variety of songs that both celebrated the nation and touched its soul.
Sparing nothing about Lightfoot's personal weaknesses and failures as well as his triumphs, this film covers Lightfoot's career from his own words and his closest associates with recordings of his greatest hits
I also found
"Curzon Soho is known as the filmmakers cinema because it’s the kind of venue where you could find yourself sitting next to a screenwriter or director" ....
"Soho hosts regular director Q&As, documentary events, previews and often has exhibitions linked to the films being screened"
BUT it is kinda small for a cinema and truly "limited":-
"In 1998, the cinema was divided into a three screen complex and renamed Curzon Soho. With a fully licensed bar on the mezzanine level, the venue has proved hugely successful, voted London’s Number One cinema by Time Out readers
Screen Capacities & Access:
Screen 1
- 249 seats, 4 of which removable for 2 wheelchair spaces (front row of rear seating section).
Screen 2 - 113 seats plus 1 wheelchair space (front row
Screen 3 - 133 seats, 4 of which removable for 2 wheelchair spaces (back row).
so a grand total of only 495 seats (less at least 8 to be removed to accomodate wheelchairs!!
(So if you caanot get a seat better hire a wheelchair and a helper!!)
Here is another photo on that Curzon web page showing some punters hoping to get in??
OOPS wrong cinema wrong film (Soho always was a rather sleazy area of London!!!)

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

Last edited by johnfowles; 10-17-2019 at 01:25 PM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:30 PM   #3
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default Re: IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND DOC airing in London,England

All Right! here is a nice photo of Gordon that stoopid corfid caused me a problem because if I displayed it first I could not then paste in the text I wanted to appear under it
Yer Tis!!

Last edited by johnfowles; 10-17-2019 at 01:33 PM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote