banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-01-2000, 03:13 PM   #1
Rose

What a marvelous time. I was very honored to meet Jan, Otterjudy and Lams. The concert was held in an outdoor venue with Palm trees gently waving in the wind. Gord was in a very talkative mood. The band was in its usual excellent form. Before the concert I talked with Terry Clement and spoke briefly with Rick Haynes. While performing it is very evident that they enjoy playing in San Diego. The crowd yelled out the usual requests. At one point he said he had been thinking about what he was going to play during the afternoon and he couldn't decide weather to play Forgive Me Lord or the Watchman. The crowd yelled their preferance and Watchman won. From my observation I think that east coast audiences are more appreciative of his performance by their applause. Though this might be just my feelings. Gord was traveling without his family as they were home getting ready for the start of school.
After the concert would you believe my daughter and I got to go back stage along with Jan, Lams and Otterjudy. It was WONDERFUL. Never in a million years would I have ever thought that I would be honored to be in his company again. I will add more but I am watching my grandchildren right now and they are too quiet. Be back with more.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2000, 03:13 PM   #2
sundownbuff

What a marvelous time. I was very honored to meet Jan, Otterjudy and Lams. The concert was held in an outdoor venue with Palm trees gently waving in the wind. Gord was in a very talkative mood. The band was in its usual excellent form. Before the concert I talked with Terry Clement and spoke briefly with Rick Haynes. While performing it is very evident that they enjoy playing in San Diego. The crowd yelled out the usual requests. At one point he said he had been thinking about what he was going to play during the afternoon and he couldn't decide weather to play Forgive Me Lord or the Watchman. The crowd yelled their preferance and Watchman won. From my observation I think that east coast audiences are more appreciative of his performance by their applause. Though this might be just my feelings. Gord was traveling without his family as they were home getting ready for the start of school.
After the concert would you believe my daughter and I got to go back stage along with Jan, Lams and Otterjudy. It was WONDERFUL. Never in a million years would I have ever thought that I would be honored to be in his company again. I will add more but I am watching my grandchildren right now and they are too quiet. Be back with more.
sundownbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2000, 03:48 PM   #3
charlene

How thrilling for you!
Did you or Leslie get any pics?
How did you find the outdoor venue at Humphrey's?
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2000, 03:48 PM   #4
charlene

How thrilling for you!
Did you or Leslie get any pics?
How did you find the outdoor venue at Humphrey's?
Char
Old 09-01-2000, 04:23 PM   #5
monebalone

Lucky you! I would just LOVE to hear Gord do "The Watchman" live!
Old 09-01-2000, 04:23 PM   #6
monebalone

Lucky you! I would just LOVE to hear Gord do "The Watchman" live!
Old 09-01-2000, 05:16 PM   #7
Rose

Leslie and I both got pictures. The pictures I have from Buffalo I got signed and I will post those tomorrow. When I finish this roll I will show them also.I have a picture of each of the band members and also got each to sign the SONGBOOK.
Humphrey's is a beautiful outdoor venue. It is quite nice being outside on a perfect evening. It is on the water so people on boats of all sorts pull up to listen to the concert. I found their manager Barry to be a very nice person.
I did not keep a list of songs that were sung and I hope someone else did. He played Beautiful and Winter's Night along with Cape Horn. More to follow. I did mention that he had many fans in Britian that wanted to hear him but as of yet there are no plans.
Old 09-01-2000, 05:16 PM   #8
sundownbuff

Leslie and I both got pictures. The pictures I have from Buffalo I got signed and I will post those tomorrow. When I finish this roll I will show them also.I have a picture of each of the band members and also got each to sign the SONGBOOK.
Humphrey's is a beautiful outdoor venue. It is quite nice being outside on a perfect evening. It is on the water so people on boats of all sorts pull up to listen to the concert. I found their manager Barry to be a very nice person.
I did not keep a list of songs that were sung and I hope someone else did. He played Beautiful and Winter's Night along with Cape Horn. More to follow. I did mention that he had many fans in Britian that wanted to hear him but as of yet there are no plans.
Old 09-03-2000, 04:52 AM   #9
Dorothea

Sundownbuff,
Great posts! What an evening it must have been, for you all!
It must have been a big thrill, having your daughter with you, when you met him back stage.
Right choice (Watchman).

Frank.

Dorothea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2000, 04:52 AM   #10
Frank v

Sundownbuff,
Great posts! What an evening it must have been, for you all!
It must have been a big thrill, having your daughter with you, when you met him back stage.
Right choice (Watchman).

Frank.

Frank v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2000, 09:32 AM   #11
Rose

Frank, Gord played FORGIVE ME LORD at the last concert so it was a thrill to hear WATCHMAN. This was also the choice of the audience. It was like magic in the back stage area. To hear his voice when he walked in was thrilling. Gord and the bank members made sure to visit with each person in the room. I had not met Barry and Terry before Thursday. What great man they were. Mike and Barry visited with my daughter Debby for quite a long time. Rick was very courteous and enjoyed the picture I had of him .I got a picture of each of the band members now and got the three I had with me signed. Meeting Leslie and Otterjudy was fantastic. What a time!
Old 09-03-2000, 09:32 AM   #12
sundownbuff

Frank, Gord played FORGIVE ME LORD at the last concert so it was a thrill to hear WATCHMAN. This was also the choice of the audience. It was like magic in the back stage area. To hear his voice when he walked in was thrilling. Gord and the bank members made sure to visit with each person in the room. I had not met Barry and Terry before Thursday. What great man they were. Mike and Barry visited with my daughter Debby for quite a long time. Rick was very courteous and enjoyed the picture I had of him .I got a picture of each of the band members now and got the three I had with me signed. Meeting Leslie and Otterjudy was fantastic. What a time!
Old 09-03-2000, 06:45 PM   #13
LouiseAnne

And it was a real pleasure meeting YOU, too, Betty.

I agree with you about the audience. I felt that Gord really had to work hard to get them in the "groove" at Humphreys. When he walked onstage, I really thought the applause was almost "lukewarm." Of course, that could be because there were so many people who were rude enough to be still finding their seats. I don't know about where you were sitting, but where Judy and I were, the entire row in front of us (apparently together) didn't even come in until the THIRD song had started and the fourth song was almost lost from view for us while they fiddled around and played musical chairs and talked and laughed. I really think people should be more respectful of others around them who have actually come to SEE the concert. After the intermission it was the SAME THING with that group. GRRRRRR!

But I think that was the BEST concert Gord has put on.

Stay loose, eh?

LAMS

------------------
"Love and maple syrup
go together like the
sticky winds of winter
when they meet....
If you go into the forest
Gaze up through the trees
The sky is white.
You can understand
What makes the forest
Greet the man
Like a mother's only
child ..."
LouiseAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2000, 06:45 PM   #14
loveandmaplesyrup

Send a message via ICQ to loveandmaplesyrup

And it was a real pleasure meeting YOU, too, Betty.

I agree with you about the audience. I felt that Gord really had to work hard to get them in the "groove" at Humphreys. When he walked onstage, I really thought the applause was almost "lukewarm." Of course, that could be because there were so many people who were rude enough to be still finding their seats. I don't know about where you were sitting, but where Judy and I were, the entire row in front of us (apparently together) didn't even come in until the THIRD song had started and the fourth song was almost lost from view for us while they fiddled around and played musical chairs and talked and laughed. I really think people should be more respectful of others around them who have actually come to SEE the concert. After the intermission it was the SAME THING with that group. GRRRRRR!

But I think that was the BEST concert Gord has put on.

Stay loose, eh?

LAMS

------------------
"Love and maple syrup
go together like the
sticky winds of winter
when they meet....
If you go into the forest
Gaze up through the trees
The sky is white.
You can understand
What makes the forest
Greet the man
Like a mother's only
child ..."
loveandmaplesyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2000, 10:36 PM   #15
charlene

Leslie - weren't there ushers stopping people from seating themselves while Gord was performing? At Massey Hall no one goes anywhere until there is an applause break. Then if Gord sees people are still getting into their seats he waits. I've only ever seen it happen once or twice at Massey. It's more like the Church of GORD! so people are more respectful I guess!
Char
LOL
Old 09-03-2000, 10:36 PM   #16
charlene

Leslie - weren't there ushers stopping people from seating themselves while Gord was performing? At Massey Hall no one goes anywhere until there is an applause break. Then if Gord sees people are still getting into their seats he waits. I've only ever seen it happen once or twice at Massey. It's more like the Church of GORD! so people are more respectful I guess!
Char
LOL
Old 09-03-2000, 11:01 PM   #17
Rose

No Char, people were allowed to come and go at their own will. In fact there were waitresses with little flash lights getting people drinks and little menus taped to the back of the chairs. There was a bar that was open the whole time. The venue was there not only for the music but to make a profit on the bar during the show. The people did not show as much appreciation for the progrom as they did in Buffalo. Perhaps because The Majestic Theater is very close to Gord's home front.
Old 09-03-2000, 11:01 PM   #18
sundownbuff

No Char, people were allowed to come and go at their own will. In fact there were waitresses with little flash lights getting people drinks and little menus taped to the back of the chairs. There was a bar that was open the whole time. The venue was there not only for the music but to make a profit on the bar during the show. The people did not show as much appreciation for the progrom as they did in Buffalo. Perhaps because The Majestic Theater is very close to Gord's home front.
Old 09-03-2000, 11:15 PM   #19
Rose

A couple more notes on the concert in San Diego. Gord didn't wear his flowered print shirt during the first half of the show. He had a long sleeve dark shirt on. Did anyone get a song list from the concert? There was one song that I did not recognize. It continues to amaze that this group of men work together so well. It is a lot of fun watching them sing along to the tunes just as we do. Each concert that I have ever gone to has closed with OLD DAN'S RECORDS. After giving it some though I think he closes with this particular song because it gives each musician a chance to shine with their particular instrument. Mike or Michael as Gordon calls him, did a particularly great job with that song.
I can't believe that I made it back stage, what a dream. My daughter can't stop telling her friends. Of course I can't either. Betty
Old 09-03-2000, 11:15 PM   #20
sundownbuff

A couple more notes on the concert in San Diego. Gord didn't wear his flowered print shirt during the first half of the show. He had a long sleeve dark shirt on. Did anyone get a song list from the concert? There was one song that I did not recognize. It continues to amaze that this group of men work together so well. It is a lot of fun watching them sing along to the tunes just as we do. Each concert that I have ever gone to has closed with OLD DAN'S RECORDS. After giving it some though I think he closes with this particular song because it gives each musician a chance to shine with their particular instrument. Mike or Michael as Gordon calls him, did a particularly great job with that song.
I can't believe that I made it back stage, what a dream. My daughter can't stop telling her friends. Of course I can't either. Betty