banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 12-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default youtube playlist test

I have found that there are several complete movies (or television ptrograms) on YouTube that are far larger than the normal 15 minutes maximum allowed to be uploaded (earlier that limit was only 10 minutes) so if not in a single file (as for example the brilliant 1971/1972 BBC GL concert which has been uploaded somehow as two roughy 30 minute halves) is presented as a number of files that are each under the 15 minute maxiumim. I have also found thst in some cases the uploader had also created a "playlist" which if opened will play the complete movie as a single entity moving almosr seamlessly from part to part.
Furthermore the psge containg the platlist also has the usual "embed" code facility thus the complete movie or file could be embedded on ones own webpage. This test thread is to find out if pasting in the basic YouTube URL for the playlist here will cause the URL to be parsed and the YouTube video displayed as usual.
As a test example I have selected a film version of a Nevil Shute novel called "Pied Piper". this 1942 produced film is watchable on YouTube either as 8 roughly 10 ninute split segments or as the complete film via this playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL875A21DDBA27BEB4
OK It does NOT Parse. Plesse see my reply to my own posting

Last edited by johnfowles; 12-27-2012 at 02:42 PM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default Re: youtube playlist test

I had pasted in the URL of the overall playlist page and as feared and anticipatd the video did not appear in either the preview or the actual posted message (my deliberations were interupterd by the stoopid Adobe Flash Pllayer installer who decided that a previous ful install thas I had already carried oiut was not good enoiugh or some such rot and wanted to saste my time and strain my patience one more time by insisting on reinstalling itself.Having noiw got that absurdity over with now I will try again usoing th URL I copied whiile the film was actually playing

BINGO!!
to provbr my point play all of the first 10:48 part after the second part should open automatically

Last edited by johnfowles; 01-18-2014 at 03:42 PM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote