banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 05-22-2003, 05:40 PM   #1
Borderstone

Simple question,what is something that you do in your regular life that,to you,seems perfectly fine but to others it seems strange or unusual? Now,depending on how comfortable you are with yourself only reveal what your comfortable with. I'm not asking you to tell us the "most" private of things just a certain thing. Something that I take part in that some find "odd" is that I am a Naturist. That's right,I support being comfortable with one's own body and am not the least uncomfortable when visiting a naturist resort. Either with myself or others present. It's a very great feeling of freedom and all there are treated equally,with no hang-ups to even think about. No hank-panky allowed! Otherwise,I certainly would not take part. (Then I really would be embarrased! ) Okay,that's mine,what's yours? I double dare ya~all! It's been the B! Catch ya on the flipside of Sundown! (Hey! No peeking! _)

------------------
Borderstone

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited May 22, 2003).]
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 12:24 AM   #2
wsm2506

I am gay. ) And very happy with it. I have someone I love with all my heart.
wsm2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 11:52 PM   #3
violet Blue Horse

Six year relationship with The Spook. It's like dating a member of the mafia. They may look normal, they may sound normal, but they do strange things for a living and travel in odd circles late at night

Next boyfriend's gonna be a Dentist. And my apologies to Forest Lawn, my mother's been rolling in her grave for six years now.

quote:Originally posted by Borderstone:
Simple question,what is something that you do in your regular life that,to you,seems perfectly fine but to others it seems strange or unusual? Now,depending on how comfortable you are with yourself only reveal what your comfortable with. I'm not asking you to tell us the "most" private of things just a certain thing. Something that I take part in that some find "odd" is that I am a Naturist. That's right,I support being comfortable with one's own body and am not the least uncomfortable when visiting a naturist resort. Either with myself or others present. It's a very great feeling of freedom and all there are treated equally,with no hang-ups to even think about. No hank-panky allowed! Otherwise,I certainly would not take part. (Then I really would be embarrased! ) Okay,that's mine,what's yours? I double dare ya~all! It's been the B! Catch ya on the flipside of Sundown! (Hey! No peeking! _)

------------------
Born once - Got it right the first time. )O(
Old 05-24-2003, 08:03 AM   #4
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

In 1980, approx. , I voted for a Democrat Congressman who was about to get or was already booted out because of the AbScam scandal (you US history buffs might remember that) but it was too late to remove his name from the ballot. I had gone to grammar school with his son and it seemed like a nice gesture to vote for the scoundrel. It was and will probably remain the only Democrat Party member I have ever voted for.
I am comfortable with it and as you can see I can admit it in public. Thanks for letting me share and please keep coming back. It works if you work it.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 04:25 AM   #5
Phil McCup

Violet, I am not a dentist, but I have teeth, does that qualify?
Old 05-25-2003, 10:18 AM   #6
wsm2506

BillW:

THAT is FUNNY!!! I am a "dyed in the wool" Republican,But I too made a similar mistake: I actually voted for McGovern!!!! First and last time I vere voted for a Democrat!!! lol lol lol

Steve
wsm2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 10:32 PM   #7
violet Blue Horse

In a word . . . yes.

Well, wait a minute . . . are you on call at any point? Is your job your life? Do you own a pager? Have you ever been shot at or chased by nefarious types. How do you feel about large dogs? Have you ever foregone a night of incredible sex to run a skip trace?

quote:Originally posted by Phil McCup:
Violet, I am not a dentist, but I have teeth, does that qualify?

------------------
Born once - Got it right the first time. )O(
Old 05-27-2003, 05:05 AM   #8
Phil McCup

Answers: in order,
1. No
2. No (perish the thought)
3. No (sent that to a watery grave)
4. Pt. 1 No. Pt. 2 Sadly yes. (but they bit off more than they could chew, I was fit back then)
5. Fido is my middle name.
6. Are you serious? I have never foregone a night of incredible sex for any reason.....!
Old 05-27-2003, 07:21 PM   #9
Borderstone

HI FOLKS! I'm back after 5 days away for Mem. Day Wknd. Boy,did I need those days off to rest! 1st I want to say I'm sorry for being so nit-picky over on the main threads in the last couple of weeks,I was quite tired and had been really working too much. Good $ but not at a good price to my well being. Anyhow,great responses so far! One other thing I'll freely admit to is,that I can watch PBS kids' shows and not feel strange about it. Yes,that includes Barney & The T.Tubbies. I don't know why but it feels no different than watching the kid shows I watched growing up. Just one more thing that I feel makes me markedly and wonderfully different! It's been the B! Keep the replies coming and Peace It Up!

------------------
Borderstone
Old 05-28-2003, 10:55 PM   #10
violet Blue Horse

I particularly appreciate number 3. Hate those damn things. And your priorities certianly seem to be in order, i.e. number 6. Hmmmmmmmmm . . .

quote:Originally posted by Phil McCup:
Answers: in order,
1. No
2. No (perish the thought)
3. No (sent that to a watery grave)
4. Pt. 1 No. Pt. 2 Sadly yes. (but they bit off more than they could chew, I was fit back then)
5. Fido is my middle name.
6. Are you serious? I have never foregone a night of incredible sex for any reason.....!

Old 08-06-2003, 09:01 PM   #11
Tattoo Man

My friendz dissed me big time for likin' N*Sync. I'm rap all the way but a lil' harmney is good for the soul. late!
Old 08-22-2003, 12:32 PM   #12
DMD3

People at my school think I'm a little weird for wanting a Dodge Ram Diesel and not all those Chevis that most everyone else is into. But I like what I like and I really could care less what other people think
And here's what I say to anyone who disses me about it, I say SCREW YOU $HITHEAD!!!!!

Old 08-23-2003, 03:30 PM   #13
Borderstone

Don't be embarrased DMD3...I want a '75 Pinto! (Just kiddin'!) Now sing! "Do you wanna riiiiide? In the back seat of a Pinto?"

------------------
Borderstone (An,"Avid Listner" of G.L.)
Old 08-24-2003, 09:12 PM   #14
DMD3

Now I've got reason to be embarrased. Idon't even know what I pinto is!
Old 08-25-2003, 09:09 PM   #15
Borderstone

DMD3! Watch,"I Love The 70s" on VH1 and tune into either the '74 show or '75. It's a car. A very bad car. Hear them talk about it and you'll know what I mean.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:04 PM   #16
violet Blue Horse

They were the bomb . . . literally. Had a nasty tendancy to explode if they got hit from behind. The placement and construction of the gas tank was not the best.
http://www.webspawner.com/users/pintoman74/

quote:Originally posted by DMD3:
Now I've got reason to be embarrased. Idon't even know what I pinto is!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #17
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default Re: What's so unusual about that????!!!

trying to find an old thread I found his one
I am now trying hard to think of something unusual in my life fo add to the list.
How about you?
not heard much from violet blue horse for a while How is the Spook???
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #18
Borderstone

Wow! I wondered who pulled up this golden oldie of a thread!

Hard to fathom it's been 7 years ago this month!

I mentioned being a naturist and by coincidence...I spent a three day weekend at my local "resort" on the first weekend of spring in March.

Soooooo relaxing. I almost forgot there was a world out there.

Thanks for bringing it back up John
Old 05-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #19
timetraveler

I guess one might count the way I do dishes & put up laundry. I like to sort my dishes first & put the silverware in the bottom of the dish pan with the glasses & cups. Then I like to wash the flat things like plates & saucers & lids. After that I do up the pots, pans, and skillets. As for laundry, I sort each persons stuff out & then do the toels & dishcloths & washcloths first. Then everyone else can put away their own clothes. My mum thinks that it's a time wasting way of doing what I do, but it's what's easier for me.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #20
timetraveler

Something else I do that tends to frustrate people whenever I go out with others is that if I'm going to do any shopping while I'm out, I try to do all of my shopping first & then I worry about where I'm going to eat lunch & then I head for home. i also drive folks at home up the wall with the way that I run the kitchen.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #21
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin'
spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderstone View Post

------------------
Borderstone

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited May 22, 2003).]
Yes, one thing I seem to have a liking for that other people don't is listening to the remakes of songsvs. the originals recordings. When it comes to songs that have been recorded again, most people tend to prefer either listening to the original version, or the remade version, but not both.

There are a lot of Gord songs that were re-recorded and I'm glad, yet I enjoy listening to both versions (The Pony Man, Wherefore And Why, and The Circle Is Small are examples).
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #22
Borderstone

05-22-2003, 09:40 PM
,the original date of posting. Now ten years and almost 5 months later too!

I tell you Deal,you never know what "chestnut"
someone will pull back up to the top,do you? LOL!

One thing's for sure,I'm still a naturist but not going to the resorts as ioften these days. (Unfortunatley.)