banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-16-2003, 06:33 PM   #1
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

Hi everybody,
I'll be playing five shows in New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Ontario in October and would love to meet up with other Lightfoot fans who are considering attending any of them. E-mail me at cathy@cathycowette.com and let me know.
Here's my schedule:
10/10/03 - Pequot Library Auditorium, Southport, CT

10/11/03 - Stone Soup Coffeehouse, Amherst, MA

10/17/03 - Medina Stone Farm, Medina, NY

10/18/03 - Roselawn Centre, Port Colborne, ON

10/19/03 - Caffe Lena, Saratoga Springs, NY

--
Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 09:54 PM   #2
brink

You know the Western area could use some good singers too!
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 09:07 AM   #3
Oma

Yeah, or the Mid-West for that matter!!!
Oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 07:33 PM   #4
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

Just a reminder to any of you who might make it to one of Cathy's shows. Her first one is this Friday, Oct 10, in Southport, CT. (The others are all listed in her first message in this thread). And Brink and Oma, maybe Cathy will get out to the West or Mid-West during the next year. I'm sure she'd like to do that. If you know of venues in your area where she might play, let me know.

------------------
Valerie Magee

Visit my GL web site at gordonlightfoot.com and Cathy Cowette's site at cathycowette.com
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 09:51 PM   #5
gwen snyder

Cathy, How about playing at the "blue note" in downtown Akron?
gwen snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:02 PM   #6
gwen snyder

Cathy, The reason I seem so dedicated to close to this region is simple...A close friend of mine and I were planning to head up the crew that was headed North at the first mention of a Lightfoot concert, well, as luck would have it Brinkman had a stroke at work about a month and a half ago. He is not doing good now and it would really cheer him if this occurred some place close enough that he could get there and not have a lot of complications, ya know what I mean? He is having pretty serious eye trouble still (can't focus but with one at a time), anyway that was a dream that we both talked about every time we saw one another, and it has depressed me to realize it is probably not going to happen ever. You might be a ray of sunshine Cathy...for all concerned.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:04 PM   #7
gwen snyder

Oh, by the way Brinkman is only 54, a youngster really and in damn good shape other than this stroke event... guess I've said too much. Anyway...
Old 10-08-2003, 06:04 AM   #8
Auburn Annie

quote:Originally posted by gwen snyder:
He is having pretty serious eye trouble still (can't focus but with one at a time).

Sorry to hear about your friend, Gwen. Stroke isn't just an old folks' problem - it can occur at any age. As far as your friend's vision problems, there is something called vision restitution training which uses a computer software program to stimulate the brain to help expand the remaining visual function. The sooner rehabilitation for stroke symptoms is begun (I don't necessarily mean the vision problem) the better, especially with muscle loss - use it or lose it holds true. My mom had a right-sided infarct which affects her left side about 8 years ago. She has some mobility in hip and leg but never regained use of herleft arm. Her field of vision on the left is limited (sort of like having macular degeneration in one eye). She's 76, and kids to this day that, except for the stroke, she doesn't have any aches and pains - and we told her that was because she channeled them all to my late father. She can walk with assistance if you push her to do so - but she doesn't like to. You really have to be tough with stroke patients because it's easy to let daily exercises slide (it hurts, I'm tired, why bother? etc.) but the hard work pays off in the long run in better quality of life. Hope this helps.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:28 PM   #9
gwen snyder

Thanks Auburn Annie, I will have to push my budster harder, he is a gem though, so worth the grumbling. Thanks!
Gwen