banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
Borderstone

Today is August 6th,2007.
Today is the day my late Grandmother would have been 98 (I still miss her so much.)

It's also the 5th anniversay of my first Lightfoot show and tomorow will be 6 years since I officially became a "Lighthead".

On the 7th in 2001 I paid off on buying "Songbook" at Sam Goody Records.

I recall thinking when I saw it in June,"If they went through all that trouble,there must be something more to his music than his hits". (Something like that.) Paid on it for 2 months!

When I got it home,I was blown away!
Oddly enough it overcast here in Phoenix this week like it was in 2001,except it actually makes rain.

See you all later!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Thanks for sharing B ! Who's next ?

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:02 PM   #3
Nitro Joe

well its been about 10 months since my first Lightfoot concert. I saw him at TCU Place's Sid Buckwold Theatre in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. An average sized theatre but it was almost packed to the rafters (literally) and it was such a blast. I even saved the review from the local newspaper and the reviewer also gave him an rave review. One highlight came as he was talking about flying to Saskatoon. He siad "This was the song we were playing in the plane over Saskatoon." They started into "Waiting For You", then he stopped the guys and said "well, maybe close to Saskatoon". This remark got laughs from all over the Theatre. Now I would like him to come back near Saskatchewan again!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitro Joe:
I even saved the review from the local newspaper and the reviewer also gave him an rave review.
Any chance that you have a scanner if so you can scan the review and either display it here or better still if your scanner came with an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) program get the text out of it that way (far easier and quicker than manually transcribing the text from the cutting)(I must find a few yellowing 60's cuttings from the Montreal Star and scan them myself as a demonstration)
John Fowles Bt
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #5
Nitro Joe

yes, I do have it scanned, but my scanner did not come with a OCR, so I will post it as scanned, sorry for the size. Let me know if there's problems in seeing it.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #6
Borderstone

I rememeberd (sp?) one other anniversay. The end of this month or the fist few days of Sept. will be a year since Brink gave me the heads up about the concert from this year.

Wow,already??!!