banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 06-28-2000, 11:18 PM   #26
charlene

Tom - I Had Beautiful at my wedding too - In the mid-70's tho! And an Elvis song too - I Can't Help Falling In Love With You (Wise Men). And Billy Joel's "You're My Home".
I love Old Dan's Records - it gives images of a happy family coming together and having music unite them in all it's joy.
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2000, 09:56 AM   #27
chris

Who would I want to be? I couldn't resist this topic. I'd want to be the person at the center of these two songs: Whisper My Name and If You Need Me, both from Old Dan's Records. Talk about beautiful songs. They come right after one another on the album - a real one two punch. IYNM has that great line: I've not seen anything like you since I was a man. --- Need I say more. Anyone else agree?

chris

------------------
"It took most of my time to do what never was done" -- GL
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2000, 11:42 AM   #28
~The Gypsy~

Greetings Char, Florian et al. Charlene, I sense your frustration that there aren't a hundred posts on this. After days of thought, it finally hit me--wouldn't we all want to be "the Painter"? Wouldn't we want to be able to express our thoughts and feelings as he does, on our own? Aren't there others of us out there that "borrow" a line or two when writing to our lady (or man too, I suppose)? (a Topic waiting to happen?) So often some lyric fits just so perfectly--why try to recreate it? "It's already been done, it's already been done..." GL and us "loonies" here just seem to think so much alike and have been through so many of the same things in life; HE just knows how to turn a thought so eloquently and cleaverly, while most of us don't. And you twentysomethings out there...you ain't seen nothing yet. Start counting now of all the times a GL song or lyric applies as you go through life and get back to us in 25 years!
And to all you lovely Ann{e)s out there--might want to check out David Gates' "First" album (1973). Real nice tune "Ann" on it, solid album too.
And finally, my daughter was named Marianne--wonder why--apologies to the Southern Mary Ann--I like 'em both. "All is well...

------------------
Is there someone sewing seams through all my hopes...

[This message has been edited by shipwrecked00 (edited June 30, 2000).]
~The Gypsy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2000, 11:42 AM   #29
shipwrecked00

Greetings Char, Florian et al. Charlene, I sense your frustration that there aren't a hundred posts on this. After days of thought, it finally hit me--wouldn't we all want to be "the Painter"? Wouldn't we want to be able to express our thoughts and feelings as he does, on our own? Aren't there others of us out there that "borrow" a line or two when writing to our lady (or man too, I suppose)? (a Topic waiting to happen?) So often some lyric fits just so perfectly--why try to recreate it? "It's already been done, it's already been done..." GL and us "loonies" here just seem to think so much alike and have been through so many of the same things in life; HE just knows how to turn a thought so eloquently and cleaverly, while most of us don't. And you twentysomethings out there...you ain't seen nothing yet. Start counting now of all the times a GL song or lyric applies as you go through life and get back to us in 25 years!
And to all you lovely Ann{e)s out there--might want to check out David Gates' "First" album (1973). Real nice tune "Ann" on it, solid album too.
And finally, my daughter was named Marianne--wonder why--apologies to the Southern Mary Ann--I like 'em both. "All is well...

------------------
Is there someone sewing seams through all my hopes...

[This message has been edited by shipwrecked00 (edited June 30, 2000).]
shipwrecked00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2000, 01:27 PM   #30
Tom

Shipwrecked,
Indeed, "All is well". No apologies necessary. Tell her I said hey!
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2000, 01:27 PM   #31
Mary Ann

Shipwrecked,
Indeed, "All is well". No apologies necessary. Tell her I said hey!
Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2000, 06:04 PM   #32
fezo

I want to be the gal on 'Silver Heels'(cos there has to be a girl with him.)
I can feel the wind in my hair and taste the 'whiskey of the Highlands' on my tongue. There's sea salt on my lips while the sun warms my skin and as we 'lean into the wind' and the lee of Christian Island beckons, my cup would runneth over for sure!
fezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2000, 06:04 PM   #33
Silver Heels

I want to be the gal on 'Silver Heels'(cos there has to be a girl with him.)
I can feel the wind in my hair and taste the 'whiskey of the Highlands' on my tongue. There's sea salt on my lips while the sun warms my skin and as we 'lean into the wind' and the lee of Christian Island beckons, my cup would runneth over for sure!
Silver Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2000, 07:00 PM   #34
Margie

I would have to pick the guy in EARLY MORNING RAIN. That song sparked a love for music. So much that I learned the giutar and piano. Even to this day that song is still my favorite.
Margie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2000, 07:00 PM   #35
Ed

I would have to pick the guy in EARLY MORNING RAIN. That song sparked a love for music. So much that I learned the giutar and piano. Even to this day that song is still my favorite.
Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2000, 05:31 PM   #36
CanadaGirl38

Hey, Silver Heels! I like your description there, but if you are in the lee of Christian Island you'll have to import the sea salt - it's in the wonderful fresh water of Lake Huron.....

Still a wonderful song and wonderful images.
CanadaGirl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2000, 05:31 PM   #37
fezo

Hey, Silver Heels! I like your description there, but if you are in the lee of Christian Island you'll have to import the sea salt - it's in the wonderful fresh water of Lake Huron.....

Old 07-03-2000, 03:01 PM   #38
Wingdrops

No problem about that sea salt, Silver Heels,

You've obviously recently been "all the way from Biscayne Bay for a dip in the shining sea", and "all the way back again." That is, if it's possible to sail that far up the St. Lawrence (I doubt it, but you're Welcome to Try).

You'll note that I also pictured myself in the lee of Christian Island, but I did not picture any female companionship on board. I pictured my "Beautiful" back on dry land (perhaps somewhat presumptive on my part). But any Gord fan, male or female, is obviously more than welcome to sail along, even if we have to split the bottle. I've got some Blackberry Wine when the whiskey runs out.

------------------
"And the laughter came too easy for life to pass me by." - SDYS

[This message has been edited by 2Much2Lose (edited July 03, 2000).]
Wingdrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 03:01 PM   #39
2Much2Lose

You've obviously recently been "all the way from Biscayne Bay for a dip in the shining sea", and "all the way back again." That is, if it's possible to sail that far up the St. Lawrence (I doubt it, but you're Welcome to Try).

You'll note that I also pictured myself in the lee of Christian Island, but I did not picture any female companionship on board. I pictured my "Beautiful" back on dry land (perhaps somewhat presumptive on my part). But any Gord fan, male or female, is obviously more than welcome to sail along, even if we have to split the bottle. I've got some Blackberry Wine when the whiskey runs out.

------------------
"And the laughter came too easy for life to pass me by." - SDYS

[This message has been edited by 2Much2Lose (edited July 03, 2000).]
2Much2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 03:13 PM   #40
fezo

quote:Originally posted by fezo:

So smartie pants there aint any salt but I refuse to let you destroy my fantasy - maybe I spilt some salt somehow ...

Old 07-03-2000, 03:13 PM   #41
Silver Heels

quote:Originally posted by fezo:

So smartie pants there aint any salt but I refuse to let you destroy my fantasy - maybe I spilt some salt somehow ...

Old 07-03-2000, 03:15 PM   #42
fezo

quote:Originally posted by 2Much2Lose:

You're a real gentleman. Count me in, Cap'n.

Old 07-03-2000, 03:15 PM   #43
Silver Heels

quote:Originally posted by 2Much2Lose:

You're a real gentleman. Count me in, Cap'n.

Old 07-03-2000, 06:50 PM   #44
~The Gypsy~

OK guys, now I KNOW I was the first to recognize and thank Silver Heels for raising my pulse on her beautiful version of Christian I.(see "Gord In My Life" thread). And then 2Much & Co. bribes her with Blackberry Wine! Makes a guy wanna file a class action for the rest of us! (JK)
And Silver, you were right all along about the salt--don't these guys know you had to paddle the Pond with your Canary Yellow all the way to Georgian Bay? A real certified sailor! And I DO realize your brilliant four-liner was metaphorically laced; more than one cup runneth over that summer night.

------------------
"Is there someone sewing seams through all my hopes..."

[This message has been edited by shipwrecked00 (edited July 03, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by shipwrecked00 (edited July 05, 2000).]
Old 07-03-2000, 06:50 PM   #45
shipwrecked00

OK guys, now I KNOW I was the first to recognize and thank Silver Heels for raising my pulse on her beautiful version of Christian I.(see "Gord In My Life" thread). And then 2Much & Co. bribes her with Blackberry Wine! Makes a guy wanna file a class action for the rest of us! (JK)
And Silver, you were right all along about the salt--don't these guys know you had to paddle the Pond with your Canary Yellow all the way to Georgian Bay? A real certified sailor! And I DO realize your brilliant four-liner was metaphorically laced; more than one cup runneth over that summer night.

------------------

[This message has been edited by shipwrecked00 (edited July 03, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by shipwrecked00 (edited July 05, 2000).]
shipwrecked00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2000, 02:55 PM   #46
fezo

quote:Originally posted by shipwrecked00:

Shipwreck, you seemingly understand me SO well ... 'it's worth believin ...' )

Old 07-05-2000, 02:55 PM   #47
Silver Heels

quote:Originally posted by shipwrecked00:

Shipwreck, you seemingly understand me SO well ... 'it's worth believin ...' )

Old 07-06-2000, 05:56 AM   #48
Jenney

Now for arguments sake I would want to be Sundown.I would love to take care when I came creeping around Gords back stairs.We all know Gord has a signifgant other so I would savour a few seconds, minutes hours with Gord.I would make tea and sit on the mattress on the floor and have him sing to me.With any luck,the sun would never go down on your frienship and we would rise each morning to greet the day with a warm heart and mellow mind
Jenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2000, 05:56 AM   #49
isabella

Now for arguments sake I would want to be Sundown.I would love to take care when I came creeping around Gords back stairs.We all know Gord has a signifgant other so I would savour a few seconds, minutes hours with Gord.I would make tea and sit on the mattress on the floor and have him sing to me.With any luck,the sun would never go down on your frienship and we would rise each morning to greet the day with a warm heart and mellow mind
isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2000, 09:52 AM   #50
~The Gypsy~

Silver Heels,

Hell, NOW I want to be the deck of that "good old boat"! Always loved heels, and SILVER ones.....help, me Lord, I've sinned again.

There WAS a warm wind last night and in my mind I was "walking on the shore, listen(ing) to the sea" ...

God, I love this site! And I'm glad I seemingly understand--it WAS a risk.

------------------

[This message has been edited by shipwrecked00 (edited July 06, 2000).]