banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Old 01-20-2000, 06:56 PM   #3
Wes Steele

It seems like we lost our replies for "Favorite Lightfoot Song & Why". I'm sure it is a plot by Florian (Just Kidding). I wonder if it is a Y2K problem because it says for the year 1905. Now my wife sometimes calls me old, but I'm not that old.
Anyway, I miss my little corner here and I miss all of your excellent replies. I considered it an honor as well as a pleasure from all of the replies for this question.
Can we start this again....please?

Anyway, I have been kind of very busy. I check out this site whenever I can, but not as much as I want.

What is your favorite song and why?

Will be back in action here soon. I enjoy the site, Florian. Keep up the good work..

Wes...

"When you reach the part, where the heart aches come, the hero would be me....
but hero's often fail...."

[This message has been edited by Wes Steele (edited January 20, 2000).]
Old 01-21-2000, 09:55 AM   #4
Florian

Hi Wes,

Thank you for alerting me to this problem.

It seems to be Y2K - related (look at the posting that has survived - date 00:00, 1900.)

I have already contacted my webhost, I hope they have the file on backup before it became corrupted.
Old 01-21-2000, 10:26 AM   #5
Janine

Hi Wes, Hi Florian

I was wondering what was wrong with the site. I check back periodically because I find all the comments interesting. I never have much to say though. It's too bad all the replies are gone. If you don't laugh you would have to cry. I live in Nova Scotia and right now we are having a blizzard like we haven't had for over 10 years. We have been having a drought of sorts and the snow is a blessing for us and our water table.

Good to hear from you all again.

Janine

Old 01-21-2000, 10:26 AM   #6
Janine

Hi Wes, Hi Florian

I was wondering what was wrong with the site. I check back periodically because I find all the comments interesting. I never have much to say though. It's too bad all the replies are gone. If you don't laugh you would have to cry. I live in Nova Scotia and right now we are having a blizzard like we haven't had for over 10 years. We have been having a drought of sorts and the snow is a blessing for us and our water table.

Good to hear from you all again.

Janine

Old 01-22-2000, 09:20 PM   #7
Annette

Wes, you are only old if you can remember what you did in 1905.
This question still isn't any easier the second time round! I remember the last time that I said the Canadian Railway Trilogy because I love the history of it, the transitions he makes musically in the song and how I can feel that train chugging as it makes its way across the country and I can almost smell the smoke and feel the cinders coming from the engine. (By the way I found a better definition of a naavy which when I find it again I'll put in the "other topics" of the discussion board so I won't bore anyone who isn't interested.) Although I could say almost all GL's songs are my favourites, I think the songs I like to listen to the most are the ones that tell stories (CRTC, The Patriot - I love the way he unfolds the story musically and lyrically; and others I can't think of right now) and ones with natural settings (Knotty Little Pine, Hi'way Song, Christian Island...). Well this is as long as 50 messages so I'll say bye for now and see what you guys come up with.

Old 01-22-2000, 09:20 PM   #8
Annette

Wes, you are only old if you can remember what you did in 1905.
This question still isn't any easier the second time round! I remember the last time that I said the Canadian Railway Trilogy because I love the history of it, the transitions he makes musically in the song and how I can feel that train chugging as it makes its way across the country and I can almost smell the smoke and feel the cinders coming from the engine. (By the way I found a better definition of a naavy which when I find it again I'll put in the "other topics" of the discussion board so I won't bore anyone who isn't interested.) Although I could say almost all GL's songs are my favourites, I think the songs I like to listen to the most are the ones that tell stories (CRTC, The Patriot - I love the way he unfolds the story musically and lyrically; and others I can't think of right now) and ones with natural settings (Knotty Little Pine, Hi'way Song, Christian Island...). Well this is as long as 50 messages so I'll say bye for now and see what you guys come up with.

Old 01-26-2000, 05:01 PM   #9
Florian

Unfortunately it turned out that the replies under this topic have indeed vanished.

My former webhost does not have this file on backup, so I regret to admit there is no way to restore them.

This very incident (amongs a few minor others) made me leave my former webhost, because I cannot accept the loss of any data.

As Wes has pointed out, this has been the most active topic so far and it is therefore particularly painful to loose all your replies.

I want to apologize to all of you who's messages have been erased.

In the meantime, the complete website has been moved to a different host and I hope that we will not have this kind of miserable situation again.

I will close this topic now and I kindly ask you to post your favorite song here.
Closed Thread