banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-05-2003, 11:26 AM   #26
Auburn Annie

quote:Originally posted by gwen snyder:
subcantaneous??? Geez, I feel like I am reading my daughters writing... man, now I have to go ask her wht the **** does that mean. Cause I know I am too lame to know these medical terms stuff. Thanks Annie, does anyone have a dictionary for medical terms out there? But, really it sounds cool to donate stuff like that (whatever it is). I am just kidding. Where is the list to donate?
Hope Christines' aunt and Annies' husband both make speedy recoveries.

Drat! Sorry about that folks - after 20+ years as a medical librarian, I still occasionally forget to adjust when speaking to non-medical people. Subcutaneous just means under the skin. You can liposuction your own fat from one place (say, love handles or stomach) and have it injected where you're lacking but I can't say I've ever heard of a person-to-person transplant. Don't know that it'd take, for one thing, and besides rejection there's the possibility of infection.

My husband is now 24 hours postop and is one hurtin' pup, even with pain meds, but only when he moves. Which concerns me a little since he needs to move some to avoid blood clots but he's inclined to avoid pain (who isn't?) so he isn't getting out of the recliner unless he has to answer nature's call. Walking, even stairs, aren't too bad - just sitting down and getting up. The swelling's down and he has no fever. He ate well yesterday but hasn't been interested today. I may have to play Nurse Ratched to get him to do what needs doing. Hopefully another 24 hours will see an improvement.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 11:26 AM   #27
Auburn Annie

quote:Originally posted by gwen snyder:
subcantaneous??? Geez, I feel like I am reading my daughters writing... man, now I have to go ask her wht the **** does that mean. Cause I know I am too lame to know these medical terms stuff. Thanks Annie, does anyone have a dictionary for medical terms out there? But, really it sounds cool to donate stuff like that (whatever it is). I am just kidding. Where is the list to donate?
Hope Christines' aunt and Annies' husband both make speedy recoveries.

Drat! Sorry about that folks - after 20+ years as a medical librarian, I still occasionally forget to adjust when speaking to non-medical people. Subcutaneous just means under the skin. You can liposuction your own fat from one place (say, love handles or stomach) and have it injected where you're lacking but I can't say I've ever heard of a person-to-person transplant. Don't know that it'd take, for one thing, and besides rejection there's the possibility of infection.

My husband is now 24 hours postop and is one hurtin' pup, even with pain meds, but only when he moves. Which concerns me a little since he needs to move some to avoid blood clots but he's inclined to avoid pain (who isn't?) so he isn't getting out of the recliner unless he has to answer nature's call. Walking, even stairs, aren't too bad - just sitting down and getting up. The swelling's down and he has no fever. He ate well yesterday but hasn't been interested today. I may have to play Nurse Ratched to get him to do what needs doing. Hopefully another 24 hours will see an improvement.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:16 PM   #28
Tyler

I watched a fat transplant on TLC last night. They took fat from the stomach and injected into the lines around the womans nose and the other took fat from right above the butt and put into her but for what they called the Brazilian Butt Lift. Didn't look bad but the way they jam that wand around sucking out the fat was painful to watch. Glad your husband is doing good, Annie. Did the docs give him the air leg massagers to keep the clots from forming? They work well but I hated them, very loud and annoying when they fill.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 12:16 PM   #29
brink

I watched a fat transplant on TLC last night. They took fat from the stomach and injected into the lines around the womans nose and the other took fat from right above the butt and put into her but for what they called the Brazilian Butt Lift. Didn't look bad but the way they jam that wand around sucking out the fat was painful to watch. Glad your husband is doing good, Annie. Did the docs give him the air leg massagers to keep the clots from forming? They work well but I hated them, very loud and annoying when they fill.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 12:42 PM   #30
Auburn Annie

quote:Originally posted by brink:
... Glad your husband is doing good, Annie. Did the docs give him the air leg massagers to keep the clots from forming? They work well but I hated them, very loud and annoying when they fill.

*I'm* the leg massager LOL. Mostly I just help haul himself out of the recliner and see to it that he walks around a bit every few hours. He really could use my mother's chair lift.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:42 PM   #31
Auburn Annie

quote:Originally posted by brink:
... Glad your husband is doing good, Annie. Did the docs give him the air leg massagers to keep the clots from forming? They work well but I hated them, very loud and annoying when they fill.

*I'm* the leg massager LOL. Mostly I just help haul himself out of the recliner and see to it that he walks around a bit every few hours. He really could use my mother's chair lift.

Old 12-06-2003, 06:07 PM   #32
macjames

Thank you Annie. I will pass it on to my aunt.

Wishing your husband will have a speedy recovery.

macjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 06:07 PM   #33
christinefrommichigan

Send a message via AIM to christinefrommichigan

Thank you Annie. I will pass it on to my aunt.

Wishing your husband will have a speedy recovery.

christinefrommichigan is offline   Reply With Quote