banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-04-2004, 06:59 PM   #1
Borderstone

In terms of not just music but also of any nostalgiic or modern items in general,what items (if any) have you searched for because you really wanted them? Or because someone else said they wanted it? Now we know we'd all pretty much search for just about any GL item so we'll exclude those.

I'll be back with my own reply because I'm at the library due to my PC acting nutty again! Hope to have it back to normal soon! Later! Outta time!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 07:49 PM   #2
violet Blue Horse

A yellow glass controlled bubble swan. Long story. Finally found one after searching ebay and antique stores. My oldest sister is holding my mothers swan hostage along with a lot of my parents other things, so I was determined to find my own. Finally found it in an antique store about a year ago. It makes me happy to have it, what can I say.

quote:Originally posted by Borderstone:
In terms of not just music but also of any nostalgiic or modern items in general,what items (if any) have you searched for because you really wanted them? Or because someone else said they wanted it? Now we know we'd all pretty much search for just about any GL item so we'll exclude those.

I'll be back with my own reply because I'm at the library due to my PC acting nutty again! Hope to have it back to normal soon! Later! Outta time!

Old 09-04-2004, 10:01 PM   #3
LSH

Hey Violet? What is a yellow glass controlled bubble swan?
LSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 06:42 PM   #4
Borderstone

LSH,I think Violet is referring to the variuos sized glass swans of the late 70s.
They were glass blown knick-knacks that people put on tables or shelves and they had liquid inside of them of different colors. Depending on which one you bought,there was Blue Water,Red Water,Gold Water & others.

In answering my own question,and again putting my Gord LP search aside,I still am currently looking for 1 of 3 Cassette Singles that were stolen from me in 1996. I wont go into detail about the snatching of them but some took 3 out of my personal collection. All 3 were rap.

Anyway,after nearly a year of looking,I gav up for awhile but 3 years later I found the first one at the nearest used record store (now closed). The next one I didn't find until last year at the R. store known as ZIA's. These aren't the same exact one's I bought but they are in as good a shape as when I did.

I still have one more to find but until then I have to keep the Cass. Album of the act til I do find it. I bought all 3 acts albums for that reason,to have the songs someway until the singles were back.

Speaking in general about my record searches for anything,from late 1987 to Jan. 1991,I was on a quest to find and purchase every #1 song in "The Billboard Book Of #1 Hits" (1st version '85). I finished the 50s first,then the 80's (the one's after '85 I had written down),then the 70s and finally the 1960's. The last one of the 60s was,"Over and Over" by The Dave Clark Five. Very hard to find!

Just goes to show,I stop at nothing when there's a record,tape or cd I want. (Without going broke in the process of course!) Been me,later!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Old 09-06-2004, 08:16 PM   #5
violet Blue Horse

Well, sort of. They're actually solid blown glass, pretty heavy, with bubbles blown into the glass in a pattern, hence the name controlled bubble. The one I was searching for was in what they call vasaline glass which is a bright yellow, and it glows under a black light, but I'd of taken any color I could find. For some reason they're hard to find.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Borderstone:
[B]LSH,I think Violet is referring to the variuos sized glass swans of the late 70s.
They were glass blown knick-knacks that people put on tables or shelves and they had liquid inside of them of different colors. Depending on which one you bought,there was Blue Water,Red Water,Gold Water & others.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:56 PM   #6
stationmaster

Here you can have mine!
http://www.obnance.com/ourdustyattic/animals.htm

[This message has been edited by stationmaster (edited September 06, 2004).]
stationmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 07:48 PM   #7
Borderstone

That's what I "thought" I meant.

Anyhow,another thing I have been searching for (but no luck) is a number of the cooler toys & games I used to have (past age 7.)

Although I do recall seeing a "Simon" electronic game twice,by the time i got around to going back where i found them,someone else had beaten me to it!

Gotta keep hunting I guess! Later!

------------------
Old 09-07-2004, 11:48 PM   #8
violet Blue Horse

Close, but no cigar stationmaster. Mine is a swan figure, about six inches tall, and only a couple inches wide, and it has a controlled bubble pattern through out it. The one you pictured are a dime a dozen. What can I say, the bubble pattern fascinated me when I was a child.

I spent about a $100 several years ago, buying some of my childhood. They're called Elgo Plastic Bricks. Yes, if you rearrange the letters in Elgo you get Lego, what they eventually became.

We had tins of them as children and we built houses and what not out of them. When I discovered I could buy them on ebay I sort of went crazy there for awhile.

[This message has been edited by violet Blue Horse (edited September 08, 2004).]
Old 09-08-2004, 12:11 AM   #9
violet Blue Horse

Every try ebay? Take a look at this URL http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...918763020&rd=1

quote:Originally posted by Borderstone:
That's what I "thought" I meant.

Anyhow,another thing I have been searching for (but no luck) is a number of the cooler toys & games I used to have (past age 7.)

Although I do recall seeing a "Simon" electronic game twice,by the time i got around to going back where i found them,someone else had beaten me to it!

Gotta keep hunting I guess! Later!

Old 09-08-2004, 10:46 PM   #10
stationmaster

Is it this one?
Old 09-09-2004, 06:43 AM   #11
superiorsings

Violet, with the Elgo bricks:

That reminds me of the orange drink called Orangina in the 1980s. I once had a bottle of it when it first came out and it was called Orelia. Reminded me of Orillia.
Anyone else remember that?
superiorsings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:35 PM   #12
violet Blue Horse

Nope, not it. It's taller than it is wide if that's any clue with wings held close to it's body.

quote:Originally posted by stationmaster:
Is it this one?

Old 09-10-2004, 11:44 PM   #13
stationmaster

Well this is the best I can do!
Old 09-11-2004, 12:57 PM   #14
violet Blue Horse

Cute, very cute.

quote:Originally posted by stationmaster:
Well this is the best I can do!

Old 09-15-2004, 01:27 PM   #15
Borderstone

Will you guys quit "horsing" around??

"Swan" at a time,please!

------------------
Old 09-17-2004, 10:27 PM   #16
Zonno

What are ya'll folks talkin' about?

Zonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 05:56 PM   #17
Borderstone

Zonno,read the top message and you will know what we're discussing. Feel free to reply to the question at hand,after all...that's why I started this thread.

------------------