banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-22-2001, 09:15 AM   #1
parrothead

Hello everyone. This is my first post and i'm very glad I found this site. I'm a 29 year old huge Gordon Lightfoot fan from Texas. I think that Lightfoot is nothing short of a musical genius. My favorite Lightfoot song would have to be "Summer Side of Life" with "Sundown" being a close runner up. I have never had the opprounity to see Lightfoot live, but I am lucky enough to have a guitar autographed by him. Once again great site!
Old 07-22-2001, 09:15 AM   #2
parrothead

Hello everyone. This is my first post and i'm very glad I found this site. I'm a 29 year old huge Gordon Lightfoot fan from Texas. I think that Lightfoot is nothing short of a musical genius. My favorite Lightfoot song would have to be "Summer Side of Life" with "Sundown" being a close runner up. I have never had the opprounity to see Lightfoot live, but I am lucky enough to have a guitar autographed by him. Once again great site!
Old 07-22-2001, 01:05 PM   #3
SilverHeels

Hi Parrothead!
(Parrothead? Send pic now!LOL)

welcome and stay awhile! Tell us about
the signed guitar.

SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 09:31 PM   #4
tbone8

Hey Parrothead, I assume you are a Jimmy Buffet fan as well ??. 2 great artists !!!!!!!!!. I'm new to this room as well. Been great so far. Wellcome
tbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 09:31 PM   #5
joe markley

Hey Parrothead, I assume you are a Jimmy Buffet fan as well ??. 2 great artists !!!!!!!!!. I'm new to this room as well. Been great so far. Wellcome
joe markley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 09:18 PM   #6
Simone

Welcome!!!! You are among friends. It's a great place to visit after a long day. How much for the guitar?
Simone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 09:18 PM   #7
Chris in Virginia

Welcome!!!! You are among friends. It's a great place to visit after a long day. How much for the guitar?
Chris in Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 01:06 PM   #8
parrothead

Yep, i'm a big Jimmy Buffet fan. I'm even Sgt of Arms of our local Parrothead club. I have 2 guitars, one signed by Jimmy Buffet and the other, most recent purchase, the guitar signed my Lightfoot. I purchased the Lightfoot guitar at auction and only had to pay $250.00 for it. Worth every penny to me. I even have a photo and a video of him signing the guitar. The guitar is a Fender electric guitar, that is the only draw back. I would of prefered an acoustic since I really haven't ever heard too much electric guitars in Lightfoot's music. Anyone know of any songs where he plays electric guitar? Nice hearing from you guys and i'll be checking the forum daily....

best...
Joel

Old 07-24-2001, 01:06 PM   #9
parrothead

Yep, i'm a big Jimmy Buffet fan. I'm even Sgt of Arms of our local Parrothead club. I have 2 guitars, one signed by Jimmy Buffet and the other, most recent purchase, the guitar signed my Lightfoot. I purchased the Lightfoot guitar at auction and only had to pay $250.00 for it. Worth every penny to me. I even have a photo and a video of him signing the guitar. The guitar is a Fender electric guitar, that is the only draw back. I would of prefered an acoustic since I really haven't ever heard too much electric guitars in Lightfoot's music. Anyone know of any songs where he plays electric guitar? Nice hearing from you guys and i'll be checking the forum daily....

best...
Joel

Old 07-24-2001, 08:06 PM   #10
joveski

He plays electric guitar on Salute and East of midnight. As far as i know, he played it on stage around 1983 or something?
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 03:25 AM   #11
gina

Hey buffet fan to gfo taste in music pal
I was lucky to see Buffet but not Gordon but I did have tickets to his show in Prescott and Phoenix I did see him on a flash back Tv music show in a hotel once doing Sundown it from the begining Aug and Sept How did you get the guitar later
bye
Old 07-26-2001, 03:25 AM   #12
gina

Hey buffet fan to gfo taste in music pal
I was lucky to see Buffet but not Gordon but I did have tickets to his show in Prescott and Phoenix I did see him on a flash back Tv music show in a hotel once doing Sundown it from the begining Aug and Sept How did you get the guitar later
bye