banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 12-30-2002, 07:43 AM   #1
Paul J B

Just received notification that Gordons May 2003 show here in Ohio has been cancelled, so it looks like he probably won't tour in 2003...Get well soon Gordon!!

------------------
Ever Onward...
Paul J B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 07:43 AM   #2
Chuck Darling

Just received notification that Gordons May 2003 show here in Ohio has been cancelled, so it looks like he probably won't tour in 2003...Get well soon Gordon!!

------------------
Ever Onward...
Chuck Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 11:06 AM   #3
SomewhereupinMichigan

This doesn't surprise me in the least. I think it will take Gord the better part of the coming year just to get back to full strength. Then, I believe you can expect him to concentrate on wrapping the next CD that he was hoping to have out early in 2003. Push that release back to early 2004 and look for a limited tour schedule for the summer of 2004, would be my best guess on what to expect!
SomewhereupinMichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 11:07 AM   #4
TheWatchman

I wouldn't assume that things are not going well because that show was cancelled. According to the doctor, GL has a very long recovery time due to the seriousness of what happened to him. The concert that was cancelled is only 4 months away and that can't be enough time to recover from an illness that kills most people. I figure at least 1 year of some serious R&R before touring can even begin to be discussed. He can be fit as a fiddle and still opt to retire. If that is what he chooses, I would welcome it because he has given the majority of his life to music and we have a lot of it to choose from. Only he will know when the time is right to step down.

[This message has been edited by TheWatchman (edited December 30, 2002).]
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 11:16 AM   #5
Auburn Annie

I agree, 4 months is too soon. Perfectionist that he is, Gord wouldn't want to put on less than a terrific show, and he won't do it until he's sure he's ready. My guess (and it's only a guess) is he will continue to do concerts, maybe starting with Massey in late fall, but on a smaller scale (fewer concerts, larger venues?) He has said he loves meeting fans and performing live so I don't think he'll drop out entirely but cut back. And we won't see him until he feels he's up to snuff. "It's a long way back home" <g>
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 11:16 AM   #6
Auburn Annie

I agree, 4 months is too soon. Perfectionist that he is, Gord wouldn't want to put on less than a terrific show, and he won't do it until he's sure he's ready. My guess (and it's only a guess) is he will continue to do concerts, maybe starting with Massey in late fall, but on a smaller scale (fewer concerts, larger venues?) He has said he loves meeting fans and performing live so I don't think he'll drop out entirely but cut back. And we won't see him until he feels he's up to snuff. "It's a long way back home" <g>
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 05:26 PM   #7
LizB

As much as I would like to see Gord in concert again, first of all I pray that he will be well. We all long to see and hear him, but he has a young family that holds him even more dear. I'm sure that we'll be
seeing him again....it's just a matter of when, and how often, and in what venue.

Am just SO happy, that he was well enough to go home for Christmas. Hope that it was a WONDERFUL one for Gord and his family and friends.

------------------
lam
LizB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 05:26 PM   #8
LAM3346E

As much as I would like to see Gord in concert again, first of all I pray that he will be well. We all long to see and hear him, but he has a young family that holds him even more dear. I'm sure that we'll be
seeing him again....it's just a matter of when, and how often, and in what venue.

Am just SO happy, that he was well enough to go home for Christmas. Hope that it was a WONDERFUL one for Gord and his family and friends.

------------------
lam
LAM3346E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 06:54 PM   #9
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Don't forget...even if he retires from touring, it doesn't mean he won't ever record again. Not touring would give him more time to write. I'm hoping that with all the sentiment expressed by so many people around the world since his illness, Warner's took notice of it and will see him for the living treasure he is an will re-sign him.
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 06:54 PM   #10
Rob1956

Don't forget...even if he retires from touring, it doesn't mean he won't ever record again. Not touring would give him more time to write. I'm hoping that with all the sentiment expressed by so many people around the world since his illness, Warner's took notice of it and will see him for the living treasure he is an will re-sign him.
Rob1956 is offline   Reply With Quote