banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2014, 11:19 PM   #1
dhartman

Default Massey

Talked about it for years. Looks like will get to go to Massey this year. Starting to make plans.It will be me and my wife. We will be coming from southethen USA , have never been this far North. Looking for suggestions , where to stay , places to go , you know the drill. Thinking about flying into Detroit , rent a car and drive up from there. We dont want to fly over everything , want to see some of the land . What would be a nice drive ? Would like to drive North a little ways . Planning on two nights at Massey and five or six nights total stay. We are really excited, any suggestions are appreciated. The average weather that time of year doesn't look to bad , surely some southerners would be all right . It gets cold in Oklahoma but planning on traveling light. Thanks in advance . Dale
dhartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #2
charlene

Default Re: Massey

Hi Dale - as it gets closer I'll post more info but as far as hotels there is the Eaton Chelsea where most of the convention folks stay. There is a Marriott at the Eaton Centre and a Marriott COurtyard north up Yonge St. near Carlton St. The Chelsea and Eaton Centre Marriot are closest to Massey Hall. All within walking distance, even on a cold November evening.. I think rooms right now at the Eaton Chelsea are about 128.00 Canadian so with the exchange you'll be just over 100.00 a night..(Plus taxes).. I arrange a group dinner on the Saturday before the concert and there's a pubjam held on Friday afternoon at an Irish pub about 15 minutes from Massey - the talented players and singers in our group get the stage for a couple of hours and we always have a great time. There's lots of shopping, an over abundance of eating establishments from the usual fast food sorts of places to fine dining, museums, art galleries, a new aquarium, CN Tower, Casa Loma, Harbourfront, broadway shows/musicals...lots to see and do!
I don't know how far north you want to go but Orillia is only 90 minutes north of Toronto, easy to get to, and a lovely little town on Lake Couchiching. Stay tuned for more info....
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote