banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 01-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
KHester

Default Most Crowd fun in a Live Recording ?

Have you every wished you there for a live concert recording.
Besides Gord, Who?

For Me It may be at least one if not almost all of the Johnny Rivers at the Whiskey A GO Go

Listening to a live recording .. The emphasis is usually on the performer, and we get some audience feedback usually applause at the end of a song a few whistles etc. As far as a
some great live recordings of a crowd really having fun.. I've gotten back into listening to some of the Johnny Rivers at the Whiskey A GO Go live stuff. The microphone and mix between Johnny Rivers and the crowd is great. Half the fun of listening to it is picking up what the crowd was saying and listening to them joining right in and singing along spontaneously. Boy everybody was sure having fun.

Kevin
Old 01-14-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
Jesse Joe

Default Re: Most Crowd fun in a Live Recording ?

John Mellencamp & Cat Stevens ( Yusuf Islam)
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:16 AM   #3
joveski

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMoppens View Post
Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary Concert at Madison Square Garden in 1992. Almost everyone was there.... Favorite song at that concert: My Back Pages. Some of the performers were:

Bob Dylan (of course)

Eric Clapton

George Harrison

Roger McQuinn

Neil Young

Char's Boyfriend Kris K.

Willie Nelson

Tom Petty

G.E. Smith

Johnny Cash

Roseanne Cash

John Cougar Mellencamp

or............................

The Moody Blues Hall Of Fame At The Royal Albert Hall (circa 2000)

It's a tie.
great show!. i love the DVD. my personal favourite there is Absolutely sweet marie, from Harrison
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
KHester

I haven't seen some of those.. Of course the crowd also had some great reactions in Aloha from Hawaii (They always went nuts for Elvis). I guess I was inquiring more from an only audio (Albums, CD's etc...) or just hearing having the audio from a DVD point of view where you could only hear the crowd reactions and not see the crowd.

Kevin
Old 01-17-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
jj

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveski View Post
great show!. i love the DVD. my personal favourite there is Absolutely sweet marie, from Harrison
absolutely agree...and years later, i enjoyed this particular Petty cover at Concert for George

Concert For George - I Need You - Tom Petty Video by Kern Little Gives You - Photos, Poems & Promises - MySpace Video

the George diminished and timing is so signature, aint this a sweet clip...Dhani such a chip off the ol block...and imo, Lynne always had Beatles blood

YouTube- Jeff Lynne & Dhani Harrison discuss George Harrison

as for the poll, I wish I had been in the crowd at the Berlin event...I was stunned when I took in the video, a gem....Waters (even without the rest of Pink Floyd) is a hero of mine

YouTube- the wall live in berlin part 1

YouTube- Roger Waters - The tide is turning (Live, Berlin 1990)

i've focused on hundreds ever since hifi VHS came around, but i believe the most captivating live concert video i ever saw was featuring the mesmerizing David Byrne

YouTube- Talking Heads

Kevin, for audio only, i really would liked to have been in the crowd (they do seem to be having fun, taking in all Gord and Terry's aweful schtick ) for the Two Tones, Live at the Village Corner

Last edited by jj; 01-17-2010 at 11:51 AM.
jj is offline   Reply With Quote