banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-23-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
<Karina .B.>

I have been reading most of the post on this exellent site for a year or so now , but have been shy to have any input, because some of you could hold a degree in your in depth knowledgee of Mr Lightfoot. What I would sincerely like to know is what songs really make the adrenalin rocket through the body and soul and cast you in a direct line back to your youth . Mine would be HIGHWAY SONGS , CAREFREE HIGHY and FADING AWAY . Would appreciate your opinions.( I am 52 by the way.)
Old 04-23-2006, 03:28 PM   #2
Borderstone

Hello Karina! Borderstone here! welcome aboard first of all.

Also,your name reminds me of that 60s song,"Corrina,Corrina",a true classic,which I'm sure you are. :D

Okay,adreneline.

Well,not really that they send me back to my youth (I'm 37 G.O. 38)but songs that do get me going are,"End Of All Time","Carefree Highway","Magnificent Outpouring" & the similar "I'll Be Alright".

Also,"Seven Island Suite","Wreck Of The E.F.","Endless Wire","Baby Step Back" ..etc.

In terms of the ballads,"Beautiful","If You Could Read My Mind","Nous Vivons Ensamble","Your Love's Return","My Love For You" & so forth.

I have toooooo many!! LOL! Have fun Karina and we'll just keep singin' yer name!
Old 04-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by &lt;Karina .B.&gt;:
I have been reading most of the post on this exellent site for a year or so now , but have been shy to have any input, because some of you could hold a degree in your in depth knowledgee of Mr Lightfoot. What I would sincerely like to know is what songs really make the adrenalin rocket through the body and soul and cast you in a direct line back to your youth . Mine would be HIGHWAY SONGS , CAREFREE HIGHY and FADING AWAY . Would appreciate your opinions.( I am 52 by the way.)
Welcome Karina.
There was absolutely no reason for you to withhold your input.
Yes a number here do have a very detailed knowledge of many things Gord -related , usually
because to them just about every Lightfoot recording bar "May I", and a few others,
"makes the adrenalin rocket through their body and soul"
And you will find that many are only too keen to share their knowledge with others,usually no matter how daft or obscure the question!!
Since you ask for me personally every time I play the underrated and half-forgotten/ignored 1966 hit "Spin Spin"
it "casts me in a direct line back to" those halcyon days of my (well-spent) your "youth".
John Fowles
P.S. Karina
I guess that your name could be a version of "Carina"
I recently displayed in topic:-
http://www.corfid.com/ubb/ultimatebb...=000852#000000

this picture of the UK market Toyota Carina similar to one I enjoyed for a few years till I wrote it off by rolling it

1988 UK Toyota Carina

and a few points Karina, you do not have to register to post here but if you do:-
1. you can then edit and even delete any of your postings
2 .you can choose to be notified by the generally efficient corfid postmaster whenever anybody replies to any topic that you
have checked a little box to turn such notification on
3. you will be able to (optionally) reveal wherabouts you reside and what your interests are and
4. you can then send and receive Private Messages any replies to which get forwarded onto your registered email address
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
joveski

the auctioneer
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #5
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

It has to be If You Could Read My Mind. It's one of the first Lightfoot songs that got my attention back in the early 70s. I remember I racked my brain trying to figure out how to play it on the guitar. Then, about 24 years later, it just came to me one day when I was playing along to Gord's Gold. I've loved the song ever since, and when I dig the guitar out, it's usually one of the first ones I play.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:52 PM   #6
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by Cathy:
I remember I racked my brain trying to figure out how to play it on the guitar.
Cathy It is great to see that you can remember some things OK. (Even if you have "lost" the Caffe Lena Tribute Band video).
BUT you have to be very careful racking your brain too much can lead to an aneurism I believe!!
John Fowles
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:18 PM   #7
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

I don't have a bit of trouble remembering things from further back than four years, and even my short term memory is coming back. I think it must be back to about 75%, which is better than normal for most 50 year olds!
Old 04-24-2006, 12:54 AM   #8
Sheryl

Send a message via AIM to Sheryl

Excellent topic. I think "Restless" comes up for me, then Sundown, which takes me back to high school days.
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #9
Borderstone

Awww.what a cute blue,yellow tailed puppy! :D
Old 04-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #10
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Quote:
Originally posted by &lt;Karina .B.&gt;:
What I would sincerely like to know is what songs really make the adrenalin rocket through the body and soul and cast you in a direct line back to your youth . Mine would be HIGHWAY SONGS , CAREFREE HIGHY and FADING AWAY . Would appreciate your opinions.( I am 52 by the way.)
The whole DON QUIXOTE album, which I usually think of as one long song, does it for me. Just hearing the opening notes I feel 19 or 20 again (which would make me 52 BTW).

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:53 AM   #11
Jesse Joe

Hello to you Karina B, my song is , "Seven Island Suite." And then any song on the album "Back Here On Earth&gt;"
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:15 PM   #12
charlene

Quote:
Originally posted by BILLW:
I feel 19 or 20 again (which would make me 52 BTW).

Bill
but 53 is just around the corner Bill!
lol

it takes a bit more every year to get tarted up just right ya know!
lol
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:36 PM   #13
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin'
spammer

Gotta Get Away
I'll Do Anything
Spin Spin
Apology (you'd have to've been in that situation)
14 Carrot Gold
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' is offline   Reply With Quote