banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-10-2004, 09:27 PM   #1
Minstrel Man

Well, that was a great story. About 10 minutes in length. It had an interview where the interviewer asked good questions and it had some vintage footage of Gord singing along with scenes from Inspiration Lady. Gord once again inspired us with his determination to perform again. He has been rehearsing with the band and he has done some singing, although you get the impression that his singing voice is not where it should be. He says he is quite confident that it will come back. He looks well, although he is not as slim in the tummy as he used to be(the reason is obvious). He is humble. He said he has rejected a number of offers from companies who want to use his songs in commercials. He seems to want to keep the integrity of his music. I'm creating this post so that those who saw the interview can reflect on it. So let's hear your response!
Minstrel Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:44 PM   #2
Char1

I have since watched the video I made 3 times.....tears filled my eyes during the original viewing. to see him sitting in a front row seat at Massey Hall talking about his music and of doing it for the fans all these years was a bit much to take in all at once for me. His determination is based solely on the belief that he WILL get back up on stage and do it again for us.
How much do you love that?
He talked of doing this when he's 70 and of trying to show the young folks what it's all about....the music and the fans.
THAT'S why he is THE MAN.
ya gotta love it...and him....I know I do.
Char
Char1 is offline   Reply With Quote