banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 03-13-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
Wesley

Did you ever think that there were those that should of had a different title than what they were originally named? For example. Maybe Deam Street Rose could have been called Ghosts of Old Cape Horn. Sundown could of been called Carefree Highway, IYCCRRM, Minsrel Of the Dawn, Did She Mention My Name/BDIJ and it probably would of been more appropriette to have called The Way I Feel CRT or maybe even Expo 67.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:24 PM   #2
Affair on Touhy Ave.

Did you ever think that there were those that should of had a different title than what they were originally named? For example. Maybe Deam Street Rose could have been called Ghosts of Old Cape Horn. Sundown could of been called Carefree Highway, IYCCRRM, Minsrel Of the Dawn, Did She Mention My Name/BDIJ and it probably would of been more appropriette to have called The Way I Feel CRT or maybe even Expo 67.
Affair on Touhy Ave. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin'
spammer

Salute might could have been called Broken Dreams.

Harmony should've been called End Of All Time or Clouds Of Lonliness.
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:59 AM   #4
Rosanna

Summertime Dream - I'd Do It Again ?

Harmony - River of Light ?
Rosanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:59 AM   #5
Doug Letcher

Summertime Dream - I'd Do It Again ?

Harmony - River of Light ?
Doug Letcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:33 AM   #6
<Jack>

Quote:
Originally posted by Affair on Touhy Ave.:
As many of us know and a few of us lucky to own one, IYCRMM was originally called Sit Down Young Stranger until IYCRMM was the break out hit from the album and they changed the album title.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:33 AM   #7
<Jack>

Quote:
As many of us know and a few of us lucky to own one, IYCRMM was originally called Sit Down Young Stranger until IYCRMM was the break out hit from the album and they changed the album title.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:00 PM   #8
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
and it probably would of been more appropriette to have called The Way I Feel CRT or maybe even Expo 67.
ah yes the wondrous "katimavik" Canada's Expo 67 Pavilion (katimavik is an Inuktitut word meaning "meeting place" so it was an appropriate name for a structure under which you could meet if lost on the huge Expo site. However I see that nowadays "katimavik" has been appropriated as the name for "Canada's leading national youth service program" i.e.Char's Charity!)

John Fowles
I still have the old 45 single of the extremely catchy theme song "A Place to Stand" from the Ontario Pavillion

[ March 14, 2006, 13:17: Message edited by: johnfowles ]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:00 PM   #9
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
and it probably would of been more appropriette to have called The Way I Feel CRT or maybe even Expo 67.
ah yes the wondrous "katimavik" Canada's Expo 67 Pavilion (katimavik is an Inuktitut word meaning "meeting place" so it was an appropriate name for a structure under which you could meet if lost on the huge Expo site. However I see that nowadays "katimavik" has been appropriated as the name for "Canada's leading national youth service program" i.e.Char's Charity!)

John Fowles
I still have the old 45 single of the extremely catchy theme song "A Place to Stand" from the Ontario Pavillion

[ March 14, 2006, 13:17: Message edited by: johnfowles ]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:50 PM   #10
Wesley

Quote:
Originally posted by &lt;Jack&gt;:
quote:Originally posted by Affair on Touhy Ave.:
As many of us know and a few of us lucky to own one, IYCRMM was originally called Sit Down Young Stranger until IYCRMM was the break out hit from the album and they changed the album title. [/QUOTE]Yeah. and even if IYCRRM did become it's 1st hit like it did, MOTD should of remained the title.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:50 PM   #11
Affair on Touhy Ave.

Quote:
Originally posted by &lt;Jack&gt;:
quote:Originally posted by Affair on Touhy Ave.:
As many of us know and a few of us lucky to own one, IYCRMM was originally called Sit Down Young Stranger until IYCRMM was the break out hit from the album and they changed the album title. [/QUOTE]Yeah. and even if IYCRRM did become it's 1st hit like it did, MOTD should of remained the title.
Affair on Touhy Ave. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:50 PM   #12
Borderstone

I've thought Endless Wire should've been "The Circle Is Small".

"Painter" should have been "Drifters"

"Waiting For You" - "Restless"

"Sundown" (maybe) "Circle Of Steel" (Calling it Carefree Highway would have been too limiting a title,especially sicne most folks back then didn't even know where it was!)

C.O.T.S - "The Soul Is The Rock"

Saulte - Buscuit City. Not! :D LOL!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:10 AM   #13
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

The thing is, when they give these albums a name, they really have no idea which songs are going to make it big. I remember reading somewhere that Gord expected IYCRMM to be an album filler, not the big hit that it was.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:16 PM   #14
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin'
spammer

No one really knows why songs just take off like that. I remember in the early 90's when this song called "Achy Brakey Heart" (or something like that) was a very big hit, even though it seemed like just another ordinary song.
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:46 AM   #15
Cathy

Quote:
Originally posted by James Suber:
No one really knows why songs just take off like that. I remember in the early 90's when this song called "Achy Brakey Heart" (or something like that) was a very big hit, even though it seemed like just another ordinary song.
I remember that song. My kids used to run around singing it when they were little. And it was playing every time I turned on the car radio. That's right about the time I started investing in a custom stereo system for the car. I don't think I would have been able to stand Achey Breaky Heart one more time on the long drive to work.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:10 PM   #16
Ginny

My one big request would be for that song to be played at my funeral. Then at least I could be assured that I would never have to listen to it again. RJ.
Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:48 PM   #17
charlene

ah you guys never saw lisa doing her Achy Breaky line dance with her Sparks/Brownie troop!! tooo cute!!!
lol
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:48 PM   #18
charlene

ah you guys never saw lisa doing her Achy Breaky line dance with her Sparks/Brownie troop!! tooo cute!!!
lol
Old 03-18-2006, 08:04 AM   #19
Cathy

There's a line dancing group up here... grown women, and they STILL do a routine to Achy Breaky Heart. It's ridiculous! One of them attends lessons with the Wednesday Evening Fiddlers. She got into the habit of bringing a bunch of line dancers with her, so they could do a routine. They just didn't fit in. Now, if they had done a Celtic step dance or something....
Old 03-18-2006, 08:17 AM   #20
charlene

yeah - it';s only cute when it's 5 year olds....
lol
Old 03-18-2006, 08:17 AM   #21
charlene

yeah - it';s only cute when it's 5 year olds....
lol