banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 02-07-2001, 10:06 PM   #1
dscam31

I SAW WHERE SOMEONE BACK IN DECEMBER ON THIS DISC. BOARD THAT THERE WERE 4 ALBUMS NOT YET ON CD BUT I FORGOT ALL ABOUT CASSETTE TAPES ARE ALL HIS ALBUMS AVAILABLE ON TAPES
dscam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 10:06 PM   #2
RBENGALS

I SAW WHERE SOMEONE BACK IN DECEMBER ON THIS DISC. BOARD THAT THERE WERE 4 ALBUMS NOT YET ON CD BUT I FORGOT ALL ABOUT CASSETTE TAPES ARE ALL HIS ALBUMS AVAILABLE ON TAPES
RBENGALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 01:52 AM   #3
Brenda

I am not quite sure what you are asking, but if I am correct I believe that only Gord's more recent body of work is available on cassette. "A Painter Passing Through", "Waiting For You" (though I've not seen it in stores for about two years), "East of Midnight" (I am not sure) and Gord's Gold vols. 1 and 2.

------------------
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 01:52 AM   #4
Westernstar9

I am not quite sure what you are asking, but if I am correct I believe that only Gord's more recent body of work is available on cassette. "A Painter Passing Through", "Waiting For You" (though I've not seen it in stores for about two years), "East of Midnight" (I am not sure) and Gord's Gold vols. 1 and 2.

------------------
Westernstar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 07:15 PM   #5
Borderstone

I would guess that since there were no cassettes or 8-tracks when Gord 1st released albums that it's not very likely his 60's material is or ever was on CS. His mid to late 70's must have been as well as his 80's releases. I've only so far found E. of Mid./GGII and Summertime Dream on CS. (I got the 1st 2 of those 3. I do know that Waiting and Painter were on CS but those are so recent and sold so little that finding them may prove difficult. Anything after Painter on cassette would be news to me. After I'm done getting the CD's of GL,it might be a fun challenge to find the casettes. It's been me,later!

------------------
Borderstone (An,"Avid Listner" of G.L.)
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 08:23 PM   #6
2Much2Lose

I believe there is a cassette for every album, starting with Lightfoot. I have almost all of them, most of them I bought when the lps came out, so I would have a backup to the vinyl. Some I bought only in the last few years to round out my collection. If you watch Ebay, they all show up at some point.
Jenney
2Much2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 08:23 PM   #7
Jenney

I believe there is a cassette for every album, starting with Lightfoot. I have almost all of them, most of them I bought when the lps came out, so I would have a backup to the vinyl. Some I bought only in the last few years to round out my collection. If you watch Ebay, they all show up at some point.
Jenney
Jenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 07:43 PM   #8
Borderstone

I didn't want to start a new thread to mention this but I was up at a local thrift store donating a pair of jeans that are now to wide for me (44 waist) and i got to looking around in their music section. They had LP's Cassettes and ...8-Tracks?! Yep,a whole big row. In this long pile,I happened upon Gordon Lightfoot's,"Cold On The Shoulder". I was a bit short on cash that day and had already snapped up some cassettes and i had to make a choice. A little over $1.50 for a few cassettes or $1 for an 8-track I wont be able to play? I chose the tapes. It might be there next time I go back. There was no picture on the cover,just the title and the songs. Was that on purpose? Or just missing the box? Well,it's been me,later!:cool;

------------------
Borderstone - AZ's answer to GL! (but what was the question?)
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote