banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-03-2005, 01:01 AM   #26
Rona

OK, John, it's up to you. In very simple steps, OK? There are people who need these pictures!
Thanks,
Rona
Rona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:06 AM   #27
brink

Hey Sheryl, I have an idea. Since some of us don't want send pictures and we all buy Gord's CDs what if we all sing and make him a CD from us? Not that all of us can sing (me) but I figure with a little overdubbing nobody would know.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:25 AM   #28
Sheryl Klein

O.K., for those of you who don't want to send pictures, just e-mail me a couple of paragraphs about what Gord and his music have meant to you and I'll be happy to put it down in a scrapbook to give to him. Here's my e-mail AGAIN for those of you who would like to contribute - and PLEASE do!! Let's try to thank him for all the pleasure he's given us. Sheryl97@sbcglobal.net
Old 01-03-2005, 07:53 AM   #29
charlene

Some of us who have been posting here for a few years sent birthday wishes annd thoughts to Gord a few years ago. I delivered them to the office in Toonto after Florian printed them out. Maybe the newer posters who weren't involved with that endeavour could help you out.
the postings for the birthday wishes in 2000 are at: http://www.corfid.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000422.html
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:26 AM   #30
Minstrel Man

I might be interested in your scrapbook, but this is the first time I've really looked at the BB since the holidays began. Trying to put together this scrapbook over the holidays creates some difficulty because I'm sure that some of our regular posters are distracted by the holidays. Once people settle down to work and routine again, you will probably get more responses. I'll see what I can do within the week. Thanks.
Minstrel Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:50 PM   #31
Sheryl Klein

Yes, I remember you talking about that birthday card, Char. Well, whoever wants to add to this can or can't, as they wish. And, yes, I can see how the holidays have kept people busy; there hasn't been too much posting here lately. Sheesh, what -- people have a life or something??!
Old 01-03-2005, 03:42 PM   #32
seahawk11

How's about one of those tacky wood carved bears: http://store1.yimg.com/I/sonomagifts_1822_109215137
seahawk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:51 PM   #33
violet Blue Horse

OH NOOOOOO, not the carved bears!

I have this thing about carved bears. Whenever someone up here buys a new house they now feel obliged to buy a carved bear for their front deck or yard. And let me tell you, some of those bears are uglier than others. The little buggers seem to be procreating like rabbits.

quote:Originally posted by seahawk11:
How's about one of those tacky wood carved bears: http://store1.yimg.com/I/sonomagifts_1822_109215137

Old 01-03-2005, 05:22 PM   #34
ELizabeth

I would be interested also. Just tell what you want me to do. I will also be willing to help put the scrapbook together but do not have time to captain the effort.
ELizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 05:38 PM   #35
seahawk11

hehehe...I could just see Gord cringing at the sight of one of those bears perched on the side of the stage for him!
seahawk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #36
Sheryl Klein

Seahawk, that is TOOO funny! When I was on my honeymoon in Northern California, I saw lots of those bears! And, yes, most of them are might ugly! (They're supposedly made with chain saws!!) I'm shuddering, too, at the thought of one sitting at stage left Waiting for Gord!!!

Elizabeth, I'm just asking for a picture, if you wish, and/or a few paragraphs of what you'd like to tell Gord. I'll put it into a scrapbook and give it to him at his April 24 concert in Agoura Hills, California. My e-mail address is listed a few posts above.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #37
Sheryl Klein

Seahawk, that is TOOO funny! When I was on my honeymoon in Northern California, I saw lots of those bears! And, yes, most of them are might ugly! (They're supposedly made with chain saws!!) I'm shuddering, too, at the thought of one sitting at stage left Waiting for Gord!!!

Elizabeth, I'm just asking for a picture, if you wish, and/or a few paragraphs of what you'd like to tell Gord. I'll put it into a scrapbook and give it to him at his April 24 concert in Agoura Hills, California. My e-mail address is listed a few posts above.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:59 PM   #38
GJA

I'm trying to send a picture. See if it works. http://eshare.hpphoto.com/en/home/we...=ExternalLink#
GJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:05 PM   #39
LSH

that's a nice picture Gloria, you look like a sweetheart.
LSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:37 PM   #40
Sheryl Klein

Got it, Gloria, thanks! Now, I need some words from you for Gord. Send 'em to my e-mail address above.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:05 AM   #41
socialvandal

Oh.... I love that one picture of Gord in that white suit.

I like your picture, Gloria! You look so Canadian even though you live in the States.
(Canadians always look so warm & friendly & easy going! I guess that's because they are, eh? LoL..)

I don't know how to post a picture but next time you guys are at eBay you csn look up my Katamar user ID. There's a picture of me there. It's obviously not a recent one & I suspect that my darling daughter once took a pencil to my teeth now that I look at it! OMG! LoL.. That BRAT!

I love the scrapbook idea but anyone who doesn't want to add a photo can draw a stick figure, etc. I'd probably use one of Shania Twain just to make him laugh. He'd go, "Yeah. Right... You wish!"

I once had a moment alone with Gordon when I asked him about where he was & what he was doing when he heard that Kennedy had been assassinated. He said he was filling his gas tank in Toronto & asked why I asked. I said because every single Lightfoot fan has a story about the moment they first heard him
seared into their memory. He was astounded. He could hardly believe it. He stopped tuning his quitar & tilted his head & looked me straight in the eyes. Sort of searching my eyes & silently asking, "Really? Is that a fact?" I just smiled & nodded "Yes." and he smiled. He was so pleased but also very humbled about it.(then I told him my own story)

I think it would be so nice if everyone were to take a scrapbook page with their name and maybe a picture to put a face to a name.. plus your website ID would be nice. And then tell your own story about when you first heard him & why it meant so much to you. I'd recommend keeping it to 1 page.. he gets kinda antsy. (LoL..) Just another idea to toss around. I can't get over all the neat scrapbook supplies at the crafts stores. I know you guys could make a gorgeous scrapbook. It would mean a lot to him.

I wonder if the little 5 year old girl from a Cleveland concert is at this website now - all grown up? It was around 1986-87 when I took her backstage to meet Gordon. SHE WAS A WRECK! She loved Gordon so much & he thought she was so cute. I'll bet he remembers her because she was so choked up. She was shaking & everything. She was beyond adorable!

I'll go back to lurkng occasionally now. Have fun with the project everyone!

~Kate
socialvandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:38 AM   #42
JohnBellardJr

quote:Originally posted by Sheryl Klein:
No problem -- and did you notice, that it was ME who first had the wicked thoughts?? So, if we're not going with a Hawaiian shirt, perhaps some polka-dotted boxers?

Oh,oh!!! Now you got my mind where everyone else's is.

------------------
Aime_41
JohnBellardJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:38 AM   #43
Aime_41

No problem -- and did you notice, that it was ME who first had the wicked thoughts?? So, if we're not going with a Hawaiian shirt, perhaps some polka-dotted boxers?

Oh,oh!!! Now you got my mind where everyone else's is.

------------------
Aime_41
Aime_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:48 AM   #44
JohnBellardJr

quote:Originally posted by Rona:
I'm interested, just not terribly computer literate. What do I need to do??
(By the way, ladies: I found an old box in the attic today when I was putting away Christmas decorations. In it were three Gordon Lightfoot "songbooks" I bought when I was in high school in the 70s: all the words and piano music for IYCRMM, ODR, and "the Gordon Lightfoot Anthology Volume I." Well, I'm still not much of a piano player, but OH, the pictures in those books!! Let's see, I have a scanner now. I can scan them, save them and somehow e-mail them, right? They are (he is) gorgeous!!!

Uh huh!!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Have several Anthology Albums and some sheet music, one of which has the "most gorgeous"
photo!!! Have to go in search of that. Now, alas have to get to work, before our really "winter weather" hits. Our temps are going right off the charts.

------------------
Aime_41
JohnBellardJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:48 AM   #45
Aime_41

quote:Originally posted by Rona:
I'm interested, just not terribly computer literate. What do I need to do??
(By the way, ladies: I found an old box in the attic today when I was putting away Christmas decorations. In it were three Gordon Lightfoot "songbooks" I bought when I was in high school in the 70s: all the words and piano music for IYCRMM, ODR, and "the Gordon Lightfoot Anthology Volume I." Well, I'm still not much of a piano player, but OH, the pictures in those books!! Let's see, I have a scanner now. I can scan them, save them and somehow e-mail them, right? They are (he is) gorgeous!!!

Uh huh!!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Have several Anthology Albums and some sheet music, one of which has the "most gorgeous"
photo!!! Have to go in search of that. Now, alas have to get to work, before our really "winter weather" hits. Our temps are going right off the charts.

------------------
Aime_41
Aime_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #46
Kervin Hammond

Seriously, though, what do you all think of the scrapbook idea?

sheryl, i think that is wonderful ideal! I think he would love it. I don't think i willbe able to go to the concert, and i want to so bad.
Kervin Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #47
stephanniel

Seriously, though, what do you all think of the scrapbook idea?

sheryl, i think that is wonderful ideal! I think he would love it. I don't think i willbe able to go to the concert, and i want to so bad.
stephanniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:52 PM   #48
Sheryl Klein

Ohhhh, Steph, you can't?? Well, see what you can do.... In any event, I'll give him a kiss for you!
Old 01-11-2005, 01:52 PM   #49
Sheryl Klein

Ohhhh, Steph, you can't?? Well, see what you can do.... In any event, I'll give him a kiss for you!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:39 PM   #50
stephanniel

if i had a full-time job, i could right now i am staying with friends, iam trying to get back on my feet so i can get a place of my own. and with working only temp jobs i have put money away in case i have a emergency with my daughter or myself.

stephanniel is offline   Reply With Quote