banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #26
brink-

thanks Annie, I was just wondering why Jessie Joe was so insistant on using my first and last name on here, especially since my profile shows what state I live in.

"Well Brink, I hear it on TV, Newspaper, Radio, all the time. Never give out your true ID, on cyber space. Especially for children. Giving out exactly who you are, as proven to be not wise, even fatal, just watch CNN..."

So incase I am Sorry instead of Safe - Thanks Jessie Joe for putting my full name and contact area out here on the internet.

BRINK
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:31 AM   #27
brink-

You posted it twice so far. I blew off the first time. Leave me alone and we will get along fine, for some reason you feel the need to not only post my name but to copy my posts and put them elsewhere on the internet. Not cool.
Pretend you don't see my posts and we will be fine. In the meantime - I would appreciate you either deleting your posts with my name in them or at least editing them to remove my name.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:15 PM   #28
Auburn Annie

Added note re YouTube: under the "inspiration Lady" video among the comments was this exchange (note reply from poopslop):

mark as spam dukecole1 (3 months ago)
I whole-heartedly agree. The best music video out there! What a love song! What a wonderful way of expressing love for your wife and daughters! Gordon has more love in his little finger than most men have in their whole body!
(reply to this)
mark as spam PoopSlop (1 month ago)
do you have any profe of this? more love in his little finger. I know gordon lightfoot and he is nothing more then a brilliant poet, not a love hero.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:45 PM   #29
brink-

Quote:
Originally posted by Jesse -Joe:
Yes I can do that, you say I posted your name twice? It's to find those post now I will try...

Leave me alone,LOL your the only one thats this way. Your not a child your life is not in danger. Anyway that's not your real name, so dont worry.
Nope I'm not a child.
But what makes you think there is not a possiblity of any danger? These 11 women weren't children either.

"The facts are these: John E. Robinson of Kansas, an alleged Internet stalker who went by the screen name "Slavemaster," was charged in June 2000 with the murders of five women he met in chat rooms. He's a suspect in the killings of six more, adding up to a total of 11 possible victims." Google that Jesse Joe.

Laugh it up Jesse Joe, I am not the only one that is this way. Look at the member list, very few have their full names listed. I do not think that I am making an unusual request, just do not use my name or copy my posts to other websites. Privacy Jesse Joe - you don't even use your real name.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:14 PM   #30
RM

Quote:
Originally posted by Auburn Annie:
Added note re YouTube: under the "inspiration Lady" video among the comments was this exchange (note reply from poopslop):

mark as spam dukecole1 (3 months ago)
I whole-heartedly agree. The best music video out there! What a love song! What a wonderful way of expressing love for your wife and daughters! Gordon has more love in his little finger than most men have in their whole body!
(reply to this)
mark as spam PoopSlop (1 month ago)
do you have any profe of this? more love in his little finger. I know gordon lightfoot and he is nothing more then a brilliant poet, not a love hero.
That's interesting Auburn Annie. I have no idea of PoopSlop's age, but the above exchange urges me to ask the females in this forum : How did you feel about your father at PoopSlop's age ?

Tread carefully here.......I have already sent Mike Dixon cowering into a corner in another thread. You have been warned.

RMD
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:51 PM   #31
charlene

I saw that comment a while back not knowing who had posted it...knowing what we know now they are
very interesting comments in response to the previous poster.

Meredith (poopslop) was 12 in May...(maybe 13)
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:37 AM   #32
RM

Charlene,

Thanks for the poopslop age update.

MRD,

Whew ! Glad to hear that you're back, and that the exile was self-imposed, and not due to one of my inane oversights.

RMD
Old 08-17-2006, 07:25 AM   #33
talbot10

My take on the Privacy issue for what it is worth:

There should be no argument or even hesitation to honor someone's wishes to not have their actual name stated, in any way without the persons permission. This includes adults as well as children. If a friend or family memeber or co-worker that you had to face every day and cared about told you they were uncomforatable with their name being used or given out, their would be no hesitiaton to honor their wishes with most of us if not all of us.
What reason would a person possibly have to not honor the same wishes in here. Brink asked for that consideration. There should have been zero resistance or questoning her right for privacy. The fact that she is not a child does not negate her rights to privacy. It is a very invasive thing to find your name used without permission. It was obvious she was upset and rightfully so. Jesse, you don't use your real name and that is your right as it is Brink's or anyone else. That said, you should be one of the first people to honor her right to privcacy. I saw that you apologized for it and that is an admirable thing. It is true that this is a forum open to the public but it is still a place that we all want to be comforatable in. People are human and sometimes disagree and sometimes argue and get mad. That happens, but we still all should respect eachothers privacy and wishes regarding it.
Bill
Old 08-17-2006, 07:52 AM   #34
RM

Bill,

Very well stated.

RMD
Old 08-17-2006, 10:11 AM   #35
talbot10

Quote:
Bill I was kind of hoping this mess would be over with. But just to let you know that I agree with you 100%. But you dont know the whole story to this.

Jesse,
I know the differences of opinion between the folks on this site about posting pictures of guitars, spam, Gord or whatever. I do enjoy the pics by everyone including yours. I don't aplogize for my viewpints on this nor do I expect someone with a different opinion to have to apologize. My point here was not to comment on past disagreemtns and/or viewpoints as you are doing in this thread. I don't care about that crap. I disagree with people often on many things things and am still friends with them (at least I hope so). My point was regarding a person's right to privacy. There is no need to drag a bunch of other stuff into it that is not related to the issue and it does no good to put such things into this thread because it is going to just be inflamatory. Brink has a right to her opinion about the pictures just as you have your.
Bill

http://home.earthlink.net/~budchap1/PCcartoon3.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-17-2006, 11:13 AM   #36
talbot10

Quote:
Exactly right Bill, I hope your still my friend....Jesse.
Of course Jesse! Enjoy the day
Bill
Old 08-17-2006, 03:27 PM   #37
LSH

Nicely done, Bill.
LSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:21 PM   #38
marc in maine

I'll drop it for you, Jesse-Joe! Is the weather cooler now over your way? Do you think Gord should grow his beard again?
marc in maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #39
brink-

I am not a fragile person, who do you think you are? The evil adventure that happened to you is not my fault and don't try to make it my fault. You stepped over the line by disclosing information that if I wanted posted, I would have done it myself. I seriously think you have a problem with admitting you did a stupid thing. It has nothing to do with being fragile it has everything to do with privacy. You know why it keeps getting brought up? It is because YOU Jesse Joe Omer Omar whoever stepped over the line and did not follow internet protocol and if you have any personal information (including names) that you want to disclose make sure it is yours only.
Now you can drop it!!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:34 PM   #40
TheWatchman

Let's all just chill out and take a deep breath and be thankful for all that we have. Flowers, bumble bees, trees, bicycles, hot cocoa on cold winter nights and skipping rocks on the lake shore.

I'm turning over a new leaf. Not sure how long I can hold out though.
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:36 PM   #41
LSH

I will start counting Watchman. When you break, I'll tell you how long you held out...rofl...
one, two, three...
Old 08-17-2006, 09:39 PM   #42
TheWatchman

I'm staying strong. I'm just admiring this picture of a butterfly on my wall and all it's delicate, graceful beauty.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #43
brink-

four, five, six......doing good Watchman.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #44
LSH

seven, eight, nine...
I really like October, and that's coming our way soon..all those lovely autumn coloured leaves...
ten, eleven twelve...
breathe deep watchman...isn't the butterfly pretty?
Old 08-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #45
brink-

thirteen, fourteen, fifteen.....so good Watchman (Gee L how high can we count?)
hot cocoa mmmm, we have a little snow on the mountain top here.....
Old 08-17-2006, 10:06 PM   #46
LSH

well, fingers and toes, that makes twenty...it's all guesswork after that...
sixteen, seventeen, eighteen...
I hear julie andrews in my head...but I don't think she mentions butterflies in my favourite things...that's just ignorance on her part...
nineteen,twenty...
Old 08-17-2006, 10:42 PM   #47
RM

Temporary employee here,

Twenty-one, Twenty-two, Twenty-three, "bows and flows of Angel Hair"
Old 08-17-2006, 10:44 PM   #48
TheWatchman

And ice cream castles in the air and I don't care. I'm slipping.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:52 PM   #49
brink-

Thanks RMD, hang on by your fingernails Watchman. Look at the clouds of cotton candy, jack frost nipping at your nose.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:04 PM   #50
brink-

oops, I forgot to count at 29 now.