banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2000, 03:19 PM   #1
Dorothea

Dear all,
Imagine this,YOU ARE GORD FOR A DAY!
(Ladies,you are going to have to use a bit of extra imagination for this).
What would you do in this day?
Marvel at the musical talent you've suddenly inherited?
Write a song?
Personally I think sleeping would be a waste of time....

Frank.
Dorothea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2000, 03:19 PM   #2
Frank v

Dear all,
Imagine this,YOU ARE GORD FOR A DAY!
(Ladies,you are going to have to use a bit of extra imagination for this).
What would you do in this day?
Marvel at the musical talent you've suddenly inherited?
Write a song?
Personally I think sleeping would be a waste of time....

Frank.
Frank v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2000, 07:16 PM   #3
Chris M

Hello Frank,

Good topic!

Well, if I were Gord, I'd have a busy day! I'd get up early and run over to Char's house and let the Beautiful Domestic Goddess
make me a big breakfast. I'd have a huge notepad and pen at the ready and ask her
hundreds of questions about myself. All about the many details which I've forgotten , but she has remembered. Then I'd sign on the dotted line and committ him to an
autobiography with all that info...... and since Gord just wrote a full page fan letter to the Moody Blues, I'd grab Char (also a fan) and we'd hop into the "flying machine"
and make tracks for a Moody Blues concert.
Since this may be "The Last Ride" for the MB's as a whole, I wouldn't want Gord to miss that, or the opportunity to get to know sweet Char!

the end.

midnightmisty
Chris M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2000, 07:16 PM   #4
midnightmisty

Hello Frank,

Good topic!

Well, if I were Gord, I'd have a busy day! I'd get up early and run over to Char's house and let the Beautiful Domestic Goddess
make me a big breakfast. I'd have a huge notepad and pen at the ready and ask her
hundreds of questions about myself. All about the many details which I've forgotten , but she has remembered. Then I'd sign on the dotted line and committ him to an
autobiography with all that info...... and since Gord just wrote a full page fan letter to the Moody Blues, I'd grab Char (also a fan) and we'd hop into the "flying machine"
and make tracks for a Moody Blues concert.
Since this may be "The Last Ride" for the MB's as a whole, I wouldn't want Gord to miss that, or the opportunity to get to know sweet Char!

the end.

midnightmisty
midnightmisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2000, 05:15 AM   #5
Janice

I think I would spend the day planning the European tour

Janice/Gord for a day
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2000, 08:18 AM   #6
Dorothea

Misty,
Don't forget to "Question" everything.
You'll have regrets if you don't,when it's time to "Go now".
What a "See-saw" of a ride that day.

Janice,
That's the answer I was looking for! Unfortunately,you (Janice) won't be able to be there! Because you're Gord...

Frank.
Old 10-09-2000, 08:18 AM   #7
Frank v

Misty,
Don't forget to "Question" everything.
You'll have regrets if you don't,when it's time to "Go now".
What a "See-saw" of a ride that day.

Janice,
That's the answer I was looking for! Unfortunately,you (Janice) won't be able to be there! Because you're Gord...

Frank.
Old 10-09-2000, 10:00 AM   #8
Chris M

Frank and Janice,

I've noticed that the USA gets to see alot more of Gord and The Moody Blues than the rest of the world put together! My heart does go out to all the fans in the UK - there are so many there! (and in Vienna!)

midnightmisty
Chris M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2000, 10:00 AM   #9
midnightmisty

Frank and Janice,

I've noticed that the USA gets to see alot more of Gord and The Moody Blues than the rest of the world put together! My heart does go out to all the fans in the UK - there are so many there! (and in Vienna!)

midnightmisty
midnightmisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2000, 12:29 PM   #10
DJL

If I were Gord for a day I'd pack the kids off somewhere and spend a 'Romantic' (Nudge, Nudge) day with Mrs Lightfoot. Time and energy permitting, I'd go out and buy a new selection of guitars and send my old ones to Alan in England.

------------------
"some people join the party, and others say goodnight"
DJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2000, 12:29 PM   #11
A Painter

If I were Gord for a day I'd pack the kids off somewhere and spend a 'Romantic' (Nudge, Nudge) day with Mrs Lightfoot. Time and energy permitting, I'd go out and buy a new selection of guitars and send my old ones to Alan in England.

------------------
"some people join the party, and others say goodnight"
A Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2000, 02:37 PM   #12
Janice

quote:Originally posted by Frank v:

Janice,

Frank.

Frank,

LOL, "Janice" could be there. I/Gord would spend the day PLANNING the tour. The tour itself won't start until after my day as Gord is over. By that time the commitments would be in place and Gord, being the honorable guy that he is, would stick to them

Janice

Old 10-09-2000, 04:15 PM   #13
Dorothea

And then you(Janice) come to London to watch the gig with me!

Frank.
Old 10-09-2000, 04:15 PM   #14
Frank v

And then you(Janice) come to London to watch the gig with me!

Frank.
Old 10-09-2000, 05:26 PM   #15
Janice

Yeah, that's a plan! LOL, One of the other things I would do as Gord is to arrange backstage passes at the London concert for Frank and Janice (and anyone else from the board that happens to be there )

Janice
Old 10-10-2000, 02:48 PM   #16
Ferret Mike

I guess that I would spend most of the day singing. I have always wanted to be able to sing on key for at least a refrain, and would not miss an opportunity to sing like Gord.

It wouldn't matter where--"coffee houses, halls and bars" would do just fine.

Now I haven't met Mrs. Lightfoot, but as one poster suggested above . . . singing isn't everything!
Ferret Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2000, 02:48 PM   #17
jay

I guess that I would spend most of the day singing. I have always wanted to be able to sing on key for at least a refrain, and would not miss an opportunity to sing like Gord.

It wouldn't matter where--"coffee houses, halls and bars" would do just fine.

Now I haven't met Mrs. Lightfoot, but as one poster suggested above . . . singing isn't everything!
________
UGGS

Last edited by jay; 05-03-2011 at 05:02 AM.
jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:20 PM   #18
Borderstone

Now this looked like a great idea from
Mr. Frank V.

Since I'm 38,I'd be the 38 year old Gordon and it depends on the situation.

If I'd just got done with an album promotion/tour,I'd be going canoe-ing or fishing. Maybe even just kickin' back at home in Orillia.

If I felt like working,I'd be writing new songs for the next LP and maybe recording some left over ones from the previous sessions.

I'd also be combing my big scruffy beard,moustache & fluffed out hair! :D LOL!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #19
bjm7777

what a great question. Gord for a day. Grab a note pad dabble in some lyrics, and sit by the water for a few hours counting my many blessings. Think about when I had my anneursym and write about it some more.
Then I would get the band together and throw down a few tracks and discuss what I was thinking when I let whoever that is record "If You Could Read My Mind". I would take the bashing from the band and we would agree that I would never let anyone record my stuff again. Being Gord is like being Elvis there is only one, and for taday I am him.
To ease the pain of having heard that cover, I would begin to write and would not stop until I felt I came up with something that could be better than that.
Hey this fun being Gord for the day. I would then call Fitz and say lets' get together, meet you at the Starbucks and give me your ideas. That Fitz is such a devoted fan I really do need to contact her. Ha Ha Ha. Hey I can dream. Have a great day all of you Gord fans we are a special breed.
bjm7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #20
Fitzy

what a great question. Gord for a day. Grab a note pad dabble in some lyrics, and sit by the water for a few hours counting my many blessings. Think about when I had my anneursym and write about it some more.
Then I would get the band together and throw down a few tracks and discuss what I was thinking when I let whoever that is record "If You Could Read My Mind". I would take the bashing from the band and we would agree that I would never let anyone record my stuff again. Being Gord is like being Elvis there is only one, and for taday I am him.
To ease the pain of having heard that cover, I would begin to write and would not stop until I felt I came up with something that could be better than that.
Hey this fun being Gord for the day. I would then call Fitz and say lets' get together, meet you at the Starbucks and give me your ideas. That Fitz is such a devoted fan I really do need to contact her. Ha Ha Ha. Hey I can dream. Have a great day all of you Gord fans we are a special breed.
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #21
Borderstone

Great answer Fitzy! Quite imaginative.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #22
bjm7777

Borderstone, is that you? #584. Wow you contacted me and so did Char today regarding questions, Thankyou! The two of you keep popping up as I go through and people really get back to you. Both of you are huge with Gord and I thank you both for getting back to me. Can I ask you do you think he looks at this and do you think he is one of the peeps? Food for thought.
bjm7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #23
Fitzy

Borderstone, is that you? #584. Wow you contacted me and so did Char today regarding questions, Thankyou! The two of you keep popping up as I go through and people really get back to you. Both of you are huge with Gord and I thank you both for getting back to me. Can I ask you do you think he looks at this and do you think he is one of the peeps? Food for thought.
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #24
charlene

Lightfoot says he doesn't use a computer...I spoke to him about it last week..see the post where I have my telephone conversation with him where it is discussed.
char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #25
charlene

Lightfoot says he doesn't use a computer...I spoke to him about it last week..see the post where I have my telephone conversation with him where it is discussed.
char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote