banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 03-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
dray7austin

Default 1940s Big Band vocalist Peggy Mann

Hello friends. For those of you who are on Facebook and may also be Big Band enthusiasts, I am the administration of Facebook's "The Peggy Mann Tribute Page". Peggy was a very beautiful young Italian girl from Yonkers, New York. Born Margaret Germano in 1919, she went on to sing with the likes of Benny Goodman, Teddy Powell, Larry Clinton, Eddie Heywood, Frank Sinatra, Tommy Dorsey and a long list of others. This page is the only webpage in the world dedicated soley to Peggy Mann and I have the love and endorsement from her family. If you decide to look her up on Wikipedia, you will find very little information on there. Peggy walked away from the entertainment industry during the 1950s and never looked back. Very little was known about her although one YouTube video of her alone has nearly 30, 000 views. Ten years ago I started piecing her life puzzle together without much to go on but a Wikipedia birth name, her hometown and an incorrect birth date.I was able to finally track down her loving family members. And just this past year, my story written of her life was published in the Yonkers Historical Journal. Which can be read in it's entirety on her Facebook page. So stop on by and view Peggy's rare one of a kind photos, videos and records. And please like the page if you will. The link is below:

https://www.facebook.com/thepeggymanntributepage?ref=hl

Last edited by dray7austin; 03-09-2014 at 07:21 PM.
dray7austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #2
dray7austin

Default Re: 1940s Big Band vocalist Peggy Mann

I first saw this video of Peggy back in 1988 and fell in love with her that very day. She is just too adorable. Great video! Hope you all enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd51sYZLMkA
dray7austin is offline   Reply With Quote