banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-30-2000, 05:47 PM   #1
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

There a newly announced and confirmed concert at the Majestic Theater in North Tonawanda, NY, on August 6. This is the former Melody Fair, a venue where Gord has played in the past, including more than 20 years ago. Since there is only 5 weeks to go, I thought I'd mention it as many places as I could think of, and not all the folks here also read the newsgroup or check my site (for shame). Tickets are on sale (or you can at least reserve the seats). This just happened this week, so don't worry. You are still early!

The phone numbers and venue web site address are at my web site at www.gordonlightfoot.com .

------------------
Valerie Magee

Visit my GL web site at gordonlightfoot.com
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2000, 11:17 PM   #2
Dan

Valerie,

Thanks so much for the info I'm going to try to get tickets and I'll let you know the outcome.

Dan
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2000, 11:53 PM   #3
charlene

I'm going to check out how far away Melody Fair is from Toronto and maybe talk my husband into driving down to see Gord again after next Saturday at Mariposa in Orillia. He likes Gord an awful lot too but seeing as our 26th anniversary is the 20th of August I might have some leverage!!! If ya know what I mean!! LOL
Char We shall see!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2000, 05:41 AM   #4
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

Glad to hear that some of you will make this one. I am almost tempted too (5 hours from Saratoga Springs; under two from Toronto, I think, Char). Having made the trip from Saratoga Springs to Toronto in November, I know the route. Easy driving too (read, "fast") ...

------------------
Valerie Magee

Visit my GL web site at gordonlightfoot.com

PS: Of course, did I mention that Norwalk is where I live in CT (3 hours from Saratoga Springs), and Town Hall in NYC is only one hour more ...

[This message has been edited by vlmagee (edited July 01, 2000).]
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2000, 11:57 AM   #5
~The Gypsy~

Yea, Valerie, been wondering for months now just how you got GL booked in your backyard. Must be real nice!

That could be some show though and some audience with all those "names" living in Fairfield County. I can see it now--GL and Meatloaf jammin'! LOL --where's CPTV now!

Proud to be amongst the esteemed Nutmeggers on this site, though! See ya there!!

PS-- Connecticut is "The Nutmeg State"--don't think UK schools teach that.

------------------
"Is there someone sewing seams through all my hopes..."
~The Gypsy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2000, 10:59 AM   #6
Dan

We called tickets.com and Majestic Theater and it appears that tickets go on sale Wednesday July 5.

Charlene North Tonawanda is an 1 1/2 hour drive from TO. We drive it the other way yearly for the CNE but it is about 2 hours from Hamburg (the birthpace of you know what!)

I'll let you know when we get tickets.

Dan

Old 07-02-2000, 09:06 PM   #7
sundownbuff

The tickets went on sale on Saturday. We got our tickets at 10:00 a.m. The gentleman selling tickets was very surprised that we knew about the concert. (Thanks to Val). We got great seats. Can't wait for the concert. This will be my second of the season and I will make my third in San Diego in August.
sundownbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 02:12 PM   #8
Dan you know who

Actually I am the 'regular dan' but I am at work and I don't remember my password!

My wife just called me, she just got us tickets in the 5th row on the isle which the performers walk down.(Remember this place is in the round.)
We called when they opened at 9:00 on Saturday and were told the concert wasn't in the computer yet and that they update their computer on Wednesday. It must have been added to the computer by 10:00 on Saturday since sundownbuff obtained tickets then.

Sundownbuff, does that 'buff' stand for Buffalo or are you a buff of sundown. I guess you could be both!

Dan
Old 07-03-2000, 02:50 PM   #9
Silver Heels

quote:Originally posted by shipwrecked00:
Yea, Valerie, been wondering for months now just how you got GL booked in your backyard. Must be real nice!

That could be some show though and some audience with all those "names" living in Fairfield County. I can see it now--GL and Meatloaf jammin'! LOL --where's CPTV now!

Proud to be amongst the esteemed Nutmeggers on this site, though! See ya there!!

PS-- Connecticut is "The Nutmeg State"--don't think UK schools teach that.

Thanks Shipwreck ... I was wondering about those 'nutmeggers' ...

Silver Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 08:34 PM   #10
sundownbuff

Dear regular Dan,
Sundownbuff means a fan of Sundown but the funny part of it is that I was born in Buffalo, though I don't live there any more. The man got the information in the computer just after 10 am. Boy we were lucky. We also have aisle seats though we could of had front row I prefer the aisle. What a way for me to celebrate my bithday.
Old 07-06-2000, 08:49 PM   #11
potter

This is great news! I am from the Town of Tonawanda and now live just south of Buffalo. The Majestic Theatre engagement means that I will be seeing Gord 3 times in the next couple of months. Mariposa, Majestic, and Artpark. What a great Summer!

potter
potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2000, 06:19 AM   #12
sundownbuff

I have never been able to confirm that Gordon is playing at Artpark. I had read hear that he is playing on August 7 but I have never been able to get tickets. Any further information available?
Old 07-08-2000, 01:16 AM   #13
Dan

Sundownbuff,

The concert at the Majestic I believe is taking the place of the concert at Artpark. When I first saw the Artpark concert listed on this site(about two months ago) we called Artpark. They were surprised that we knew anything about it. They said they were trying to get Gord for that August 7 date but Gord hadn't confirmed the date yet.

The Majestic Theater is in North Tonawanda and Artpark is in Lewiston. These two places are no more than probably twenty miles apart.

Dan
Old 07-08-2000, 08:32 AM   #14
Rose

Dan, Thanks for the reply. I live about two hours from Artpark and thought I would ddrive down both days especially since August 7th is my birthday. I really enjoy the Majestic Theater better than the Artpark outdoor theater. Can't wait for the sixth of August. I will celebrate my birthday that day instead. Are you going to be there?
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2000, 08:32 AM   #15
sundownbuff

Dan, Thanks for the reply. I live about two hours from Artpark and thought I would ddrive down both days especially since August 7th is my birthday. I really enjoy the Majestic Theater better than the Artpark outdoor theater. Can't wait for the sixth of August. I will celebrate my birthday that day instead. Are you going to be there?
Old 07-09-2000, 10:02 PM   #16
Dan

sundownbuff,

Yes, my wife and I have tickets in the 5th row.

Dan

Old 07-09-2000, 10:04 PM   #17
Dan

sundownbuff,

Yes, my wife and I have tickets in the 5th row.

Dan

Old 07-10-2000, 08:35 AM   #18
Rose

Dan, Glad you and your wife got great tickets. My husband is not a GL fan, you wonder why I married him, but my sister is and we will be there waiting to hear his wonderful songs.
Old 07-10-2000, 08:35 AM   #19
sundownbuff

Dan, Glad you and your wife got great tickets. My husband is not a GL fan, you wonder why I married him, but my sister is and we will be there waiting to hear his wonderful songs.
Old 07-10-2000, 08:34 PM   #20
Dan

sudownbuff,
My wife is the person who first liked Gordon almost 30 years ago. We both love him and his music but I am now the fanatic!

Maybe we will see you and your sister at the Majestic.

Dan
Old 07-31-2000, 10:02 PM   #21
Dan

Wanted to get this back to the top since the concert is this Sunday. My wife and I are going and have great seats thanks to Valerie!!

All right, so who else is going to this concert? Do you want to meet early or at intermission for a drink?

We can all wear Silver Heels so we can spot each other!

Let me know.

Dan
Old 07-31-2000, 10:13 PM   #22
Rose

Thanks to Val my sister and I have great seats. We will be there. Keep me posted.
Old 07-31-2000, 10:13 PM   #23
sundownbuff

Thanks to Val my sister and I have great seats. We will be there. Keep me posted.