banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 03-30-2004, 01:32 PM   #1
DMD3

When Gord wrote "Rainy Day People", was he a rainy day person(3rd person waiting for a relationship between 2 people to subside so he/she can take one's place)or was there another rainy day person he was talking about? I really can't tell.
Or did he just make it up, and it's not from experience at all?
Old 03-30-2004, 06:50 PM   #2
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

quote:Originally posted by DMD3:
When Gord wrote "Rainy Day People", was he a rainy day person(3rd person waiting for a relationship between 2 people to subside so he/she can take one's place)or was there another rainy day person he was talking about? I really can't tell.

Oh, I like to believe it's not something he just pulled out of his imagination. But I can't answer your question. And that's the beauty of the song. It keeps you wondering.

Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:54 AM   #3
Borderstone

DMD3,that is the kind of question only Gordon himself can answer. That is,if he chose to say one way or the other about it.

Real singer/songwriter's usually write from personal experience or just their feelings on the subject their writing about.

Sometimes though,it's just good old fashioned imagination.

Been me,later!

------------------
Borderstone,gonna post some lines tonight!:D
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:40 PM   #4
violet Blue Horse

I have always imagined he wrote it from the perspective of being the one who needed the shoulder, rather than the one gave it, if you know what I mean. But yeah, it could just as easily be the other way around.

quote:Originally posted by DMD3: