banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-06-2000, 02:23 AM   #1
tom h

does anyone know the gordon lightfoot song title for this phrase?...many years ago i remember hearing a slow ballad, accompanied only by guitar, i think, and the phrase "raindrops are falling like dewdrops" or close to that. i think the word "roses" is in it too. not much to go on, i know; thought it might have been "softly" but that wasn't it. thanks very much for your help.
tom h
Old 09-06-2000, 02:23 AM   #2
tom h

does anyone know the gordon lightfoot song title for this phrase?...many years ago i remember hearing a slow ballad, accompanied only by guitar, i think, and the phrase "raindrops are falling like dewdrops" or close to that. i think the word "roses" is in it too. not much to go on, i know; thought it might have been "softly" but that wasn't it. thanks very much for your help.
tom h
Old 09-06-2000, 04:54 AM   #3
midnightmisty

Hi Tom h,

The song is "Your Loves Return". It's on the If You Could Read My Mind album. Very pretty tune.
midnightmisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2000, 04:54 AM   #4
sandyo

Hi Tom h,

The song is "Your Loves Return". It's on the If You Could Read My Mind album. Very pretty tune.
sandyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2000, 09:07 PM   #5
tom h

quote:Originally posted by sandyo:
Hi Tom h,

Sandyo--thank you very much for the title.
I've been kinda searching for years--the song made such an impression. Appreciate your help. What a resource this all is!
best,
tom h

p.s. Here's another I've been looking for even longer. Don't know why but felt you might know this too. Ever heard of the duo "Ian and Sylvia?" I realize it's not Gord but they are from Canada! I think the song title is "Stories He'd Tell" but for the life of me I can't find it on any of their albums. Maybe i've got the title wrong. A line from it goes "but I think of him often, I remember him well, the places he'd take me, the stories he'd tell." Any thoughts on song title or album?
Old 09-06-2000, 09:07 PM   #6
tom h

quote:Originally posted by sandyo:
Hi Tom h,

Sandyo--thank you very much for the title.
I've been kinda searching for years--the song made such an impression. Appreciate your help. What a resource this all is!
best,
tom h

p.s. Here's another I've been looking for even longer. Don't know why but felt you might know this too. Ever heard of the duo "Ian and Sylvia?" I realize it's not Gord but they are from Canada! I think the song title is "Stories He'd Tell" but for the life of me I can't find it on any of their albums. Maybe i've got the title wrong. A line from it goes "but I think of him often, I remember him well, the places he'd take me, the stories he'd tell." Any thoughts on song title or album?
Old 09-07-2000, 03:29 PM   #7
paradoxides

Hi Tom.
I am not familiar with the Ian and Sylvia song to which you are referring, but...I did check at CDNow.com and there are two albums that have a song by that name by Ian and Sylvia. I listened to the sample to see if the lines were what you were looking for, but all that was available was a few instrumental minutes. Anyway, it is probably the right song...it's on the albums

Movin' on 1967-68
Long Long Time Ago

Hope it's what yr looking for. (:
paradoxides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2000, 03:29 PM   #8
Pirate Queen

Hi Tom.
I am not familiar with the Ian and Sylvia song to which you are referring, but...I did check at CDNow.com and there are two albums that have a song by that name by Ian and Sylvia. I listened to the sample to see if the lines were what you were looking for, but all that was available was a few instrumental minutes. Anyway, it is probably the right song...it's on the albums

Movin' on 1967-68
Long Long Time Ago

Hope it's what yr looking for. (:
Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2000, 10:10 PM   #9
tom h

Hey Pirate Queen...thank you sooooo much for the tip on cdnow.com. I too listened and I think that's it--it gets slow and introspective after that rousing start, as I remember. I'll troop down to the record store and get it. Appreciate your help in ending my long search.

To the Theater!,

Tom h
Old 09-07-2000, 10:10 PM   #10
tom h

Hey Pirate Queen...thank you sooooo much for the tip on cdnow.com. I too listened and I think that's it--it gets slow and introspective after that rousing start, as I remember. I'll troop down to the record store and get it. Appreciate your help in ending my long search.

To the Theater!,

Tom h
Old 09-08-2000, 02:07 AM   #11
paradoxides

You are quite welcome. Discovering cdnow.com has definitely cleared up a few mysteries for me too. Glad I could help.
paradoxides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2000, 02:07 AM   #12
Pirate Queen

You are quite welcome. Discovering cdnow.com has definitely cleared up a few mysteries for me too. Glad I could help.
Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote