banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #26
JohnBellardJr

quote:Originally posted by TC:
Hey all! I think I posted here about a million years ago. Anyway, About 10 years ago I went on a obsessive quest to obtain all of Gords vinyl. I figured as long as I'm going all out, I might as well make sure that they're mint albums. I believe I have all except "Two Tones" and one called "Yellow Bird" (or something like that). All are mint, some weren't even opened. Of course I opened them just to play them even though I had them on CD. "Lightfoot" was one of the unopened ones which surprised me plus I also had an unopened "Sundown" made by Mobile Sound fidelity. I actually have two of those. Along with that are 33 45s.

It was a fun time hunting down all those albums but kind of a let-down when I was all through.

That's my album story, I have to go take my medication now. TC

Does YELLOW BIRD have -
"Turn, Turn, Turn"
"Song of The Groundhog"
"Ribbon of Darkness"
and
"Long River" ???

Have the songs on tape, but not the vinyl.

------------------
'Rainy day people always seem to know when it's time to call; Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen, till they've heard it all.'- GL
JohnBellardJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #27
Aime_41

quote:Originally posted by TC:
Hey all! I think I posted here about a million years ago. Anyway, About 10 years ago I went on a obsessive quest to obtain all of Gords vinyl. I figured as long as I'm going all out, I might as well make sure that they're mint albums. I believe I have all except "Two Tones" and one called "Yellow Bird" (or something like that). All are mint, some weren't even opened. Of course I opened them just to play them even though I had them on CD. "Lightfoot" was one of the unopened ones which surprised me plus I also had an unopened "Sundown" made by Mobile Sound fidelity. I actually have two of those. Along with that are 33 45s.

It was a fun time hunting down all those albums but kind of a let-down when I was all through.

That's my album story, I have to go take my medication now. TC

Does YELLOW BIRD have -
"Turn, Turn, Turn"
"Song of The Groundhog"
"Ribbon of Darkness"
and
"Long River" ???

------------------
'Rainy day people always seem to know when it's time to call; Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen, till they've heard it all.'- GL
Aime_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 04:21 PM   #28
JohnBellardJr

quote:Originally posted by DiggerBoy:
My dad used to have every Lightfoot album ever made on vinyl. He used to keep them downstairs in the closet and I thought they were the coolest things ever. Unfortunately, about 9 years ago he got rid of his turntable and brought all the Lightfoot albums to a record store, but the man didn't want them!! (Could you believe that??)So my dad ended up throwing them all away.

So 3 years ago, we finally got a beautiful Pioneer turntable (which currently resides in my bedroom)at the thrift store for about $5.00. Realizing his mistake 6 years before, my dad went on a mission, to recollect every Lightfoot Lightfoot album once Again (With my help, of course). We started in late 2001 and finished in August 2004. They were purchased from both Ebay and Record Theatre (A local music store chan that has Lightfoot LPs from $.99-$2.00). We also have plenty of extras.

How about you?

On the subject of turntables, we just bought a beautiful one at a garage sale. The sound is just magnificent, much better than the CD/tape/radio, system that we have. But now just a short time later, the turn table does not turn. Any ideas, other than we might have gotten taken???? Suppose it's off to the repair shop. It's much better than the old one currently in our basement, which will not play vinyls, either.

------------------
JohnBellardJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 04:21 PM   #29
Aime_41

quote:Originally posted by DiggerBoy:
My dad used to have every Lightfoot album ever made on vinyl. He used to keep them downstairs in the closet and I thought they were the coolest things ever. Unfortunately, about 9 years ago he got rid of his turntable and brought all the Lightfoot albums to a record store, but the man didn't want them!! (Could you believe that??)So my dad ended up throwing them all away.

So 3 years ago, we finally got a beautiful Pioneer turntable (which currently resides in my bedroom)at the thrift store for about $5.00. Realizing his mistake 6 years before, my dad went on a mission, to recollect every Lightfoot Lightfoot album once Again (With my help, of course). We started in late 2001 and finished in August 2004. They were purchased from both Ebay and Record Theatre (A local music store chan that has Lightfoot LPs from $.99-$2.00). We also have plenty of extras.

How about you?

On the subject of turntables, we just bought a beautiful one at a garage sale. The sound is just magnificent, much better than the CD/tape/radio, system that we have. But now just a short time later, the turn table does not turn. Any ideas, other than we might have gotten taken???? Suppose it's off to the repair shop. It's much better than the old one currently in our basement, which will not play vinyls, either.

------------------
Aime_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 04:59 PM   #30
Borderstone

I have (including the 1962 recorded Early Lightfoot) every LP from "Lightfoot" through
"East Of Midnight".

I have yet to see a copy of GG2 on vinyl but I know they were made in 1988/89.

If there's "any" vinyl's of WFY or APPT,that would amaze me to pieces! That would be very rare!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #31
The Rez

Border, I just saw a GG2 LP for $7.77 on ebay with no bids. You should check it out.

[This message has been edited by DiggerBoy (edited February 12, 2005).]
The Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #32
DiggerBoy

Border, I just saw a GG2 LP for $7.77 on ebay with no bids. You should check it out.

[This message has been edited by DiggerBoy (edited February 12, 2005).]
DiggerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:15 PM   #33
Station Master

Send a message via ICQ to Station Master

not entirely...but i do have the Harmony album, on compact disc...mint condition!...well, NO scrathes but a whole lot of fingerprints
Station Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:15 PM   #34
jj

not entirely...but i do have the Harmony album, on compact disc...mint condition!...well, NO scrathes but a whole lot of fingerprints
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 04:57 PM   #35
Borderstone

Thanks for the tip Diggerboy but I only post fro ma library PC right now and have limited time for things like that. I guess it'll be my loss. Thanks again though.

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Old 02-13-2005, 05:57 PM   #36
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

How Poor Were You ?

I was so poor back in the day that I would only buy albums that you couldn't hear on the radio - and I liked to stay out late, etc. and that took what little money I had. And what vinyl I had got ruined in a leaking pipe incident (boring story). And then I wasn't poor any longer - but vinyl was going away so I started with CDs and that brings us to now - sorry, I'll stop - soon - I promise.

Bill

(spelling)

[This message has been edited by BILLW (edited February 13, 2005).]
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:31 PM   #37
The Rez

Sorry Border. I wish I had a way to send one to you if I ever saw one. Are there any record stores in your area that sells LPs? you should check there....
The Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:31 PM   #38
DiggerBoy

Sorry Border. I wish I had a way to send one to you if I ever saw one. Are there any record stores in your area that sells LPs? you should check there....
DiggerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:51 PM   #39
Borderstone

Oh,plenty of record stores like that all over the "valley of the sun" here. I've been to just about all of them (some are just too far)and as of yet none of them have GG2 on vinyl. I have the cassette,so it's no big rush. If I find it,that in my opinion will be when I was meant to find it.

I do know I was meant to find all the others in 2002 because after I did find them all,one of the places I found the most at went out of business!
It was the place where I found,"Lightfoot",
"DSMMy Name","Salute",a replacement copy of "Endless Wire","Old Dan's Records" and a nearly brand new looking copy of "GG 1".

I'll get it when I get it. Thank you though.

------------------
Old 02-17-2005, 05:14 PM   #40
chillywilsa

quote:Originally posted by Aime_41:
Does YELLOW BIRD have -
"Turn, Turn, Turn"
"Song of The Groundhog"
"Ribbon of Darkness"
and
"Long River" ???

chillywilsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 05:15 PM   #41
chillywilsa

quote:Originally posted by Aime_41:
Does YELLOW BIRD have -
"Turn, Turn, Turn"
"Song of The Groundhog"
"Ribbon of Darkness"
and
"Long River" ???

Yes..those songs are on Yellow Bird LP along with 6 others.
chillywilsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:26 AM   #42
Bill

Yes...originals, but not all the repackaged collections.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:40 AM   #43
Rich Man Spiritual

I have all of GL's albums on vinyl that are available. I believe the last one pressed to vinyl was "Gord's Gold, Volume II". I'd love to hear his last three on vinyl though.

------------------
Whatever you think of me I'm still your friend, so other than nothin', what's new?
Rich Man Spiritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:40 AM   #44
Meekrofilm

I have all of GL's albums on vinyl that are available. I believe the last one pressed to vinyl was "Gord's Gold, Volume II". I'd love to hear his last three on vinyl though.

------------------
Whatever you think of me I'm still your friend, so other than nothin', what's new?
Meekrofilm is offline   Reply With Quote