banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 12-18-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
talbot10

I had the great pleasure this past weekend of participating in our second cancerresearch/suirvivors fund raising concert in beautiful Lebanon, PA. Also performing at the show were my friends Peter Alecia (and Dale and Dave) with their Bluegrass band "High School Reunion" and my friend Christopher Westfall. The show was at the beautiful Coleman Chappel and was a great succes in raising money for the Lebanon Chapter of "Survivors and Friends".
The morning after the show, Chris played me a song called "Talking with the Angels", perfromed by a very talented singer/ Songwriter named
Tim Dabbs.This particular song was written by Wayne Francis. Tim oblviously had the same reaction to this incredible song that Chris and I had. I never knew Wayne was a songwriter. I do now! This is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. If you click on Waynes profile
at the bottom of his site (http://www.lightfoot.ca/wprofile.htm)you will find info about Wayne's CD. Tim's verson of Wayne's song is marvelous as well. I don't know how often Wayne reads this site but thanks Wayne. That song made my day yesterday.
Bill Hall

[ December 18, 2006, 13:56: Message edited by: talbot10 ]
Old 12-19-2006, 01:33 AM   #2
mnmouse

Bill,
Thanks for bringing Wayne's songwriting to our attention - he is very talented, and I am looking forward to receiving the CDs and hearing this song.
Also, congratulations on another successful fund raising event for "Survivors and Friends"! I am sure it was a fine evening of music and shared friendship.
Mouse
mnmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:56 AM   #3
charlene

Billyboy - you're a good man! - congrats to all of you who participated in this event again....and I agree - the song is wonderful....
Charzo
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:12 PM   #4
Iron

A fine evening indeed Mouse!
Bill,and Peter and Dale and Dave,and Chris,once again contributed and collaborated to make yet another successful event!!And Fellicia and Donna,and everyone else that put it all together and helped out!
So many amazing and unique artists in one night,It was truly an Honor to be there,to say the least!
They don't have to attend these functions,They don't need to attend these functions..
They take the time,They make the time....
Their wonderful Talents they share with us ...icing on the cake..
Their talents,outstanding as they are,are just a part of "Who" they are!!!

Just one of many highlights of the evening for me...Bill dedacated a Dylan song to a friend ..from Minn. I believe the name was "Sharron"!!
Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:32 AM   #5
brink-

Brian - since you and Gloria are making it to Bill's concert you might be interested in the fact that Bill does sing for us at every Massey event, too. You and Gloria should start planning for a lovely vacation to the big city of Toronto in May of '08. Bring your geetar and join in.
Char and I do a lovely duet with our air geetars.

[ December 20, 2006, 23:16: Message edited by: brink- ]
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:08 PM   #6
Iron

Sounds like a great idea Deb! We do want to make the trip,just could'nt pull it off this year.
You and Char bring those air geetars and we will party hearty!!
Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:36 PM   #7
talbot10

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron:
A fine evening indeed Mouse!
Bill,and Peter and Dale and Dave,and Chris,once again contributed and collaborated to make yet another successful event!!And Fellicia and Donna,and everyone else that put it all together and helped out!
So many amazing and unique artists in one night,It was truly an Honor to be there,to say the least!
They don't have to attend these functions,They don't need to attend these functions..
They take the time,They make the time....
Their wonderful Talents they share with us ...icing on the cake..
Their talents,outstanding as they are,are just a part of "Who" they are!!!

Just one of many highlights of the evening for me...Bill dedacated a Dylan song to a friend ..from Minn. I believe the name was "Sharron"!!
Brian and Gloria and Gloria's sister and husband came all the way from the Pittsburgh area to not only support the musicians (Peter, Dale, Dave, Chris and myself) but more importantly to support this great cause to battle cancer. We owe you the thanks Brian! I deeply appreciate it!
Bill
Old 12-21-2006, 01:44 AM   #8
RM

My ears told me this....

Listening to "Let The River Run Free", I was amazed by how much the music and phrasing resonate with the Lightfoot influence.

Very Nice.
RM is offline   Reply With Quote