banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-14-2003, 02:55 PM   #1
Borderstone

Okay,I just deleted a topic I put up,where I started a GL story and then asked others to contribute. I thought it would be a fun thing for us to do on here and a copule of people took it serious and then,like in many of these threads,people just went off on something completely different. Mind you,I'm not angry about it,just more or less disappointed that I and others put subjects up here to talk about or other postings and it goes okay for a couple of posts then all heck breaks loose. (Heck instead of H!!!) The story I started and 2 other people "seriously" continued was followed by people relaying things to eachother that had nothing at all to do with it. I guess that's the last time I try to participate on that level. I saw the posts had jumped from 3 to 8 and I thought, but instead got . Later.

------------------
Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 09:27 PM   #2
brink

Borderstone
Sorry if you took offense to my relaying to Watchman. I was trying to think of something and was stuck at where he left off, just needed a little boost.
Brink
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 10:01 AM   #3
DMD3

This kind of thing can happen when you post topics. It may not be ruined by pranksters but you see a lot of posts and your like, :cool h yeah! but when you see that everyone has gotten too far off topic to hope to ever return to topic your like oh no! . Other times, you may get a lot more replies than you ever expected. Thats happened with one topic already that I've posted.

"In a word it is said that at times we must fall"
Old 05-15-2003, 10:03 AM   #4
DMD3

[B]This kind of thing can happen when you post topics. It may not be ruined by pranksters but you see a lot of posts and your like, oh yeah! but when you see that everyone has gotten too far off topic to hope to ever return to topic your like oh no! . Other times, you may get a lot more replies than you ever expected. Thats happened with one topic already that I've posted.

Should've spaced between the word cool and oh there .

Old 05-16-2003, 05:51 PM   #5
Borderstone

quote:Originally posted by DMD3:
[B]
This kind of thing can happen when you post topics. It may not be ruined by pranksters but you see a lot of posts and your like, oh yeah! but when you see that everyone has gotten too far off topic to hope to ever return to topic your like oh no! . Other times, you may get a lot more replies than you ever expected. Thats happened with one topic already that I've posted.

Should've spaced between the word cool and oh there .

Now don't worry DMD 3,you'll be okay. You've just had too much Sundown on your head. Just lie here quietly and soon the Pony Man will be here to take all you troubles away. Poor guy,obviously not feelin' ta-good!

Old 05-16-2003, 05:57 PM   #6
Borderstone

Brink,I wasn't necessarily offended. I was just hoping to have a fun continued story thread until someone chose to say,the end at the finish of what they wrote. I didn't take it "that" personally. I just think people should stick to the subject/topic at hand. Catch ya on the flipside of Sundown!

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited May 16, 2003).]
Old 05-23-2003, 10:26 AM   #7
DMD3

I wonder which is worse, having a bunch of replies that are off topic or having no replies at all. I would think having a bunch of off topic replies because at least you can be happy for a minute there and can improve your reading skills
Bye.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:59 PM   #8
Janice

quote:Originally posted by Borderstone:
Okay,I just deleted a topic I put up,where I started a GL story and then asked others to contribute. I thought it would be a fun thing for us to do on here and a copule of people took it serious and then,like in many of these threads,people just went off on something completely different. Mind you,I'm not angry about it,just more or less disappointed that I and others put subjects up here to talk about or other postings and it goes okay for a couple of posts then all heck breaks loose. (Heck instead of H!!!) The story I started and 2 other people "seriously" continued was followed by people relaying things to eachother that had nothing at all to do with it. I guess that's the last time I try to participate on that level. I saw the posts had jumped from 3 to 8 and I thought, but instead got . Later.

It always saddens me when you decide to remove topics. Of course as the creator of a thread it's your right to do so, but unless there is something that's really offensive, I guess I just don't see the point of it. I'm sorry if the responses weren't what you expected or hoped for, but that's the risk you take when you start a topic. Who's to say that the next time a new Lightfoot fan found us, they wouldn't have added to the story you started. After all, when you first found us, you pulled some topics from the archives and brought them to life again, as has DMD3 and many others who have come along before you. That's the fun and joy of having all these threads available - they occasionally get a rebirth with fresh thoughts and opinions. I'll admit there are a few old threads out there that I'd rather not see brought back to life, but I wouldn't want to see them removed. They represent who we are, complete with our strengths, weaknesses, and frailties. I guess my thought on it has always been that if a thread isn't going the way you think it should or hoped it would, than let it fizzle out or bring it round to the direction you want it to go by posting something "on topic" yourself. Just my opinion, and unlike Dennis Miller who "could" be wrong, I probably am

Janice
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 09:32 PM   #9
TheWatchman

Besides, I thought my repsonse was pretty creative!
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 10:10 PM   #10
brink

it was!
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 09:25 AM   #11
gwen snyder

yes, creative Watchman, hm-m-m. What a concept?
GSS
gwen snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 04:42 PM   #12
TheWatchman

lol
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 05:30 PM   #13
DMD3

I wasn't disapointed one bit.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:48 PM   #14
Borderstone

Watchman,your response was very creative and I kinda thought when people read it they'd be inspired to continue the story. Continuation was what I was looking for along with creativity. ..and again,I thought it would be fun for all,but much like chain letters,someone broke the chain and it disrupted what could have been a very funny story all around. Anyways,I apologize if I seemed like I was nitpicking but I'm over it now,so let's just move on. In fact I'll end the story myself. Bum-bump-a-da-da-bump-bump! !

------------------
Borderstone
Old 07-07-2016, 02:43 PM   #15
Borderstone

Default Re: ...and the subject is...

Hi all. Just stopping in before going tp work and looking at some 2003 posts.

I was reading the first message in this one
and you know what? ... I sound like a prententious jerk who's full of himself.

Amazing 13 years and 2 months later I see this and realize what kind of guy I was then.

I was a good guy yes, but I can also see it was all about 'me-me-me, look at me."

Of course, I loved the attention but in that post? ...Not a good way to get it.

It might not be necessary but I apologize for it just the same. ..and for any other times I acted that way on the boards. Now at age 48, I'm still that fun & sometimes silly Borderstone but certainly I've toned down a bit.

Thanks foir putting up with it and hopefully for understanding.
I wasn't exactly the most mature person then, even at age 34.

Bye for now.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:13 PM   #16
Affair on Touhy Ave.

Whatever.
Affair on Touhy Ave. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:10 PM   #17
Rob1956

Border,
I'd say, never hold off posting a new thread if you think it has some worthiness to Gord, either past or present. Not too long ago, I introduced a thread inviting comments on the impact of Lenny Waronker to Gord's recording career, and it pretty much petered out. So you never know. You can't take it personally. Now, if you post a thread on something that's been discussed to death or is vague enough to easily be taken off track, then that will happen. Count on it.
Rob1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:12 AM   #18
charlene

with 4+ Facebook pages for Gordon plus an OFFICIAL one many members here post on those now and rarely visit here anymore...
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:56 PM   #19
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

The style of corfid and the old bulletin board format is not very attractive to the young and technically advanced crowd. Even after 2,474 posts I still like the site but the pace sometimes leaves something to be desired. I'm sure there's a lot more old corfidians on Facebook than I have connected with but there are some "old-timers" like Char and me, DMD3 and The Watchman out there among others. The problem, sometimes, with finding them on Facebook is that most people here use usernames that mean something, ???, to them and we don't always know the name for Facebook. I cleverly use "Bill Wallace" as my name of FB mostly because that's my name (well William really but you see my point).

Interestingly corfid does track "views" and for the life of me I don't understand how a post can have say 100 views and not a single reply. On FB it is easy for someone to click "like" to at least show you've read a post or at least seen it. Back 5 or 10 years ago people seemed quicker to say "thanks for posting" or "cool" or "up yours" here on corfid but often the complete lack of anything is depressing.

But she's still floating so that means there's hope. If Florian could maybe update the home screen to show newcomers that we're still current in 2016, that may help, maybe not.

Keep smiling folks and have a great summer,

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:41 PM   #20
charlene

I post all i can here and all FB sites...as long as someone looking for Lightfoot info can find it somehwere online I'm good.. but i do like this format better.. Posts at FB are pushed down and many are missed by people...Then there's the FB guy who posts 14 videos from youtube in 5 minutes and any relevant news/video/review is gone unless you scroll down theu the videos..and most people only scroll so far and that's it so they miss stuff. i've been scanning/posting old mags/newspaper stuff and there's nary a word about it but a million comments on some youtube that's been posted a million times at FB... sigh.... i'm old and cranky now...
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:27 AM   #21
dray7austin

I agree 100% with you Charlene. I love the format on this site. I don't post as much as I should here, but I try to read everything I can. This may be just me but I consider this the number one Gordon fan page for one to go to. Opinions here matter. I've learned so much about the man, and it's all because of this page. I love all the various insights. Thanks for the great work.
dray7austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:48 PM   #22
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
I post all i can here and all FB sites...as long as someone looking for Lightfoot info can find it somehwere online I'm good.. but i do like this format better.. Posts at FB are pushed down and many are missed by people...Then there's the FB guy who posts 14 videos from youtube in 5 minutes and any relevant news/video/review is gone unless you scroll down theu the videos..and most people only scroll so far and that's it so they miss stuff. i've been scanning/posting old mags/newspaper stuff and there's nary a word about it but a million comments on some youtube that's been posted a million times at FB... sigh.... i'm old and cranky now...

Very well said and exactly how FB works, the young nowadays don't want to read something that's 15 minutes old. But I love history etc. (I'm old and cranky now too, lol)

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:12 PM   #23
Borderstone

Oky finally back to replying here.

I ran out of time last time in, so I thank you Charlene.

Don't worry, I'll always post something here if I think it's interesting enough.

As for other Gord Boards? No way. From (mainly) Late 2002 through 2010, this was (and still is) a second home. True that since 2010, my message leaving hass tapered off but I think that just came about through getting busier and maybe just a lot less to say.

Maybe even having matured in some ways, as I don't feel the need to be the center of attention anymore. ...but more importantly, I will be the first to say "Long Live Corfid!'