banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2003, 10:25 PM   #1
fowlesjohn

Has anybody heard more about how he is doing?
fowlesjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 10:25 PM   #2
gwen snyder

Has anybody heard more about how he is doing?
gwen snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 05:31 AM   #3
Gord

Haven't heard anything of late
Old 01-21-2003, 05:31 AM   #4
Gord

Haven't heard anything of late
Old 01-23-2003, 06:06 AM   #5
Auburn Annie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheWatchman:
[B]Did I read somewhere in another post that he is still smoking??

Gad, I surely hope not. If she's smart I'd hope Liz would have removed all smoking materials from the house before Gord got home. He's got the willpower, and certainly reasons enough to quit (Liz, Miles, Meredith, Eric etc.)

My mother did this for my dad when he was hospitalized with a heart attack 15 or so years ago - he couldn't smoke on ICU and so decided to go cold turkey. Went through a lot of sugarless candies for a while but hasn't smoked since.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 06:06 AM   #6
Auburn Annie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheWatchman:
[B]Did I read somewhere in another post that he is still smoking??

Gad, I surely hope not. If she's smart I'd hope Liz would have removed all smoking materials from the house before Gord got home. He's got the willpower, and certainly reasons enough to quit (Liz, Miles, Meredith, Eric etc.)

My mother did this for my dad when he was hospitalized with a heart attack 15 or so years ago - he couldn't smoke on ICU and so decided to go cold turkey. Went through a lot of sugarless candies for a while but hasn't smoked since.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:01 PM   #7
Dan O'Malley

Just thinking about how incredible an autobiography would be. Bearing in mind how little information we've had about his current condition though, I can't see it. I think he values his privacy too much.
Dan O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 04:20 PM   #8
Auburn Annie

Well, he could always write something for his kids, if not for general consumption. What it was like growing up in Orillia, his parents, and gad, the road stories (for those old enough to read 'em <g> ) I don't know that he'd especially care to revisit his first marriage to Brita, as much out of respect for her feelings and their children as anything else. He may prefer to let the past stay in the past.
I can see him chuckling to himself as he leaves us to our own devices, reading through his songs like so many entrails as we search for some greater meaning, trying to untangle the threads of his life's tapestry in the music - and bemusedly wishing us good luck in the process ["let's give 'em something to talk about, a little mystery to figure out..."]

And if he's looking for a ghostwriter, I volunteer <lol>

[This message has been edited by Auburn Annie (edited January 23, 2003).]
Old 01-23-2003, 04:20 PM   #9
Auburn Annie

Well, he could always write something for his kids, if not for general consumption. What it was like growing up in Orillia, his parents, and gad, the road stories (for those old enough to read 'em <g> ) I don't know that he'd especially care to revisit his first marriage to Brita, as much out of respect for her feelings and their children as anything else. He may prefer to let the past stay in the past.
I can see him chuckling to himself as he leaves us to our own devices, reading through his songs like so many entrails as we search for some greater meaning, trying to untangle the threads of his life's tapestry in the music - and bemusedly wishing us good luck in the process ["let's give 'em something to talk about, a little mystery to figure out..."]

And if he's looking for a ghostwriter, I volunteer <lol>

[This message has been edited by Auburn Annie (edited January 23, 2003).]