banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2008, 02:51 AM   #501
joveski

Default Re: GL Lyrics fan(atics) fun quizzers and more !

> Q178....windowpane

In a windowpane

> Q180....gal

River Gal
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:33 AM   #502
geodeticman.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveski View Post
> Q178....windowpane

In a windowpane

> Q180....gal

River Gal
===========================
Hey Mende,

I know this one looked obvious, you got the ambig case believe it or not; I found it in a different intended song "Broken Dreams' ~gl, but,
you of course got the obvious one that DUUUHH I forgot about.... me and the UA period are not best acquainted, and therin lies the other half of the game to go ! I better get REAL acquainted ..lol..

skip the rigamarole - anyone wishes to challenge the obvious ; go ahead, its position is correct on song. Nice work Mende, and thanks for jogging my memory on the obvious to you, oblivious to me 2nite

Q178....windowpane
Song submitted:'In a windowpane'CONGRATULATIONS!
SUCCESSFULLY ANSWERED !

============================

> Q180....gal

River Gal ....hmmmm

Reply to Q180...gal

Song submitted: 'River Gal' . OK. This is a first. The song is not in the Wayne Francis Database - Lightfoot ! whereas Daisy-Doo was. Give me a little more context or lyrics or cd or Live only ? I gota have something to hang my hat on, and I intrinsically trust you, just help me with something. I CAN tell you its not the intended song; no matter, the intended song, if this peters out w/o more info, has easy secondary clues to it.
Pending your reply, Mende.Congrats on Q178
================================================== =====

Status as of this post, and updated in original listing of 5 , with BIG X meaning clues won!

Q176....a ghost....

Q177....pride....

Q178....windowpane X Won correctly by Joveski

Q179 And roses....

Q180....gal Status Pending by Joveski

R1....was wrong

" = R(arity)1
Note: "Rarities" this time are within the 1970 - 2008 time period, Domestic only, including previously unreleased songs that ARE in/on Songbook, and/or performed during the 1970 - 2008 in concert only. i.e. "Nova Scotia Farewell"

HAVE FUN !

Last edited by geodeticman.5; 10-19-2008 at 03:43 AM.
geodeticman.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #503
charlene

Q176 - ... a ghost ...
this might be too obvoius and be wrong:

Song - IYCRMM

lyric: (2x in song in this lyric example)

If you could read my mind, love,
What a tale my thoughts could tell.
Just like an old time movie,
About a ghost from a wishing well.

and also in IYCRMM:

And I will never be set free
As long as I'm a ghost that you can't see.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #504
formerlylavender

Q177 - She's Not the Same

"And there ain't much pride inside me"

Love this song...
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #505
joveski

River Gal is one of the WB demos..... here 'tis!

http://www.lightfoot.ca/rivergal.htm

River gal, river gal, won't you say you'll be my pal
Settle down now, be a good gal, it ain't gonna be long

Sit you down by my bed, downy pillow for my head
You believe now what I said, oh river gal

I'm a gambling man, you can see
Riverboat's been the death of me
I had a little ace card up my sleeve
Somebody found out

River gal, got no family, I don't know who'll bury me
Tell the coroner where I'll be, oh river gal

River gal, what's your name
Give me little drink to ease my pain
I promise I won't gamble again
Oh river gal

River gal, 'fore I go, kiss me once and whisper low
Tell me I'm the best man you ever knowed, oh river gal
Oh river gal
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:23 PM   #506
Oh, Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by geodeticman.5 View Post
Part 3 of 3 blabbert on Lyrics -
So, I hope it wasof some interest to some ppl, and of some use to you, Linda, on lyrics thoughts in general.
Yes indeed. Just had a chance to catch up with all 3 posts in detail. What I appreciate about being here, Geo Steve, is that we're all here to share in our appreciation for one of the great master story tellers of our time, and that alone makes it a welcoming place to check into now and then. Above all else, that's why I'm here.

The fact that this group has been together as long as it has tells me people really like it here and enjoy each other very much. Good-natured ribbing is usually a very good sign! And Char, you do such a nice job moderating this feisty bunch! I hope to meet some of you along the way as some recent concert-goers have on the west coast.

Regarding your comment on the life of any particular thread, I think this one will go on for quite a long while. I, for one, am enjoying it! If mine winds up on "Corfid's floor" that's ok....a short-lived thread is not a bad thing

Now then, yesterday I received a copy of "Beautiful, the Tribute to Gordon Lightfoot" CD I ordered online last week. I'm off to pop it in my CD player....anxious to hear new renditions on some very fine classics. Thanks Geo Steve. And thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Linda
Oh, Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #507
Oh, Linda

Oh yeah, I forgot about Q179 "And roses..." My immediate reaction was Pussywillows, Cattails. But then I quickly realized that doesn't quite meet the dot rules. For it to work, it would have to be "...and roses..." right Geo Steve?

Then later this afternoon while admiring the gorgeous fall colors here in southeast Michigan I started thinking about spring, and tulips (my fave flower). For some reason I recalled observing how early they sprang up in New York City when I lived just outside the city limits about ten years ago. As I thought about the contrast of soft flowers against the concrete backdrop I thought about, of all things, roses! Which led me to...

Cold Hands from New York.

Children ran and children played
And roses grew in alleyways~GL

Last edited by Oh, Linda; 10-19-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Oh, Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:37 AM   #508
geodeticman.5

Joveski, Char, and formerlyLavendar, please see notes to all 3 of U below:

Mende, as you have submitted to complete your pending post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveski View Post
River Gal is one of the WB demos..... here 'tis!

http://www.lightfoot.ca/rivergal.htm

You believe now what I said, oh river gal

I'm a gambling man, you can see
Riverboat's been the death of me
I had a little ace card up my sleeve
Somebody found out

River gal, got no family, I don't know who'll bury me
Tell the coroner where I'll be, oh river gal

River gal, what's your name
Give me little drink to ease my pain
I promise I won't gamble again
Oh river gal

River gal, 'fore I go, kiss me once and whisper low
Tell me I'm the best man you ever knowed, oh river gal
Oh river gal
(sic) -gl==================================================
Mende,

wow thank you...and boy do I feel stupid...lol...well your reply here warrants processing first, as you'd allready sumnitted this before the others did theirs, and its been pending..

Char, and formerlyLavendar, please allow the out-of-chronological order of processing Joveski's reply-to-his-pending status; as I requested more info on it to complete his novel find, hence I owe it to him and his patience to finish his formal response from me first ; in ALL fairness I am very confidant you two will understand the no-readily-apparent fairness of processing the rest of Mende's post right away; then yours. Thanks U 2.

OK Mende.

Mende, oh man I am sorry, and embarrassed, it was in my main reference datum for the game all along, in an area I had needed to consult yet, and also lacked the foresite to dump into my game prog database. - and I did you, the group, not to mention Wayne Francis a disservice in mis-stating saddenned reluctance over it not being there. oooOOPS " - there , maybe no one will recognize me now....until I talk or write...

So, in my characteriscially histrionic reply fashion to yours; by-contrast , carefuly considered words, and a laconic writer and I assume talker , meant in the best of ways, (the definition numbered choice of meaning in different contexts_: of few, but well considered and meaningful words, or in Webster's - Concise. (this Case)corfid Monks in brown robes, rope belts...... which...uhmm we ain't ! lol

So BIZ:

Clue submitting addendum fore: Q180....gal

a quick patch out of lyrics myself that qualifies, and matches a portion of generous submission above:
Lyrics perLightfoot! -source;courtesy ofWayne Francis

Song Title Submitted:River Gal
Lyrics per...soon to be in database:

Lyrics short patch submitted, as well as whole song above Mende submitted..

You believe now what I said, oh river
gal -gl

OK...You got it, I stand corrected and also I HAVE A NEW SOURCE TO LOOK IN FOR ADDING TO THE GAME DATABASE CLUE! CLUE! HINT ! HINT !

CORRECT ANSWER ! Ambig case that works !

Original song as intended:'You are What I Am'
Original song lyrics patch per database:

We never been blue
You got the combination gal
To keep me straight and tru

CONGRATULATIONS! Joveski !
================================================== ======
Here is the BIG X status list per this submission:
================================================== ======

Status as of this post, and updated in original listing of 5 , with BIG X meaning clues won!

Q176....a ghost....

Q177....pride....

Q179 And roses....

Q180....gal X Won correctly by Joveski

R1....was wrong

" = R(arity)1
Note: "Rarities" this time are within the 1970 - 2008 time period, Domestic only, including previously unreleased songs that ARE in/on Songbook, and/or performed during the 1970 - 2008 in concert only. i.e. "Nova Scotia Farewell"

HAVE FUN !
Old 10-20-2008, 01:01 AM   #509
geodeticman.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh, Linda View Post
Yes indeed. Just had a chance to catch up with all 3 posts in detail. What I appreciate about being here, Geo Steve, is that we're all here to share in our appreciation for one of the great master story tellers of our time, and that alone makes it a welcoming place to check into now and then. Above all else, that's why I'm here.

The fact that this group has been together as long as it has tells me people really like it here and enjoy each other very much. Good-natured ribbing is usually a very good sign! And Char, you do such a nice job moderating this feisty bunch! I hope to meet some of you along the way as some recent concert-goers have on the west coast.

Regarding your comment on the life of any particular thread, I think this one will go on for quite a long while. I, for one, am enjoying it! If mine winds up on "Corfid's floor" that's ok....a short-lived thread is not a bad thing

Now then, yesterday I received a copy of "Beautiful, the Tribute to Gordon Lightfoot" CD I ordered online last week. I'm off to pop it in my CD player....anxious to hear new renditions on some very fine classics. Thanks Geo Steve. And thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Linda
Linda. this is why I am here, too, as you said....

Thank you for all the kind words and thoughts.

But, I think you are underestimating, in humility, the longevity potential for your thread. As I mentioned in my Nebulous Award-Winning part 2 of 3, your
intrinsic re-invent concept on demand is your ace-in -sleeve to longevity.

This thread, on the otherhand, despite ppl enjoying some general conversation more, which I like, has a built-in ending - all the songs....in theory...it should at some point, when all 300+/- songs + a new (thanks to Menda )category I had not consideed - Unreleased and Publisher's Songs yet to go.

But it still has a built in limitation, all the songs, plus talk and some duplication that has occurred allready - due primarily to me thinking of clues of the top of my head - and what do I hear ? My favourites ! I am forceably - oh ! twist my arm - not ..lol..trying to cram the others by doing a listening marathon that you, Char, myself, and about 3 others have commented on in a favourable way - as in I'm glad I did it anyway - game or not - and "I hear songs in a whole new way now" - and variations,. I hear that now, several times from others, as you mentioned.

Good thoughts to plow forward with,thanks ! Your thread is great ! We could be mistakenly accused of being the 2 stores next door 2 each other forming both the Chamber of Commerce, and the Mutual Admiration Society,...lol... but I am sincere in what I say - yours has a lasting play to make whenever u need - shift themes ! They love it ! I can tell.... They come in here like a comfortable pair of shoes now...which isi nice, and enjoyable,.... but the shoes...are gonna wear out !. Yours, however, have replaceable souls and uppers ! Great concept !. But remember to spray them like bowling shoes, or.. yechh ! lol.....j/k.

And remember who the little ppl are.... I can say I knew you when you PLAYED IN HERE AND BING ! YOU HAD THE IDEA ...IN HERE.... BY YOUR STAR ON THE SIDEALK OUTSIDE THE THREAD..LOL..... tHANK lINDA - Have fun in there . I'll keep paying visits, and I will try to stop telling my mini novels !

Later - & kudos for just getting thru the 23,000 character 3 threads - current reviews pouring in like "23,000 characters - and all well -developed characterizations - believable words and commas ! We even start to like the mis-spelled words, they are typed with such... such poignant Welshmerttz ! lol okok enuff
Old 10-20-2008, 01:22 AM   #510
geodeticman.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
Q176 - ... a ghost ...
this might be too obvoius and be wrong:

Song - IYCRMM

lyric: (2x in song in this lyric example)

About a ghost from a wishing well.

and also in IYCRMM:

And I will never be set free
As long as I'm a ghost that you can't see.
Hi Char, in short slam-dunk style hybrid sorta -

Clue as submitted:Q176 - ... a ghost.... ,correct

Song submitted:IYCRMM ~gl
Song per database:'Ordinary Man' ~gl
- believe it not ! I had a habit this 6 of doing classic lyrics, from unexpected songs, and did not even realize it...until the
song classics started rolling in .....

So, lyrics submitted:
About
a ghost from a wishing well.
SUCCESSFULLY ANSWERED !
CONGRATULATIONS! - Char ! Nicely done....

to udate the status, I suggest we change the name of the bar from Sundown Saloon or Lighthead Saloon ! to....The BIG X ! - Western, of course.
================================================== ========

Q176....a ghost.... X Won correctly by Char

Q177....pride....

Q179 And roses....

R1....was wrong

" = R(arity)1

HAVE FUN !
Old 10-20-2008, 01:51 AM   #511
geodeticman.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlylavender View Post
Q177 - She's Not the Same

"And there ain't much pride inside me"

Love this song...
Man I am getting slammed by great ambigs this set .... great songs that should have come to mind by my lyrics from lesser known songs have been the almost-consistant norm for the ambiguous cases winning the clues today !!

Thanks for the submission , formerlyLavendar

Clue as submitted: ---
Clue ,per database:Q177....pride....
Song submitted:'She's Not the Same' ~gl
Song per database:'Circle of Steel' ~gl
Says look here child
Your father's
pride was his means to provide
And he's serving three years for that reason

Lyrics as submitted:
"And there ain't much pride inside me
For submiited song'She's Not the Same' ~gl:
I'm a little uneasy
And there ain't much
pride inside me

SUCCESSFULLY ANSWERED !
CONGRATULATIONS! formerlyLavender!

Q177....pride.... X Won correctly by formerlyLavender

Q179 And roses....

R1....was wrong

" = R(arity)1

HAVE FUN !

Last edited by geodeticman.5; 10-20-2008 at 01:54 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:08 AM   #512
geodeticman.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh, Linda View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot about Q179 "And roses..." My immediate reaction was Pussywillows, Cattails. But then I quickly realized that doesn't quite meet the dot rules. For it to work, it would have to be "...and roses..." right Geo Steve?

Then later this afternoon while admiring the gorgeous fall colors here in southeast Michigan I started thinking about spring, and tulips (my fave flower). For some reason I recalled observing how early they sprang up in New York City when I lived just outside the city limits about ten years ago. As I thought about the contrast of soft flowers against the concrete backdrop I thought about, of all things, roses! Which led me to...

Cold Hands from New York.

Linda - corect on the dots rule and your correctly ruling out
Pussywillows, Cattails. for that reason.

Linda, not only an astute observation that led you away from a Gong, but steered you to, in short, the song .
That rhymed, and I did not know I had iambic pentameter , I better see the doctor.

BTW - very picturasque description of SE Michigan Autumn, and Tulips,both THERE and IN NY, as I read it ? , the stark backdrop of concrete with tulips is pretty strong imagery, I can see why you like much of Lightfoots imagery-based lyrics... I like the evergreens and mountains, snow, and blue-sky imagery in nature in his lyrics - I can smell the pines, feel the wind, and bask in the snow-caps imagery on a hot summer day.

And you know, there is, all joking aside, nothing feminine or masculine per se about nature at all, that is something I have never heard discussed B4 in here, tho it probably has, that of his lyrics,when prosaic ,i.e. Roses and dewdrops, etc., only a man who is lacking in self-confidance would IMO be intimidated by that. Gord is definately , from a man's point of view, by no means feminine, and he is not intimidated to write about well, pretty things in nature.. I admire that. Hmm.. Had not thought of that... Did I read your visuals right ?

You imagined roses against the stark backdrop of the concrete .. was it a 7 bag mix ? Or smoother ? Troweled, or broomed anti-slip ? Expansion. Contraction oakum expansion joints -? come on girl - we need guy details, too ! lol j/k-

=================================================
btw- you got it, slam-dunk reply form:
===========================================
So, you posted this for

Clue: Q179 "And roses..." - right.

Cold Hands from New York. ~gl -yup -exactly the intended song.

Your submitted lyrics:

Check against database lyrics:
Children ran and children played And roses grew in alleyways, I saw them - yup got it !
-Cold Hands From New York ~gl -match-

CONGRATULATIONS! Linda !

And now, we hook a boot-heel on the rail at the BIG X SALOON:

Q179And roses.... X Won correctly by Oh,Linda!

R1....was wrong

" = R(arity)1

HAVE FUN !

Last edited by geodeticman.5; 10-20-2008 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:41 AM   #513
jj

Quote:

R1....was wrong

" = R(arity)1
r1: was wrong

tune: 2 crazy kids

lyric (reference material required):
"mother told me this would never last, she said it was wrong"

..this was a Salute out take - joveski shared a live version mp3 of this
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #514
geodeticman.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj View Post
r1: was wrong

tune: 2 crazy kids

lyric (reference material required):
"mother told me this would never last, she said it was wrong"

..this was a Salute out take - joveski shared a live version mp3 of this
Cool ! I have not heard it. I believe ya. For the sake of other players knowing I authenticated it with veracity, let me check out a quick source BRB. Thats so stupid of me to say in a temporal-turned-static post.
a hahahaha....err...uhh..

- that means its time for geo-steve to dream in map-land.....over the ridges and down thru the cayons... of multi-variate spontaneous physiotopographic-genesis on sub-conscious demand...through landcapes of a full-bundle least-squares best fit of Veronoi polygons and dirichlet tessellation..and rugosities of thiessen triangulated sampling where all natural curves enter a cartesian space of no curves in changing elevation ----only increasingly dense eg quad-tree geometric patch sampling of under-a-curve fit, and resampled by projection vertically up to a "tent" convex hull, and re-projection down through a series of 8th-order polynomial expansions into planar-facet-only topologically integrated surface data stored in to dimensional non-co-planar attached chained quadrilaterals formed of Euclidian Thiessen triangular polygons, ready to be temporally-portrayed on demand as a virtual "smart-surface; even though I may be not; where, subject to display granulation, a parabolic or hyperbolic curve will be fit visualy between vertices of node-link connectivity.....er..stated otherwise...time to dream of the map I read as I drift off to sleep in bed, and walk-thru the landscape in my mind; shlep a weightless pack in my asleep mind, and effortlessly and unencumbered by oxygen insufficiency, and no-load-limitations in zero-gravity ,and wearing a Berton sleep-sweater with built-in inflatable neck pillow with a cervical spine hollow in it , and the blackened eye-shield rotates down over my eyes, and the built in pre-wired Ipod pocket comes out at a headphone jack at the collar and I sleep in my mental landscape of alpine splendor by a tourmaline-coloured lakelet MY map says is there...and MY campsite right by the water-elon snow at the toe of the perennial snowfield MY map says is there....listening to Lightfoot.and for the night.....Natalie-Cole comes out of nowhere singing 'That Sunday, That Summer" ahhh if only real topography could spontaneously change to match a pre-determined model of it " -sigh-

Oh - jj's submission, BRb err.. sorry I'll a . be..a..right back..

ALLRIGHTY THEN - jj you're the man - here it is... man would I pay a price to have a few CD's of GL' s publisher's demos and unreleased songs contained in Wayne's World - Thanks for turning me on to that three-clicks away I never stumbled into when checking lyrics - thats why I guess, I never started there... here it is, as you said:, I'll chop the whole thing down , especially the guitar chords-laden top of the song as follows:

------------------Two Crazy Kids ~gl-------------------

On my honor I can say it's true, I had a real good time
Slowing down was not the thing to do
I can't wait until I'm old and gray, I got love on my mind
I'm on a one-way ticket and the lady makes two

CHORUS
Two crazy kids in the world out there
Not much worse for the wear and tear
Anyway, that's where it's at

Vancouver was a beautiful ride and Kalamazoo too
I had a little aggravation in between
We took a ride on the bus one day and we never returned
We got a little mixed up if you know what I mean
CHORUS

Mother told me this would never last, she said it was wrong
She said being lazy would not help
She said I was a problem child, but what can you do
But lighten up your load and tighten up your belt

CHORUS

Let in the dog and let out the cat
Anyway that's where it's at
Let in the dog and let out the cat

unintended, but very successful and worthy lyrics-san.

intended song:

It's Too Late, He Wins ~gl

The days may come, the days may go
Like the dreams of love that we shared so long ago
It's the time, it's the place to realize that I
was wrong
It's too late, he wins and it's there that you be long

CONGRATULATIONS! Its not too late, you win this Clue, and gave me a new tune to hum all week !

Now, the ceremonial walk into the BIG X Saloon. Belly up the bar, hook a heel,
and I'll by the first round. The choices are red-eye, red-eye, red-eye, and
sarsaparilla, the way them fancy folks back east spell it. "I" always called it
sasparilla, but whenever I order it, Hoss' double over there beats the cr88 out a me"
..lol

Final status:

Status as of this post, and finishing the original listing of "5+1" , with BIG X meaning clues won!

Q179And roses.... X Won correctly by Oh,Linda!

R1....was wrong X Won correctly by jj

5 +1 New Songs coming up today. Sometime. It'll be there. Keep yer britches on lads. I've got some topo work to do
Old 10-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #515
geodeticman.5

HERE THEY ARE: 5 NEW SONGS MONDAY + 1 RARITY: Including Publisher's Demo's; Unreleased Songs, and any other 1970 -2008 song with verifiable printed Lyrics on Line. Enjoy !

BIG X means song successfully answered
================================================== ====
Q181....bell....

Q182....climb....

Q183....rain

Q184....lake

Q185 I never....

R2 One last....

* = R(arity)2

* Note: "Rarities" this time are within the 1970 - 2008 time period, Domestic only, including previously unreleased songs that ARE in/on Songbook, and/or Publisher's Demo's or Unreleased Songs 1970 - 2008,Example: "AN OLD FRIEND", that may be found in: Wayne Francis' Site- Lightfoot!, subheading "UnReleased Songs; Subheading "Publisher's Demo's"; Subheading , scolled to find = 'AN OLD FRIEND' (Example) - A "veritable cornucopia" of songs and their lyrics. Why are all cornucopias 'Veritable' ? - Did the Pilgrims have early buggy and cart-chasing attorneys ? lol. Since these were brought to at leasr rudimentary recorded level for Producer's discussions for an "album's" = 8 - 11 songs in LP days, and oddly still 8 - 17 + for a CD, we ought to all write EMP and implore of them at Rhino or Lines or Evven an Indie Lightfoot Label - Since
he is admirably
"A Painter Passing Through" - (the underground) - why not start his own Indie Label, now that his contractual obligations are met with Warner and affiliates ? Perhaps there is on in herant culpability with Indie Labels and deep pockets, notunlike needing the protection of a LLC, or a broader corporate liability umbrella - I suspect that is it. I sincerely doubt any perception of Prestige lost is outside of Lightfoot's personal needs, I'd guess. Then again, is that what Linus on Harmony was? Is it an Indie ? I thought they ere a subsidiary of Warner, and HARMONY was his 20 th contractual album, yes ?

HAVE FUN !
Old 10-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #516
formerlylavender

Q183 - Looking at the rain
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:22 PM   #517
Jesse Joe

Q181....bell....

Song: Let It Ride

Lyric: Hear the steeple bell ring out
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #518
charlene

Q185 I never....
SONG - IYCRMM
Lyric - I never thought (knew) I could feel this way and I've got to say that I just don't get it
Old 10-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #519
charlene

To clarify Lavenders answer:

Q183 - ...rain

Song - Looking at the Rain

Lyric:
Waiting for a line to fall
Telling you it's all a big mistake
But the words won't come,I know I'd feel the same
Looking at the rain
Old 10-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #520
charlene

Q182 - ...climb...

Song - Pony Man

Lyric:
And when we are assembled he gives a soft command
And we climb aboard our ponies as in a row they stand
Old 10-20-2008, 07:21 PM   #521
Jesse Joe

Char is on fire !

Way to go Charlene, show them who's BOSS here... lol !
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:38 AM   #522
geodeticman.5

Just 2 to go out of this 5 +1 R = Q184, + &R 2 are not submitted yet.

I'll slam-dnk reply all 6 of the above when a shot at those 2 comes in, then,
9 NEW REGULAR Q's plus 1 RARITY : R3 WILL BE POSTED IMMEDIATELY AFTER

KEEP HAVING FUN !
Old 10-23-2008, 05:20 AM   #523
jj

Quote:
Just 2 to go out of this 5 +1 R = Q184, + &R 2 are not submitted yet.
R2 - One last...

song: the last hand

phrase: "One last" hand and I'll be settling down

(tough one, had to use your reference material hint...)

Q184 - ...lake

song: On Yonge St.

phrase: Everywhere you go in a city by the "lake"

Last edited by jj; 10-23-2008 at 05:22 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:27 AM   #524
geodeticman.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj View Post
R2 - One last...

song: the last hand

phrase: "One last" hand and I'll be settling down

(tough one, had to use your reference material hint...)

Q184 - ...lake

Yup -U GOT 'em both ! - I'll formalize this later jj , thanks !

nEXT I'll do an en masse reply to all submits TO FORMALIZE 'EM lest there be those who would have me be-headed, then I'll post 10 new SONGS !

Note - this edit/update to include the Q184 RESPONSE COMMENT was pending/post at c 5 am, when my router/multiplexer wifi LinkSys bullsh88 went down just as the little turqoise ring started spinning, Took a router re-boot and a sys reboot. Sorry to fall behind you near real-time responses jj !

Last edited by geodeticman.5; 10-23-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:32 AM   #525
jj

Quote:
Yup -U GOT IT NOW JUST 1 TO RESPOND 2 - I'll formalize this later jj , thanks !

After Q184 IS replied 2, I'll do an en masse reply to all submits, then 10 new
"check, check", maybe my mic isn't working...I'll try again:

Q184 - ...lake

Tags
folk-legend, geodeticman, gordon lightfoot, lyrics, quiz