View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 08:09 AM   #12
B45-12

Hi to Jesse-Joe and Charlene. I gotta say that I didn't think for one second I could sneak in here with the B45-12 handle undetected. Gordon is so identified with that Gibson model. Probably more so than any other Artist with any instrument. If you mention the name Stratocaster, Jimi, Eric and Stevie Ray all come to mind...but so do about a thousand others.
I hope that I can make it to Massey. Never been, and have wanted to for a long time. Although I did say that I have played guitar for 46 years - honestly(?) if you heard me play - it sounds like only 45. (pause for laughter) Seriously, I am no Tony Rice, but I can find my way around the neck and do a few cool things. Spent most of my time accompanying vocals. On another subject...I was one of the lucky ones I guess. I stopped in just in time to view the YouTube of "My Love For You" - then it was gone. I was so pleased to see him perform that song after all these years. There is some tricky phrasing and tempos here and there, and of course Gordon just nailed it! Well, it's 6 a.m. and I am off to work. Good day to ALL!