View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #10
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default Re: PBS Made in Chicago 1973- Wow!

OK I have to admit hearing a recording of the 10 June 1972 Royal Albert Hall,London concert during which Gord introduces both Terry Clements and Red Shea

and I do somewhere have a clipping from the BBC Radio Times
detailing Gord's 1972 television appearance,
I supplied a photocopy of it to Wayne Francis in 1997
which is precisely why he was able to say on
http://www.lightfoot.ca/tvappear.htm

"GORDON LIGHTFOOT IN CONCERT - BBC - 1972
This program titled "Gordon Lightfoot In Concert" aired on January 22, 1972 at 11 PM. Accompanied by Red Shea and Rick Haynes, Lightfoot performs Summer Side Of Life; Saturday Clothes; For Loving Me; Affair On Eighth Avenue; If You Could Read My Mind; Steel Rail Blues; Ten Degrees And Getting Colder and Early Morning Rain. The show only ran for 35 minutes, so it was certainly filled to the brim with music! "

which he copied verbatim from my clipping
Strangely I have no recollection of actually watching that show although I did watch one the previous year and recorded the audio (this was long before affordable domestic Video Cassette Recorders kiddies!!) from the TV set's loudspeaker a stonkingly superb version of "Farewell To Nova Scotia" that is streets ahead of the tame one on the La Cave,Cleveland bootleg followed by Miguel

Regarding Chicago 1973 I have never seen any positive evidence of the accompanying video.
but for anybody burning CD from the sugarmegs download I have uploaded a page of artwork:-

http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/LIGHTFO...icago_1973.htm

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote