View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 12:01 AM   #18
Acadia

Default Re: Meadowbrook Gilford, NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
Well, I've written a couple of songs with lyrics, but they were so corny I trashed them. I've written a couple of guitar instrumentals, one of which is on my CD. Toronto in May was inspired by Lightfoot's Massey Hall concerts in 2001, which I had the pleasure to attend.

Yes, there is a lot of wilderness between here and Bangor. There are a couple of small cities... Caribou, Presque Isle, Houlton. In between those towns, the landscape is either forest or potato fields.

I'm not doing any shows. In 2005 I had a ruptured brain aneurysm that really set me back, and I've just started playing guitar again, after being urged by someone that I really admire to work at it.

Cathy
Yes I noticed that a number of times, both driving and flying up there--all those fields, it almost looks like parts of the midwest from above. People tend to forget that Maine has that.

Oh, I am hoping your return to playing goes very well, and that is motivating for everyone who has faced a set back of any kind. Both you and Mr. Lightfoot are keeping the music going. Thank you so much for sharing that.
Acadia is offline   Reply With Quote