View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default And now for something completely different from the City of the Angels

This obviously has to go in Small Talk despite the fact that it
is partly Gord related in the sense that it is excitingly good music
I was bowled over by one of the entries in Tuesday evening's America's Got Talent.basically I have given up hope of seeing any worthwhile or interesting talent on either of the three such shows. The Voice is decidedy boring with strings of hopelessly under-talented characters, many with odd hairdos etc being praised by the same remarks over and over by the panel. Idol seems to have thankfully faded out but on Tuesday I marvelled as a choir of over one hundred gathered on the stage they then mysteriously began hand movements and then somehow the audience got in on the act then came the familiar song "Africa" (whose original version by the group Toto has long been one of my favoUrites.
Afterwards I realised that I had seen one of those magical television musical events on a par with the quite unexpected intermission in Dublin at the 1994 Eurovision Song Contest when Riverdance was sprung on an unsuspecting audience.Today I found that a video of the choir had been uploaded to YouTube and I considered that it was worh presenting on corfid.i hope that many of you will enjoy it

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote