View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 09:49 AM   #40
geodeticman.5

Default Re: One single line of lyrics makes the song much better

Char !

I can't believe you did that reference from Mountains and Marianne ! lol

You won't believe this, but I had my young, and VERY precocious niece "Lil' Margaret" - to distinguish her from my mother-in-law Margaret, sitting on my lap in front of the Computer. I was showing her a few vistories, then a few pages where there a few maps I made, and explanations with my name, and we sounded out my name together. She said then, "thatsth (missing front teeth) you, Uncle thteve, you're sthilly...'...lol (she's 7, I think....1st or 2nd grade...and way-good on reading... and reads very well for her age). So then I keyed into corfid, let her pick a thread really just by clicking it - that was more fun than anything, and this thread and page popped up.

She calls GL music "George music" - because everytime our friend George used to come over to Merry and my house, he'd play Lightfoot, and she heard him a few times and associates Gord's voice with George; hence the George music.

Well, in this thread, we are reading a few posts together, I pre-screened them , so far so good, harmless, the she starts sounding out yours Char on "Hot-blooded mountain love and so forth", and I try to steer her away from that one, the way she asks Q's and insists on knowing what she reads means (which is good...but..lol) she kept pulling my finger back on to your post, moving it word by word as she sounded out everything, no matter my attempts to dissuade her, she'd start mock-crying...and she'd start getting red-faced with a little "put-on" Shirley Temple-style mock anger, and when she read yours, I thought I'd just say it was simply about nice love.... awwwww but Noooo

She says "Uncle Steve, you're turning red and acting silly, what does this mean, and she points again to hot-blooded mountain love...after she sounded it out... so i try again "well sweety see its about real nice people that love each other, , thats all... "Uncle Steve....WHAT DOES Hot Bloodeed Mountain Love MEAN . DID someone skin their knees and have a boo-booo ?(oh boy...)

Char - what was I supposed to say ?
Earlier I had told my sister-in-law, Renee , that when we were gonna look at the 'Puter..as Lil' Margaret says, I'd show her only safe stuff, and I thought I could count on Corfid for sure to avoid an embarrassment, and some George Music ..... but NOOOOOO lol

Oh man the discussion later at the dinner table "Uncle Stheve says, that, that theres thith man. who loves thith very nithe woman... and I GOT TO READ WHAT UNCLE thEVE DIDN'T WANT ME TO READ...and all it was was somebody skinned their knees and got a boo boo.....he hehe he...and Uncle theve was ALL RED IN THE FACE, HE WAS THILLY.. ! mOMMY CAN i SHOW YOU THE GEORGE MUSIC 'PUTER WORDS i READ ? uNCLE tHTEVE DIDNLT WANT ME TOO, BUT i COULD ANYWAY,..CAUTHE YOU THAID THO EARLIER Mommy, (Renee Loves Gordon , too, Minnesotoans....)She shot me alook at the dinner table of "what in the HELL did you have her reading you stupid oaf!!!" er uhh eruuh yeah it was just about boo-boos on their knees, er I mean his knee, no ... her knee... one of ;em... no biggee... and she looks at me angry at first, Lil' Margaret is holding both hands over her mouth seeing she instigated something, but she wasn't sure what.......and started giggling and forgot the whole thing.......phew....

Until desert. In the kitchen. I made my move to get out of there (when woman are in the kitchen they DON'T want men in their way, right/ NOOooo...

She (Renee) starts waggling the cake knife while she's grilling me..
but.... but.. no you see... she ... i tried to... but ..but she kep reading it.....
she doesn;t know.... and their really wasn;t anything bAD AT ALL in it..... "then why was she giggling and you ooked down at your food ?" -because I was embarrassed that she saw me turning red, hoping she wouldn't notice I was trying to get her to not read this real nice lady moderator CHAR's post about apretty Lightfoot song, it was totally harmless... unh hunhhh,, oh-man oh0man.... I am really in it now

.... Uncle thteve, protector of good kids eyes and ears,,,,, oh well... it really was OK of course,,,its just she knew I ws embarrased aboout something...... thats all that was funny to her....nothihg bad about boo-boo's, no,no, I MEAN bloody knees, or I mean a bloody knee thats all.... going back out in hallway... you know the song Mountains and Marianne, its totally harmless...... then why were you embarrased ?/? huh ? great, Steve.,...

CHAR !!!!! DANG IT... PURVEYOR and Moderator of decency, goodness, and the ...north American way !! and George Music, I mean Lightfoot ! DANG it.....

You got me in good on this one.....lol....oh boy lol