View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #73
podunklander

Default Re: Red Sox Nation Rules!!!!!

VERY KEWL!!! In fact, I was supposed to go see/visit the trophy at 5:30 today at my son's college...but due to the snow, it's been cancelled. BUMMER. We're hoping it gets rescheduled SOON...but exams are next week and my son's concerned that he'll miss out on seeing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Joe View Post

Red Sox coming to N.S.

the canadian press Published Wednesday December 12th, 2007
Appeared on page C1

HALIFAX - It may be the middle of hockey season, but baseball will be the focus when Boston Red Sox team officials bring the World Series trophy to Nova Scotia next month.

The Bluenose Bosox Brotherhood, a fan club of the team in Nova Scotia, has convinced the Red Sox to include the province on the trophy's tour.
Brooke Taylor, a member of the legislature, said last night the visit will include a stop in Province House.
He said it looks like the trophy will be here Jan. 8-9.
Taylor said he doesn't believe any current players will make the trip, but a former player might. Names being kicked around include former pitchers Bill (Spaceman) Lee and Jim Lonborg.
The Red Sox enjoy a huge fan following in the Maritimes. An official with the Red Sox media relations office confirmed the trip is on, but had no details.
The Red Sox swept the Colorado Rockies in this year's World Series for their second title in four years. Their 2004 championship ended an 86-year drought