View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 02:42 AM   #37
Andy T.

Send a message via AIM to Andy T.
Default Re: NEW BOOK!-ONCE UPON A RED EYE-Life on the road with Gordon Lightfoot-Richard Hari

Dang, I never meant it to come off that way. I never DISLIKED the Byrds! I just never got into them. But except some songs from the Gene Parsons/Clarence White era of the band, I never knew them beyond the tracks played on the radio. Those were fine enough that I would listen to them. But never strong enough that I actively sought out anything beyond them. I am not a 'hater' of the band by any means, and Richards' apt description of the various incarnations the band had are quite right, to the point where it's hard to categorize the band! I tend to lean towards liking "earthy" music, more like bluegrass and country rock, which is why my fandom of the Eagles ends when Bernie Leadon left. As for the Byrds, I simply never got into them, if I had I probably would be a fan. It's not like I don't have rare musical tastes, I am a huge fan of the late 60/early 70s psychedelic/progressive UK band Kaleidoscope/Farifield Parlour, and vocalist Nicky James (Mike Nicholls) from that era, both of which are nearly unknown in the USA.