View Single Post
Old 05-23-2000, 03:42 PM   #20
bobo

Wow this is a great topic. The best thing about the Lightfoot movie would be the musical score, no doubt! I have no idea who could do him justice, to be honest, but I think that it should not be a requirement that he look just like Gord. Let's face it, the movies about Elvis' life that cast some no-talent look alike are never very good. I think it's more important that our star can capture that Lightfoot mystique.

As far as a Edmund Fitzgerald movie goes, I have longed dreamed of that coming to fruition! It's interesting that Chuck mentions Connery playing a role in a possible film on the subject, since he is my favorite actor, and I've long thought it would be great to see him in a film inspired by a Lightfoot song.

The closest thing so far was the Molly Maguires, where Sean Connery played a coal miner in Pennsylvania, rebelling against the 'Big Business' that kept his character, Jack Kehoe breaking his back for petty wages. The whole story would be perfectly complimented by 'Boss Man'.

bobo is offline   Reply With Quote