View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 05:11 PM   #55
Borderstone

Bill,we obviuosly mean something to Gordon or else he would not have thanked "the net people" at one of his recent concerts.

Gordon has also been around long enough to know that we (not just us here on the site but others as well) as fans mean very much to him. Without fans or as I used to say "avid listners",of his music,what would his songwriting and music mean to anyone but himself and those that truly are closest to him and in his inner circle?

What if he had not become famous in Canada? He'd be a blue collar worker wondering,"what if" this had happened or "maybe if I'd done this differently".

Believe me Bill,we mean something to him,not on a close knit personal level but in a univeral sense that,all his fans are friends because they like him for his words,his music and just who he is. ...and in Canada,I know it means even more than that.

Those are my feelings about it and I usually don't say things like this but on this one occaision I will....I know in my heart I am right. Later!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote