View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #24
jj

Default Re: Lightfoot Celebration @ Hugh's Room-January 2013

You should be given a front row seat every show. You provide keepsakes for Jory and Hugh's every year instead of just sitting back and relaxing. I know I couldn't sit in a chair for 5 hours but am sorry I missed the cello vibe for starters!

Nice summary! Lol. I like Matt's line even though I think the song is about a small town like Orillia. Maize is quirky. Goes back to blue rodeo connections and of course Skydiggers. I think Spin Spin worked. Remind me of Steven Page convulsions in BNL performances

Like the piano and whining guitar in Not Supposed to Care. Tempo too. Nice voice

Jory and Aengus should do new Gord songs every year. Like Lori. I'd like to have heard her anything for Love rendition.

I have full database of all songs from each year somewhere and will update it thanks to your write ups! I imagine artists get to keep all cd sale proceeds. $50 a song ain't bad and you can't put a price on the exposure. It's a tough genre to survive in especially without Factor or provincial arts council funding and CBC airplay. Many taxpayers object to support the arts.

Glad you enjoyed Russel. I thought he might do Dreamland (country)

I hope the boys were there for Sunday. Great pals all uniting on a cold Canuck night cheers, char!
jj is offline   Reply With Quote