View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
Affair on Touhy Ave.

Default Re: Throwing Litter On The Ground, Especially Cigarrtee Buts.

Thought I'd revive this again.

Last night I was at a neighborhood park and some teen girls or young women were smoking and though their cigarette butts on the ground. There were already several of them there.

So I did and somewhat odd thing.

I went up to them politely and asked them about the the Gulf Oil Spill. Funny they did say anything about it.

I then nicely pointed out their actions, pointed out the other garbage on the ground asking, "Do you really not see anything wrong with this picture?" Also I asked the questions I posted in the threads in my first post.

No one said much about the rest of my comentary, though one said something like, '' They should have ash trays in the parks." I said, Like I said before, break off the piece that's still burning or wait till it goes out and put it back in your purse or cigarette pack."

Well that was it and I walked away but remained in the park a while longer.

Interestingly enough, they were all drinking something and they through there cups in the can.

Maybe I did make a difference in their thinking and maybe not.

Of course what I wonder if I went up to 10 other people asking them their litering, wonder how many might end up reconsidering their actions vs. those who wouldn't?

Last edited by Affair on Touhy Ave.; 08-08-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Affair on Touhy Ave. is offline   Reply With Quote