View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
geodeticman.5

Default Re: Lightfoot shirts w/o copywrite infringement

Moose, regarding:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Actually if you have a computer & a printer you can make your own. Walmart sells fabric sheets you use with an inkjet printer and then sew onto a T shirt. It works well for a child but would probably look tacky on an adult - I would be more inclined to make a unique "Lightfoot Fan" shoulder patch, or a neat tote bag.

I asked a lawyer friend about copyright infringement when I started making my kids T shirts promoting their favorite books. I was told that yes, it was copyright infringement but as long as I was not making money off my projects, it was very unlikely anyone would object to free publicity.
You guys have convinced me that I would not be breaking a "corfid code of Gord honor" (I just coined that term - marcus registradus my gluteus maximus TM 2013 )

I'm definately going to make, have made, or buy a cafepress sneaky-around-the-edges-of-copywrite pre-made t-shirt,or all 3,LOL. Thanks!