View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 05:24 PM   #46
Gord H

Quote:
Originally posted by seahawk11:
Hi Minstral, thanks for the clues...yes, when I attempted to create the directory I had to 'announce' it with this line: http://bt.dimeadozen.org/announce.php. Here is where I am at. I have a folder on my computer called 'GL-Chicago-1973'. Inside it are 16 WAV files (I know, you said convert them to FLAC or whatever, but I am so frustrated the heck with it)
Hi there, I have mastered the art of creating torrents and I'll let you in on something. There is a converting program called DbPoweramp... www.dbpoweramp.com. Download that and you also want to download the Flac codec as well as the SHN codec.

Dbpoweramp is freeware. It integrates itself into Windows do when you right click on a track, it will say "convert to" then you make your choice. And then it does it.

I use a program called MakeTorrent2 which is also freeware. Basically you go to the folder where your SHN or FLAC files are located and you hold down the CTRL button down and select ALL of the files you have in that folder. When it asks you where you want to save the torrent file, you save it where the SHN files are.

Now when you go to Dimeadozen, upload the torrent you have just created. When that is done, you have to DOWNLOAD it back into the folder where you originally created the torrent file, it will be overwritten and then quickly checked and it will say success and then before ya know it people will be grabbing it.

Hope this helps :D
Gord H is offline   Reply With Quote