View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 06:26 AM   #1
geodeticman

Send a message via AIM to geodeticman

OOPS i accidently replied to my own posting - duhhhh newbie hilarities.
Here is what I meant to post on the forum proper:

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Forgive me while I learn to use this forum properly and reply to each in relevent form. In absence of this yet, I hope this will temporarily suffice. If you'll all permit, a few questions
were handed my way in reply to my test posting, and I'll summarize the answers to a few comments that seemed prevelant from several:

my handle - geodeticman . OK it (the answer) is boring, but I heard some realfun speculation on this. A few of you mixed up "geodeSic" with my "geodeTic". My profile shows me as a.. oh boy...GIS Mapping Scientist. in real english - computer map maker, analyst, programmer, and - here it is - GeodeTic surveyor. its origin - the subject of geodesy, is the study of the size and shape of the earth, its topography, and its gravity variations. Not to be confused with "geodesic" which while mathematically overlapping, is the construct that one of you thought I meant - i.e Bucky Fuller's geodesic dome and great historic objects you pulled some
fun pics on.

I really did not mean to walk my GL brethren into my (yawn) technical
life , but the Q's were interesting on my name.

Yes Iron,
you and the rest CAN call me GEO or - I like the other asked of - G-man - I've
always been government employed. (boo's and jeers and rotten vegetables being
pelted lol ).

Borderstone - the new song from Songbook, or are you a fellow surveyor or geodesique ? ?

Thanks to those of you who responded regarding my recovering from brain injury ,
I will soon figure out how to reply to each of you in turn in the multitude of
ways the forum offers. For now please foorgive my bolloxed-up replies in the
wrong fashion; poor memory (the head injury) and thans so much for the warm welcome by all.

- "the power in this no-man's land of chance is the someone who knows what they're do'in.
- paraphrased maybe - I used in a graduation address. Believe it or not, some GL fan's evidently graduating back then in the assembly revealed they new the song of origin - and hollered out various Gord-isms. You may all now shoot me for the most loquacious verbal holocaust in a chat room. just wanted to answer a few Q's and tip-o-the-hat to all who welcomed me. - G-man aka Geo-man aka ZZZzzzzz
geodeticman is offline   Reply With Quote