View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #22
paskatefan

Default Re: ASTON PA-July 19,2014

^ Thanks, Char - one little correction - I'm "Gail" (Schwartz) from Phila., PA. We brought our friend, Andy, to the concert with us. It was her first time seeing Gordon, but we figured she'd like him (considering we all like Peter, Paul, & Mary, & James Taylor, among others - our musical tastes are VERY similar), and she was VERY impressed with him in the concert, and as a person! Her pics are not ready yet - I am really looking forward to seeing them & adding them to ours. It's a privilege to introduce friends to the pleasures of Gordon & his music. Our seats were slightly over to the left of center - 5th row, which worked out very well. Usually we try to get dead center seats. The only problem with that, is that our view of Barry is blocked. This time no problem. I love the whole band, but I confess that I have a soft spot for Barry. I smiled @ him. I think he saw us in the audience, and I think he smiled back to us! I'm the nutty fan who always goes nuts when Gord sings "Sea of Tranquility," so if anyone heard someone reacting to that, it was probably me. I think Carter has fit into the band so well, and I'm glad he gets his chance to shine in his solos.

Oh, one more lovely tidbit I must share with you. About three years ago, I found a big book in our elementary school's reading room. It was called The Big Fitz, & it was about the Edmund Fitzgerald. I asked the reading teacher if she had a copy to share, so I could give it to Gordon. Well, not only did she let me have that copy, she let me have 2 copies of it. So I gave one to Gordon @ a concert about 3 years ago, explaining the situation behind it. I kept the other copy as a keepsake, and the whole band autographed it. When we got to talk to Gordon after the Saturday night show, he thanked me profusely for that book! He thought it was an amazing conversation piece, and, apparently was very touched by it. Another reason to adore this humble, talented man!

Last edited by paskatefan; 07-24-2014 at 06:34 PM.
paskatefan is offline   Reply With Quote