View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 05:16 PM   #28
charlene

Default Re: MARCH DATES-RESCHEDULED show dates posted..

PHONE CALL - STATEMENT FROM GORDON: Gordon just called me from his home (March 20,2015 @ 4:47 pm) and we had a grand chat.. He wants to say thanks for the well wishes and hi to all the fans. He also wants to clear up the issue of his recent illness. It was NOT food poisoning. He was very, very concerned that the restaurant would get a bad name and I assured him that there was never a mention of a restaurant name nor owner. He was pleased to hear that. I also told him that the food poisoning story came from one of the venues he was to be performing at when they spoke with fans who called and on their website. The health issue has been resolved, he was in hospital in Hamilton (where he was in 2002) for three days and is now doing great. He certainly sounded fabulous and full of energy and I told him so. I love to see his name on the Caller ID on the phone and TV ..makes my heart stop..lol.. It's always great to hear, "Hi Char!" It's me Gordon!..." especially when it's a SURPRISE call...

I mentioned to him what a beautiful first day of spring we're having here in TO and he seemed surprised it was the first day of spring. I said I remembered back in the day when March meant Lightfoot in Toronto at Massey Hall and i'd head there every year and see him but if i couldn't see him then a phone call on the first day was just as good.lol..he laffed and said he remembered those days but can't do massey every year anymore..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote